jorje, rap fans

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

jorje, rap fans

Post by $lmjimy311 »

have you heard of free sol? i just found them recently and im listening to their mixtape, its actually pretty dope. really good production, and it just sounds overall different than whats on radio these days. especially their selection of music for the mixtape here it is. (they have a shoutout to 311 in them too so that added bonus points)

http://www.djbooth.net%2Findex%2Fmixtapes%2Fentry%2Ffreesol-rocknrolla-mixtape%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in retro, there are some lyrics i think you may not be the biggest fan of. but overall i think its worth your time. especially the first two tracks
:evil5: TB>BB
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Re: jorje, rap fans

Post by KyleRayner »

do you know lord t and eloise? free sol did a song on their first album. super awesome fun stuff, not too serious. they're white dudes who rap about being super rich from old money and just its hilarious, but at the same time the beats are awesome and the lyrics are actually well done. black limousine is the song featuring free sol and its good, def the most accessible, but I'm Rich and Goin' Shoppin are prob my favorites, or business trip or coup d'etat from their second album
I Want to Believe :evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

could you upload it?
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

oh and a bit more about free sol...they're hip-hop/rock but they do add a bit more funk into their style (based on their old album 11:11 which i cant fucking find anymore on the internet) so its not just what you hear in their mixtape
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

when i get back to philly i'll upload it, don't have my music hard drive with me
I Want to Believe :evil5:
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

Haven't peeped these guys yet, but the idea of rock being involved in their sounds makes me hesitant.

Lord T and Eloise are worth peeping. Clever lyrics with banging beats. Opened for them last summer and had a blast, with my untuxedo.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

the rock is more rootsish in their overall scheme of things. its not like limp bizkit or anything