it's gonna happen :(

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

it's gonna happen :(

Post by fatlip »

they're gonna whoop the shit outta 311

We have also announced the first half of our Co-Headlining tour with Dredg and will be posting the entire tour by Thursday next week. Tickets have gone on sale for all the shows posted so far and we recommend you pick those up so we can see you sweet folks. We are happy to have some great bands with us opening the tour as well, so make sure to check out Good Old War , Zechs Marquise , As Tall As Lions

We will always be playing at least a 70 minute set each night regardless of whether we play last or second to last, so don't fret about short set times because of the co-headliner thing
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Re: it's gonna happen :(

Post by Nate »

Was there ever a question? Rx Bandits are better than 311, and pretty much every band, on every level.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

assblaster wrote:Rx Bandits are better than 311, and pretty much every band, on every level.
I wouldn't go that far & say RxB is "pretty much" better than every band on every level....that's a very bold statement~

311 between '94-'99 > Rx Bandits.....post '01, Rx Bandits is better than 311. RxB are in their prime & have evolved into their true/best sound, so it seems. 311, on the other hand, are seasoned/aged veterans who've already released their best work.
JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

fatlip wrote:they're gonna whoop the shit outta 311
Unfortunately, sir, you are correct.....RxB's new album will beat the living pulp out of Uplifter~
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

oh man. sounds SICK. I think I might actually be more excited for the new RXB than I am for the new 311.

And they're touring with Zechs Marquise. That's baddass. I'mma have to see them.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

these guys are no where compared to the hype you give them, you fucking fags
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

311 has much, much better musicians.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Element wrote:311 has much, much better musicians.

That's probably true, but when is the last time you've heard all of them collaborate and play/create music to their full potential?

I think RX Bandits has better songwriting abilities. And can craft more intricate compositions. I also think RXB is doing more original things, and creating a more progressive style at this point in time.

I've yet to see RX live... I would imagine that it's good but not as good as 311.
It also seems like most of Uplifter is going to be tailored for a live audience.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
311junkee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311junkee »

Element wrote:311 has much, much better musicians.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k2fIF2pcZeg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k2fIF2pcZeg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

They all lay it down here at 1:00
Jump up and down cuz that's the 311 style!
John Michael
See the good in everybody

Post by John Michael »

saying Rx is better than 311 is such garbage comparison. Rx's style hardly as varied as 311, their sometimes over the top composition tends to make their style rather difficult to listen too, and the lack of adding any sort of depth to their instruments via effects really gives their songs a similar sound through out each song. I do like them and think they are good ....I just think comparing them to 311 makes no sense.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i'm not saying rx is a better band, i'm saying i like them better.. i've said in other threads this is the summer where they're probably going to flipflop in my favorite band list

matt embree and choi can both bury nick and sa and tim as far as skill level and vocal range goes, but pnut and chad give 311 the edge over rx. 311 stopped being original somewhere in the 1999-2001 era, and completely stopped trying after 2003. just because rx is going to be my new favorite band doesnt mean they're a better band, it means i like them better

you're the ones with the bullshit statements cuz you're all putting words in my mouth that were never there to begin with
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
John Michael

Post by John Michael »

fatlip wrote:i'm not saying rx is a better band, i'm saying i like them better.. i've said in other threads this is the summer where they're probably going to flipflop in my favorite band list

matt embree and choi can both bury nick and sa and tim as far as skill level and vocal range goes, but pnut and chad give 311 the edge over rx. 311 stopped being original somewhere in the 1999-2001 era, and completely stopped trying after 2003. just because rx is going to be my new favorite band doesnt mean they're a better band, it means i like them better

you're the ones with the bullshit statements cuz you're all putting words in my mouth that were never there to begin with
or maybe it wasn't directed at your comment :wink:
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

As much as I shouldn't provide input in this conversation (being that I don't know who 311 is and have never heard of the ArexBandits) I will provide my input into this conversation.

Musicianship doesn't mean shit nowadays. Do you know how many talented mother fuckers from my high school went on to do absolutely shit with their talent? Everyday I come across an incredible (______) player and most of them aren't doing shit. IMMHHO, musicianship can only take you to a certain point. It is the true genius who can go beyond their talent and musicianship to create something totally new. Knowing little about both of these bands, neither of them will ultimately matter in 100 years, beyond their small time and place in music popularity and amongst niche fans.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Jorge is right. We should just enjoy music whenever it comes out. It's not a competition.
Image :evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

you dont know who 311 is? im confused
:evil5: TB>BB
ATLantaStylee
We go on like it ain't no thing

Post by ATLantaStylee »

Rx Bandits and Dredg!!! That should be a a damn good show! Dredg's new album is pretty damn sweet if you're into them at all. It comes out June 9th.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

$nipe wrote:Jorge is right. We should just enjoy music whenever it comes out. It's not a competition.
John Michael

Post by John Michael »

$nipe wrote:Jorge is right. We should just enjoy music whenever it comes out. It's not a competition.
LIFE'S NOT A RACE

$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

CHEA!
Image :evil5:
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Basically Rx Bandits are just on a whole other level that 311 could never touch; not even with grassroots or transistor.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"