Luke - your new album?

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Luke - your new album?

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Luke hurry it up, if you are taking this long, it has to be great.

You played the drums on the record?
The reason I ask is that I am playing with a new band. They have a shit ton of fancy electronics, mixers, mics and all the bullshit. I had never really recorded with anyone before, atleast not in such good sound quality, with all the pro. equiptment....

There is so much that goes into mixing an album to a perfect sound... I gotta hand it 311, after hearing Transistor, then listening to what our mix sounded like... The levels are off, I couldn't get my 10" tom tuned correctly... My snare was money though, it sounded awesome... Setting up the mics on the drums and getting the right sound def. it harder than I ever imagined. I am a good Funk-Rock drummer, but shitty at mixing/recording. I guess thats where you go into a studio and hire someone to do it right....

BTW what's the name of your band?
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Luke - your new album?

Post by Element »

it's been 3 months since we started the album. the name of our band is still under debate. most of the reasons it's taking so much time is because we're all on different schedules, and it's costing us 200$ a song. it's usually me and my singer in the studio, making decisions and working with our guy. he has a studio in his basement, but he's done our friends albums and they've come out amazing. we're currently mixing, so the album will be done in about another month. it's coming out great, i'm really excited to hear it when it's mixed and mastered.

as far as micing drums, i had little input as to what he used. he was using one mic in the middle of my tom rack, separate mics for my cymbals, and obviously one for the bass and snare - they were all AKG.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Luke - your new album?

Post by $lmjimy311 »

what about fail/10 as a name?
:evil5: TB>BB