OK

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
mary
Taiyed Brodel

OK

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

i've been told that my louie armstrong impression is pretty amazing. :?
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Why do people feel that they have listen to old music thats just boring, to prove that they have superior musical knowledge?

That shit is boring. I could sit here and learn to "appreciate" it for what it is, but really, I don't want to. I'm not interested in the song, and that doesn't in any way say shit about my musical tastes or knowledge.

I decide what I like and what I think is good, so fuck you.

I don't need to sit here and showcase what I base my knowledge off of. I play drums, I listen to music, I learn, and I take in everything I can. I don't sit here and act like a cunt on a forum trying to convince everyone I know everything. (not directed at anyone, just in general)

Seriously I'm just starting to get annoyed by this. Am I the only one that doesn't want to be musically stuck in the past?

Yea I like some music from back in the day, but fuck that, I want to listen to whats new and fresh and of my generation. I want to see where music can go and hopefully participate in that shit.

Just chill the fuck out, Music isn't a competition, its an expression. Listen to what ya like and chill.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

:evil5:
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

drums, you have bad taste in music.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Thank you for further proving my point.
"A call out for unity

Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

you can't handle good music. it's alright.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

ffwhat? haha
"A call out for unity

mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

drums. no one was attacking you. you don't have to sit down and be like 'OMFG I LOVE LOUIS ARMSTRING!!!" and listen to 87 of his albums in order to have good musical taste .... and you certainly don't have to be stuck in the past ...

i think you might find that if you have a greater intrest in music from the past that wasn't made by producers for the radio, you'll love the music you love right now EVEN more. all those artists you listen to and absorb from, love the old stuff and they are drawing from those songs to add to their own musicality.

most of the music that is "going somewhere new" in our generation is a throw back to the styles and risk taking of the greats.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

off point....But element have you heard the kansas city soundtrack? Great jazz shit by far...
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Ron Mexico wrote:
Drums wrote:Why do people feel that they have listen to old music thats just boring, to prove that they have superior musical knowledge?

That shit is boring. I could sit here and learn to "appreciate" it for what it is, but really, I don't want to. I'm not interested in the song, and that doesn't in any way say shit about my musical tastes or knowledge.

I decide what I like and what I think is good, so fuck you.

I don't need to sit here and showcase what I base my knowledge off of. I play drums, I listen to music, I learn, and I take in everything I can. I don't sit here and act like a cunt on a forum trying to convince everyone I know everything. (not directed at anyone, just in general)

Seriously I'm just starting to get annoyed by this. Am I the only one that doesn't want to be musically stuck in the past?

Yea I like some music from back in the day, but fuck that, I want to listen to whats new and fresh and of my generation. I want to see where music can go and hopefully participate in that shit.

Just chill the fuck out, Music isn't a competition, its an expression. Listen to what ya like and chill.
you are telling everyone to chill out, but you are the one with a stick in his ass.

i know you are young and don't quite comprehend music fully. you say you have an appreciation for it, but i think you are more into finding new shit opposed to good stuff. the thing with louis armstrong is how timeless his music is and how it spanned many different cultures being able to reach that kind of audience and still convey the same feeling and message with his song. not only that but the technical aspect and arrangement of the song is great as well coupled with the subtly of the insturments and how it all comes togeather to form this great symbiosis. i could go into a rant about to days music, but really it's just not worth it. it's watered down...talentless...and no one is pushin any boundries...thier just regurgiating crap to try to make it orwhat ever the fuck they are doing. you said music is an expression steve vai made a comment that it is not quantity in music that counts, but rather the quality of the expression. i don't really expect you to understand, because you come off as really narrow minded muscially. your young though and hopefully you'll grow out of it. i know music is still kinda new to you.
I have a stick in my ass?

You got that reaction from "if you fags don't like this...you have bad taste in music and there is no hope for you". You sound like a douchbag.

And who are you to say anything about my knowledge of anything? You don't know me, and you don't know what I know. We've never even come close to having a conversation about music. So fuck you for trying to say that I don't know shit, cause in that aspect YOU don't know shit.

If you know so much, define "good music" properly and then maybe you might have something credible to say about what I know.

I know i don't understand music fully, and either the fuck do you or anybody else for that matter. How could you even justify that statement? Can you even play an instrument?

Emily, you def trailed off topic. I was just sayin that not liking a particular song because of how "good" or "timeless" it is doesn't say shit about your taste in music or your knowledge of it.

And i did understand what you said, and it clearly shows that your a fuck who thinks hes much smarter than everyone else.

"steve vai made a comment that it is not quantity in music that counts, but rather the quality of the expression."

Is that really supposed to be a hard sentence to understand?

And that was genious way of saying that louis armstrong has great technical song structure and mix of instruments, you almost confused me.
"A call out for unity

Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

do i need to say it again?
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

wait, did some post get deleted or something. why did drums go on the offensive in that first post of his, did i miss something?
I Want to Believe :evil5:
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Its whatever dude. Its just annoying hearing people talk as if they know everything and think they know so more then other people. Especially on a forum, we don't know each other anywhere near well enough to make such claims.

Whats the point? Theres no reason to come out talking like that. I'm the asshole though, of course, for pointing this out.

Yea dude, I dont want to argue. I dont come here to be a dick and show how much smarter I am than everyone one else either.

Are my posts read as some hostile fuck? My shit is written in a chill ass tone. Maybe you need to read my shit differently, then maybe you wont try to argue bullshit.
"A call out for unity

JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

yall some bitches~
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »