There sure were a lot of black people in Memphis...

Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

There sure were a lot of black people in Memphis...

Post by Jordan311 »

:shock:

Discuss!!!

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I went to the Stax museum and as I was walking out, 4 cop cars flew by at around 80 mph. No lie.

[2018 update - message to Lil' Shiny: WHAT WERE YOU IMPLYING HERE? YA PIECE OF SHIT]
Last edited by Shiny on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

I honestly can't remember back that far. :(
I can't even remember most of the concert, and I was sober. Hopefully the recording dealy will spark some memories.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

I feel your pain Nate. .. i can't remember any of my 311 concerts ... those three nights of concerts back in December at the Wilturn .. i couldn't even remember what had played the previous night. even though i was perfectly sober.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

I don't know what it is. I can remember EVERYTHING, but when it comes to 311 concerts I can't remember shit. There aren't even live recordings of any of my shows on archive. The only hope I have is for this HDnet thing, whatever the hell that is, and the possibility of a 311 day album. They gotta post some news on that or something:!:
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

I only remember prior 311 concerts when i'm at a 311 concert.. like in line or in the pit waiting for the show to start. otherwise i can't recall any of it.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

damn... i can remember every little detail of all the 311 shows i went to... like when tims guitar went out 3/18/02 during wake your mind up then they brought out that cool tiger striped one he has... or when tim screwed up on beyond the gray sky back in 2003! and nick making fun tim for forgetting how to play the older songs... :D good times... 311 concerts are the highlights of my life.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

I think thats why people forget. Its such a high bein there that your caught up in the moment. I can remember big things like songs they play, but its hard to remember the details.

I was lucky to be able to download 2/3 shows I went to this past tour.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Since we are on race issues... When I went to a 311 show at Purdue University, it was ALL asian people around and in the university. Honestly, there were 9/10 asians walking around. But when we got into the arena thing, there like two out of a few thousand. Weird.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

I actually dont think ive ever seen any black people at a 311 show. i think the main reason for this is because most black people (at least the ones i know) refuse to listen to something that is not rap, it pisses me off. Once they hear an actual instrument they freak out and call it shit and wont listen.

I'm talkin about in school. Someone will put on music ona computer and there are a million complaints if it isnt rap.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

Drums wrote:I actually dont think ive ever seen any black people at a 311 show. i think the main reason for this is because most black people (at least the ones i know) refuse to listen to something that is not rap, it pisses me off. Once they hear an actual instrument they freak out and call it shit and wont listen.

I'm talkin about in school. Someone will put on music ona computer and there are a million complaints if it isnt rap.
that last sentence makes it soo true. That bugs the hell out of me.
So its come to this?
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

and yeah Memphis is full of Mondays.
So its come to this?
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I can't remember what order the songs were played in. After looking at the setlist after I came home, I was confused.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Drums wrote:I actually dont think ive ever seen any black people at a 311 show. i think the main reason for this is because most black people (at least the ones i know) refuse to listen to something that is not rap, it pisses me off. Once they hear an actual instrument they freak out and call it shit and wont listen.

I work with a 22 y/o black guy and he digs 311 since I've been bringing it in. I def have seen only one black guy at a 311 show.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

Shiny wrote:I can't remember what order the songs were played in. After looking at the setlist after I came home, I was confused.
haha, when we got back to the hotel that night, i remembered and wrote down every song they played... i must have a good memory, cuz i got them all right.

Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

GOATBURGE wrote:
Shiny wrote:I can't remember what order the songs were played in. After looking at the setlist after I came home, I was confused.
haha, when we got back to the hotel that night, i remembered and wrote down every song they played... i must have a good memory, cuz i got them all right.
yup, we did that on the car ride home. I think we were only off by 2.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I remember after 311 day 04 my friend and I were so sure that 311 played electricity and what was I thinking...and then we found out they didn't but we both remember hearing them at the show haha. I think they played them at the fan party the night before and that is why we thought they were played haha.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

Nate wrote:
GOATBURGE wrote:
yup, we did that on the car ride home. I think we were only off by 2.
hahaha, i found the list.... jesus my handwriting is bad... plus yesenia loves me!!!! wooo

Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

looks like you write with your feet boi!
box
Taiyed Brodel

Post by box »

I hear Cubans are starting to grow gills now.