some info on 311 day on HDNet!!

marleyman311
Everything I'm sayin' you can dismiss

some info on 311 day on HDNet!!

Post by marleyman311 »

ok, so i thought it wouldnt be a bad idea to email some people from HDNet to get some info about 311 day, heres the email i sent to about 15 people:

Hello, my name is Drew. I was recently at the 311 concert that HDNet filmed in Memphis, TN, on 3/11/06. I was hoping that you could possibly let me know when I can look for this on your station, and any other information about the show, such as if it will be the full 5 hours or not? Also, after it is shown on television, will you be making a DVD or VHS out of it? Any or all answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated by myself and my fellow fans of not only 311, but HDNet also. If you are not the person I should ask for this info, could you please lead me in the direction of someone who could answer? Thank you VERY much for your time.
> > Thank You Again,
> > Drew

I got one reply and first he told me he forwarded the message to someone who could help, then sent another message:

btw...it will probably be cut down to about a 2 hr. show. I am not sure if or when the DVD will be released

So theres some updated info for all of us, disappointing to hear it will be 2 hours, but at least its something.....if the other person emails me back ill post the info right away.
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

worst 311day ever
Rock for Light
KingOfOldSchool
Losin' my grip as i trip on anomalies

Post by KingOfOldSchool »

They could have just said fuck it and not give us anything like they did for 02.
juanbond7
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by juanbond7 »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:worst 311day ever
You're right....
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

KingOfOldSchool wrote:They could have just said fuck it and not give us anything like they did for 02.
I'd rather not see any of it than a fuckin cut version, fuck that.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

:evil5:
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

311drums915 wrote:
KingOfOldSchool wrote:They could have just said fuck it and not give us anything like they did for 02.
yeah... that really grinds my gears
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

No company like that will ever understand what 311 Day means to us. Doesnt suprise me one bit.
"A call out for unity

juanbond7
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by juanbond7 »

GOATBURGE wrote:
311drums915 wrote:
yeah... that really grinds my gears
Watch them take out the best parts of the concert, like....innerlight spectrum, eons, btgs, unity, the transistor block! I mean, it's almost impossible to do such.....fuckers!
MariaA
Taiyed Brodel

Post by MariaA »

I think Id cry if they took the transistor block out :cry:
Spookie Apperitions
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Spookie Apperitions »

those bitches better at least put This Too Shall Pass and Down South on it....fuck 3 hours of amazingness cut out....that is just outright bullshit.
I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

maybe hdnet will offer monetary downloads off of their website for the entire show, and since they probably won't we could have a huge petition or something like that of as many 311 fans as possible and they will realize how large the fanbase is and do it.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

either way, HDnet is only on Directv so, no loss either way, either download a crappy non-5.1 non-hd rip and have it cut down to 2 hours, or dont watch it at all.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

They have the whole shopw taped somewhere. I need to see this fuckin thing.
"A call out for unity

OmahaStylee31106
Music's What I Need to Keep my Sanity

Post by OmahaStylee31106 »

All i can say is that if they do make a cut version it better have the more rare shit on it like the transistor block and also some of the other songs that they never play in concert. I love all 311 songs but if i wanna see the songs they played in 04 ill watch that dvd but if a 2 hr version of 06 is all i can get then ill take the rare shit that i cant see on 04. All i can say is that at least it is something.
Life's a bowl of punch, go ahead and spike it!
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

ok you guys are really starting to fuckin piss me off with this negative bull shit. you guys are all being mother fucking ungrateful pussies...i'm really sick of seeing the "fans" of one of the most positive bands of all time being so god damn negative...i didn't think somethin like this would get me this bad...but do you guys see what your doin??? YOU are making 311 look bad...you are supposed to support them...how do you know that this isn't some record label bullshit. maybe their label wouldn't let them have the huge show unless they had to do somethin like this. i doubt that they want to put a cut concert on tv. learn to take what you get...cuz your not gonna get everything you want your whole damn lifes. fuck
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Pearce wrote:ok you guys are really starting to fuckin piss me off with this negative bull shit. you guys are all being mother fucking ungrateful pussies...i'm really sick of seeing the "fans" of one of the most positive bands of all time being so god damn negative...i didn't think somethin like this would get me this bad...but do you guys see what your doin??? YOU are making 311 look bad...you are supposed to support them...how do you know that this isn't some record label bullshit. maybe their label wouldn't let them have the huge show unless they had to do somethin like this. i doubt that they want to put a cut concert on tv. learn to take what you get...cuz your not gonna get everything you want your whole damn lifes. fuck
Right on, but I think you need to take a warm bath and couple hits.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

i didn't take a bath...but i whipped out the bong the second after i posted that

it's just annoying to see that shit on here...it's not needed
Spookie Apperitions
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Spookie Apperitions »

dude im just saying the would most definatly profit off of putting it out on dvd more than a stupid cut payperview show that only a limited number of people can get.....plus they have to know that many people want and would pay money for a 311 Day 06 dvd....yet if it is label bullshit well thats just rediculous in my eyes....
I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

i hope they release a dvd too...

but if they don't...are you gonna not watch the hdnet thing just to protest??? don't get so worked up in the post product shit....Spookie...you were THERE brotha...nothing will beat that...the memories! dude we fuckin smoked together w/ random ppl in the parking lot after getting paranoid about somebody bein in that semi hahahaha ...they won't show that on the dvd....but it's in your memory...kinda lol
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Yo dude shill. I want to see 311 Day oo much. Thats why I am dissapointed to hear that there will most likely be a cut version. To me its fuckin the whole thing up. I'm backing 311 and the fans. I want to be able to enjoy the WHOLE show, and that statements makes that soud about impossible. Its not negativity, its getting upset and irritated at that. Chill
"A call out for unity