311 Day--->311 experienced in an altered state

EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

311 Day--->311 experienced in an altered state

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

I ate Shrooms when 311 played in Dekalb 1/8 a bag of shrooms for you people who know about amounts. All I can say is that is was so surreal, that particular show they played uncalm and a bunch of rarities too. I could swear that p-nut saw me dancing around and was thinking "right on dude, party it up" haha, well anyway I smoke pot on a regular basis but I don’t think of myself as a druggie, I mean think about the cigarette, beer guzzling, coffee drinking people of the world how much better is that then pot. It’s pretty much well known that pot is pretty much harmless that why it has been decriminalized in much of Europe in Canada and even in the Denver city limits.

Well for all you that have brainwashed about the reefer madness propaganda that started in the 20's with the movies of people jumping windows and killing people after smoking pot. and the Regan Administration in the 80's with the commercial with the egg this is your brain this is your brain on drugs...Its all scare tactics because it's not taxable and it decreases productivity, its not part of European cultural history like "Drinking" is. If we grew up in South America or on an Indian reservation we probly would eat cactus and smoke pot, however for religious experiences not a daily thing.

So say what you will pot and shroom's are pretty harmless. And if you want to know Bill Gates admitted in a Playboy interview that he was pretty into acid in the 70's and that let him come up with some idea's and inspiration. Look at 311 on transistor it all points back to the point that altered states are part of who we are and increase one's creativity and help facilitate musical exploration ala Pink Floyd etc........
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

I'm not a marijuana hater but you act like pot isn't harmless. There are definite dangers and it can be very addictive to many people. Just google it and check it out.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Spookie Apperitions
Taiyed Brodel

Re: 311 Day--->311 experienced in an altered state

Post by Spookie Apperitions »

EvenField2BeOn wrote:I ate Shrooms when 311 played in Dekalb 1/8 a bag of shrooms for you people who know about amounts. All I can say is that is was so surreal, that particular show they played uncalm and a bunch of rarities too. I could swear that p-nut saw me dancing around and was thinking "right on dude, party it up" haha, well anyway I smoke pot on a regular basis but I don’t think of myself as a druggie, I mean think about the cigarette, beer guzzling, coffee drinking people of the world how much better is that then pot. It’s pretty much well known that pot is pretty much harmless that why it has been decriminalized in much of Europe in Canada and even in the Denver city limits.

Well for all you that have brainwashed about the reefer madness propaganda that started in the 20's with the movies of people jumping windows and killing people after smoking pot. and the Regan Administration in the 80's with the commercial with the egg this is your brain this is your brain on drugs...Its all scare tactics because it's not taxable and it decreases productivity, its not part of European cultural history like "Drinking" is. If we grew up in South America or on an Indian reservation we probly would eat cactus and smoke pot, however for religious experiences not a daily thing.

So say what you will pot and shroom's are pretty harmless. And if you want to know Bill Gates admitted in a Playboy interview that he was pretty into acid in the 70's and that let him come up with some idea's and inspiration. Look at 311 on transistor it all points back to the point that altered states are part of who we are and increase one's creativity and help facilitate musical exploration ala Pink Floyd etc........

word dude i agree....the funny thing is how alcohol is legal and it is so much more dangerous...but oh well...sooner or later marijuana's prohibition willl be over....sooner than later i pray.
I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
juanbond7
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by juanbond7 »

ConfitivePosident wrote:I'm not a marijuana hater but you act like pot isn't harmless. There are definite dangers and it can be very addictive to many people. Just google it and check it out.
At the same time it helps releave pain in some people....
MariaA
Taiyed Brodel

Re: 311 Day--->311 experienced in an altered state

Post by MariaA »

Spookie Apperitions wrote:
EvenField2BeOn wrote:I ate Shrooms when 311 played in Dekalb 1/8 a bag of shrooms for you people who know about amounts. All I can say is that is was so surreal, that particular show they played uncalm and a bunch of rarities too. I could swear that p-nut saw me dancing around and was thinking "right on dude, party it up" haha, well anyway I smoke pot on a regular basis but I don’t think of myself as a druggie, I mean think about the cigarette, beer guzzling, coffee drinking people of the world how much better is that then pot. It’s pretty much well known that pot is pretty much harmless that why it has been decriminalized in much of Europe in Canada and even in the Denver city limits.

word dude i agree....the funny thing is how alcohol is legal and it is so much more dangerous...but oh well...sooner or later marijuana's prohibition willl be over....sooner than later i pray.
its all bullshit, the goverment can make sooo much money off of legal marijuana...but its frowned upon because society has made it that way, its a load of crap to be honest with you, drinking will fuck up your liver royaly but what does a little pot do? Open your mind to whats going on and make you think a little bit more...im not saying go get fucked up and drive around like an asshole but lets be honest people is it really that bad, or are we just taught to think that it is????
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

Marijuanna was made illegal in the 20's because of the cotton industry. They didn't like the fact that a "weed" was more versitale and stronger than cotton. The government will never make Marijuana legal. They would be admitting that they lost the war on drugs. Don't get your hopes up. Instead put a grow light in your closet and have at it.
Virginia Beach, VA
AIM: Skaholic
http://www.myspace.com/311hive
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Weed is addicting. There are People who smoke it every single day and need it just to get thru life and then turn around and say "its not addictive, Im not addicted". I know - I was one of them.... Plus it makes you stupid as hell. Dont even say shit about having a friend smoking weed and then going in and making a 1600 on their SAT's - pot kills brains cells - I smoked so much over the past 10 years and its definately fuckin killed my brain cells... Its not harmless either - THC affects different people in different ways. The very last time I smoked pot, I smoked some of the strongest herb I have ever smoked - and I smoked alot of it - bymyself, then about 15 minutes later my heart rate jumped up to 190 beats per minute and had to go to the ER and have my heart slowed down...It took nearly 2 hours too... It would have eventually gotten tired and stopped if I wouldnt have gone to the hospital. Now I have heart valve problems and rhythm problems because of weed....
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

speaking of addictions^

yea, i hate to say it but im definately addicted to marijuana. when im bored i just wanna smoke it. and i always have some. damnit.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Weed, recreationally, can be a beautiful thing.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

It depends on your personality at the current time. I was going through some serious growth and uncertainty last summer...and everytime I smoked I got very uncomfortably introspective and paranoid highs. But this isn't to say that its bad all around...if you're in a good way, it puts a different perspective on that. Its just wrong to say that is ALWAYS completely harmless. But it doesn't mean that it shouldnt be legal.....alcohol exaggerates your emotions more.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

TaiyedBorders wrote:Weed is addicting. There are People who smoke it every single day and need it just to get thru life and then turn around and say "its not addictive, Im not addicted". I know - I was one of them.... Plus it makes you stupid as hell. Dont even say shit about having a friend smoking weed and then going in and making a 1600 on their SAT's - pot kills brains cells - I smoked so much over the past 10 years and its definately fuckin killed my brain cells... Its not harmless either - THC affects different people in different ways. The very last time I smoked pot, I smoked some of the strongest herb I have ever smoked - and I smoked alot of it - bymyself, then about 15 minutes later my heart rate jumped up to 190 beats per minute and had to go to the ER and have my heart slowed down...It took nearly 2 hours too... It would have eventually gotten tired and stopped if I wouldnt have gone to the hospital. Now I have heart valve problems and rhythm problems because of weed....
i took the SATs high and got a 1340, better then when i took it sober actually, AND thc is less harmful then alcohol as far as amount of brain cells you kills go, you kill way more brain cells in a night of heavy drinking then heavy marijuana use, alcohol makes you dumber too, its just most people who dirnk a lot arent like "whoaaaaa dude thats trippy!" and sound like idiots, and dude as for your story, that sucks,that really does, must have been scary as hell, especially bein high and paranoid n shit while it was happening, but that was stupid of you, no difffernent than the idiots like my roomates who decide theyre gonna play vodka pong while takin hits from a jack bottle the whole way and had to go to the hospital, but just because you do something stupid doesnt mean that the drug is so rediculously wrong, if you smoke moderately and dont attempt to smoke your bodyweight in good shit, what happened to you wont happen, plus ive never heard of anybody else ever doing that, not doubting your story, but it seems like its rare

ps back to the topic...i was trippin the shrooms fantastic in the front row of hte pit at 311 day, and it was fucking awesome, excellent experience, i left that show with a more positive and happy view of life then when i entered, not to say it wasnt mostly the fantastic show, but it definately was cool to see chads set moving when it actually wasnt

pps. psychonauts forum, why did that die?
I Want to Believe :evil5:
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

the whole

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

the whole brain cell thing is BS, you brain cells do not die more from THC then asprin the THC molecule binds to their receptor site (i.e. the cell that accepts the THC molecule) just like vicodin bonds to your opiate receptors allowing an inhibitory cell response. When THC bonds to the cells that accept them (they are called cannaboid receptors) they induce the feeling of highness. After the molecule unlatches (it is has a short half life) it moves out into your body fat. There is nothing to do with the feeling of highness from THC and brain cell death. The old belief that because you feel high that means you are killing tons of braincells is BS. However there are people who take extremely high amounts and take weeks or several months to fully exit all the chemicals out of their system. I took psychobiology.
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

My little weekend stay at the hospital is the reason I dont smoke anymore. God I miss the hell out of it. But yeah it sucked that night, being extrememly high and paranoid thinking I was gonna die - my heart felt like it was gonna stop and my doctor looked like some old man undertaker dude... Weed in moderation is fine - anything is. This dumbass in my gym is bragging about a drinking contest he won - 54 shots of vodka. Personally to me thats pretty stupid because that much alcohol can poison your body and kill you. Weed is a good stress reliever, but can turn you into a burnout if you arent careful. Same thing with alcohol - 2 drinks a day is good for your heart, anymore and its liver damage.... I think back in high school we used to smoke so much weed, then last year before I quit smoking, I was 25and it didnt take much to get me high and feel good - just a few hits and I was good for the night - but back in high school we used to smoke like someone was going to take it away from us - -
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

CollapsingVisionary wrote:Image

speaking of addictions^

yea, i hate to say it but im definately addicted to marijuana. when im bored i just wanna smoke it. and i always have some. damnit.
I was too - You know that feeling when you get low on weed, or how about when you are completely out and it will be a few days before your hook up can get you some more- you turn into an addict trying to score smoke wherever you can, its funny but its the truth - And those days where your out of weed are the worst because your not used to not being high - i used to walk around crabby and pissed off on those days
juanbond7
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by juanbond7 »

hahaha.....yeah man, I know what you're saying. It's the worst feeling....
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

CollapsingVisionary wrote:[img]yea, i hate to say it but im definately addicted to marijuana. when im bored i just wanna smoke it. and i always have some. damnit.
I'm exactly fuckin like that.

Weed's too expensive.

Acctualy it's really cheap where I live...
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Weed is not physically addictive, its mentally addicting. Its YOU thats makes you addicted, its in your head.

Weed does not cause you do be dumb, or to make you lazy burnout. Its how you are about it. If you get dumb about smoking, its your fault, not mary jane's.

Thats the main reason I think that weed has such a bad reputation. People get stupid about it, and fuck up their lives. Alcoholics do to, but its worse if its beacause of weed according to some people. It all about how you are about it.

Gateway drug my ass, its YOUR decision, weed doesnt make you do shit.

I also cannot stand the people who smoke ciggaretts or drink a shitload of alcohol and still say "weed is horrible."

How many times have you read "STONED DRIVER KILLS FAMILY IN CAR ACCIDENT" in the headlines?
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

:evil5:
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

TaiyedBorders wrote:
CollapsingVisionary wrote:Image

speaking of addictions^

I was too - You know that feeling when you get low on weed, or how about when you are completely out and it will be a few days before your hook up can get you some more- you turn into an addict trying to score smoke wherever you can, its funny but its the truth - And those days where your out of weed are the worst because your not used to not being high - i used to walk around crabby and pissed off on those days
haha seriously. now i just make sure i never run out.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
royal311king
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Post by royal311king »

i didnt really read this whole thread

but ya ive shroomed at 4 311 shows including 311 day 04

watchin the dvd is like a fuckin flashback! but its always a good one
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace
http://www.myspace.com/gunther311420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"its all about the company we keep"
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

I have been so desperate for weed that I am completely cleaned out all my pipes and bunched together all the rock hard chunks of resin and smoked them like crack! Its funny because it kinda feels like your smokin rock - but it gets you high - it tastes horrible though - I needed a drink to chase each hit with, it was so strong