311 Day '04 or '06

tred311
Taiyed Brodel

311 Day '04 or '06

Post by tred311 »

disclaimer: this is NOT a negative post!

but, does anyone feel that 311 Day in NOLA in '04 was THE 311 show to see. to me it was just magic and that was thier best show to date. i thought memphis was BADASS but, i feel the magic/energy/everything was just up a notch in NOLA. i just think, in my own opinion, that they will have a hell of a time duplicating that show. i just feel so fortunate to be a part of it!
"Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut"
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

311 Day 06, just because 04 was the show that really got me into them and I wasn't familiar with half of the songs yet
prsand311
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Post by prsand311 »

04, but 06 is right behind it.
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

Shiny wrote:311 Day 06, just because 04 was the show that really got me into them and I wasn't familiar with half of the songs yet
Holy crap, dude. I figured you'd been a hardcore fan for a really long time, that surprises me.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

yeah me tool..... f'n newb :D

after the 04 show i was convinced it was the greatest rock show in the history of the world.. didnt have that same feeling this time.

and in 04 the bass was thumping.. and tennesee sucks
Rock for Light
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

thats why 08 will be the best ever, back to N.O.
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

i'm excited.

although i think that the song selection for 06 was much more filtered and thought out
311_4_unity
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

Post by 311_4_unity »

i hope so because that will be the first one i actually have a chance on going to and after watching the 311 day DVD i want my first 311 day to be in N.O.L.A. at the Lakefront
"To Mean People, I Say Choke On It, Gagging All The Way. May You Remember The Texture For Days"
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

311_4_unity wrote:i hope so because that will be the first one i actually have a chance on going to and after watching the 311 day DVD i want my first 311 day to be in N.O.L.A. at the Lakefront
it's the best place for a 311 show. the new orleans arena is too small, and concerts at the dome are 50/50.

can't wait, whenever they announce it, i'm opening my apartment up for a select few for anybody that wants to crash for free.
Let's put a smile on that face
Hostile_Apostle311
Listen to the DJ just rappin and things

Post by Hostile_Apostle311 »

prsand311 wrote:04, but 06 is right behind it.
"And sometimes I pray
waiting for some bright holiday.
So I bought myself a gun.
And I'm right back where i'm from."
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

I don't know what all the hype is about the "suprises" that happened in '04. There was one surprise during that show, and ONLY one surprise: the D'yer Mak'er cover. That one surprise was the only thing missing from '06.

BUT

All the other huge rarities that were played in '04 (Juan Bond, White Man, etc) were already known ahead of time, at least to anybody that was checking the 311bb at the time. The song voting on the BB already showed that they were gonna be playing some of those rare songs, and none of them surprised me. I was expecting to hear Juan Bond at that show, because people were already talking about how they would play it.

I don't know why everyone is saying there were less surprises this time. Same thing happened this year, the bb voting showed ahead of time that they would play This Too Shall Pass and Inner Light Spectrum. No different than in '04, the rare songs were pretty much already known ahead of time.

The fact that '06 didn't have the "surprise" element of '04 is not a very valid point. Neither show had many surprises to anybody that was obsessively reading the boards ahead of time (that's me!).
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I agree with everything you just said.

And also, as far as the "old songs" go, the oldest song in '04 was Summer of Love (which had even so been played in semi-recent shows up to that day). In '06 we got Down South and This Too Shall Pass, with Down South having not been playing since 1991....which is an amazing occurance.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

Shiny wrote:I agree with everything you just said.

And also, as far as the "old songs" go, the oldest song in '04 was Summer of Love (which had even so been played in semi-recent shows up to that day). In '06 we got Down South and This Too Shall Pass, with Down South having not been playing since 1991....which is an amazing occurance.
exactly one of the points i made earlier in the other 04 06 post, im gonn a repost it cuz it belongs moreso in here, it was responding to someone sayign 04 was more diverse
i dunno about all this 04 had a more diverse set business i keep seeing people say. i mean look at it, as far as OLD shit goes, they play summer of love occasionally in normal sets, but NEVER this too hsall pass and down south, music had about the same songs shown, just replaced visit and paradise with plain, grassroots had more, including NUTSYPMTOM and GRASSROOTS and 123, blue album, traded random and sweet and purpose for dont stay home and hive, i mean of course i wish sweet was in there, but pretty good trade, and then transistor, holy shit, nuff said, cept for lack of stealing happy hours, still WAY more transistor, soundsystem, another trade off, lost strong all along and lifes not a race, but we got mindspin, not so cool but, mindspin kicks ass, from chaos, full ride WOW one of my favorites to see live now, nick looked like he was having so much goddamn fun AWWWWWWW SHIT AND added ill be here awhile, evolver, lost reconsider everything, seems uncertain, and give me a call, boohoo, and added a few dtom songs, but not many, now bsides, heres where things werent so hot, we got tribute and gap, but lost let the cards fall, outside, whtieman, and calisoca, but i mean come on, tribute kicks ass, a lot of ass, especially live, and we lost some covers, also, boohoo, i jsut dont see how you guys keep sayhing that the 04 set was more diverse, PLUS, we were entertained during the lulls at least a little bit, 06 was the shit man, yeah 04 had more bass, but this energy was rediculous, them coming together really came out to me, it seemed like they were having a lot more fun, not putting on a show for the cameras, 06>04, if you ask me
I Want to Believe :evil5: