17 hours later.... (sorry its so long...emotions took over)

marleyman311
Everything I'm sayin' you can dismiss

17 hours later.... (sorry its so long...emotions took over)

Post by marleyman311 »

we arrived in memphis. stopping only for food and gas, the ride was a long one, listening to 311 and watching the dvd in our rental mini van (that was illegal for us to drive) on the way there. having people in the middle of virginia and tennessee honk at us becasue the side of our car said "honk if you love 311" on it amongst other things. anicipation was a killer upon reaching memphis. the first nite, everyone was dragging, from being up for over 24 hours straight with the drive in between, but, that could and would not stop us. Arriving at beale street was great with the "big ass beer" and hearing 311 blasting outside one of the bars and seeing about 200 people dancing and singing outside to the blue album. by the end of the nite, i knew i would be in for something special the next day.

my friend jesse came into my hotel room and woke me up at 7am, and we were on our way about an hour later to get on line for wristbands. we arrived at the colluseum about 9, with not too many ahead of us then. as we waited there, it all started to hit me. i have listened to 311 for as long as i have listened to music, and something i could feel inside, that i have never felt before was there, it all hit me. it was like a dream come true, standing there with my best friends and all my other friends going to the concert, the concert of my life, and the best thing that i have done so far in my 21 years. upon recieving our wristbands, we were all hungry and went to a small bbq place, that was probably some of the best food i had ever had. going back to the parking lot and seeing all of the tailgaters was something else, it wasnt like a regular concert....this is 311 day! i remember looking at my phone every 5 minutes, hoping that doors would be open soon, and finally they were.

upon walking inside i remember getting the chills thinking to myself, "this is 311 day" i couldnt believe i was finally there.....i was waiting on line to get a shirt and it was taking forever, when me and jesse started to hear someone on stage. i looked down and it was 645, there was no way it could be 311, and this kid near us was sure that it was. well thank god it wasnt. i finally got out of that line about 2 minutes before 311 went on. i couldnt help but scream for joy and happiness when their intro came on. 311 hit the stage, and hit it hard. i made my way up to the front of the pit by the end of the first song, standing in between nick and tim, with only one person in front of me.....i dont know how to explain the feeling i had while standing there. after the first set, i was pretty dehydrated, sweaty and soaking wet, so i decided to make my way back by my friends. for the remainder of the concert, i watched in awe, as i usually do, but the anticipation for what song would be next was greater than ever. a few times, as i stood there "jumping up to the beat" and whatnot, i almost broke down because emotion and my passion for 311's incredible music was taking over my body.

i know that i dont know you guys very well on here, and didnt meet any of you there, but i would like to say right here that it was a privilege to be able to spend this concert with all of you, true 311 fans. this past weekend was the most emotional and heartfelt time of my life and i want to say that one of my dreams in life has come true. im sure some of you think this is all bs, but its not. this message is coming from my heart, as i write it to you with a tear in my eye becasue this message is almost over, and the concert is already.

im sure a few of you feel the same about this as i do, and i do feel that my life is complete now. i wish i could have frozen time right there, and relive that day over and over. i cant, and life goes on, of course. but this weekend was a time that i will always remember and always cherish.

Drew
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

i feel you man. that was a great read. parts of the concert were indeed very emotional and life changing for me too

even though we didn't hang out at the show, i'm glad that we were both there. that's unity for ya. and its nothing short of amazing that we have this message board where we can talk about this for as long as we want.
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

Nice post, man. I got a slight chill at one part.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Awesome post man, good shit. Think, what other band does this? What other band posses a mentaly that 311 does and has fans that have it too? What other group of fans would either write something like this or read it being 100% understanding and serious too? There is none. It's amazing the things that come from this band and the fans. It is definately something that I would have never expecting becoming a 311 fan, and now that I am, and I am a part of this group of people, I love it.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

:evil5:
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

that is true. i know there are die hard fans of a lot of bands.. but 311 inspires this tremendous amount of unpretentious love in people. it brings you closer to god or something.

being at a show, and just throwing your arms up and singing along.. it feels like flying.

I am going to 20 shows this summer.
Rock for Light
Freezetime311
You make up ridiculous words

Post by Freezetime311 »

Before reading that, I have been so sad that I couldn't go due to something that happened at work. I had my tickets and all. And I have been in the slumps trying not to think about it. I actually stopped listening to 311 for about 3 weeks now, cause it would make me emotional knowing that I couldn't come to Memphis.

But after reading this, you put me into the moment and gave me the chills like I was there right next to you. And I would have gotten just as emotional as you. I am happy you got to witness it that way, and I will have to die to not see them in 2008 on their DAY!

After this training at work is done for me in about 2 weeks, I will be FREE to listen to 311 again! For now, I have to hit the books and ONLY DREAM of getting that DVD to see what you all experienced! Im so Jealous when I read all of this stuff :(
MUCH LOVE!
Chris
Yes I still remember you

Post by Chris »

hey marleyman, were you at the Holiday Inn Express?
marleyman311
Everything I'm sayin' you can dismiss

Post by marleyman311 »

no i was at the airport radisson