The Preacher on Beale

wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

The Preacher on Beale

Post by wbrycew »

So, how about that preacher that was speaking outside of the fan party? Pretty goofy, he's saying stuff no one wants to hear, and the fans are all drunk saying goofy nonsense back.

"311 preaches evolution!"

Haha.

Later in the night, when they were done speaking, I went and talked to one of the guys for like 15 or 20 minutes (I was kinda drunk). He was a nice dude named Tom, and told me about how you don't need to be baptized to go to heaven. I don't really know or care whether this is true.

Well anyways, he asked me what all this commotion was. Like, why was there so many people on Beale Street. I explained the whole 311 day deal, and he was like "we need to get 311 back to memphis more often! this is the best crowd reaction we've ever had in 20 years!"

I just thought it was funny that the preacher was really into the idea of having 311 day back in memphis again. And this was after he preached about how we were all sinners for a few hours straight.

Best reaction they ever had, haha! Nobody even cared what they were saying.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

haha i meant tomake a thread about this earlier, whcih reminded me, FATLIP, were you in the pit, did you crowd surf, and did you take a picture in front of this preacher guy for your friend and then let some random guy take one of you with him for no reason, and if this person that i think is you, is , then when you crowd surfed you hit me in the head and iwant an apology :twisted:
I Want to Believe :evil5:
Down South
The fish who keeps on swimming

Post by Down South »

Hahahahaha, I stood and listened to this guy for a few minutes......but then I got thirsty again and went back down the street to pick up another big ass beer.
hydropoNICK
Copin' out problems every time I can

Post by hydropoNICK »

I was one of the drunk guys yelling at him. Don't know what hell I was doin because I was fucked up, but it was fun yelling at him. I thought he was saying shit like 311 preaches impure things, then again I could be wrong.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

i didn't get it, i heard him saying how 311 is all about unity and help the homeless, then he was saying negative things about 311... i saw some 311 fans run up in front of him and yell stuff too.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

I used to live by UNCC in charlotte - and there was always alot of street preachers screaming at the top of their lungs, and frat boys getting out of the cars and starting shit with them - Of course the preacher would yell the frat dudes and then they would get out and almost beat their ass. I am a devout christian but, I think those street preachers are CRAZY - I havent met one that was normal yet... Those guys are too extreme, and dont even know what they are really saying - They arent all from the same church either, - some are the church of christ or methodist....