my 311 day expirence

royal311king
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

my 311 day expirence

Post by royal311king »

so first off in the morning off 311 day, i ran into a girl who is roomates with the hive manager...whichi know both, the manager from personal incounter, and the roomate from him telling her about me and from myspace. anywho, she calls the hive for me and i got to talk to the hive manager for about 10 minutes...such a cool guy...

then waiting in line for wristbands the girl i went with forgot her ticket at the hotel room, so i asked peter raspler, who i know, to hook it up, so he does and later wehn we are at the hotel, PETER RASPLER calls her cell phone....woah

then during the show i talked with peter a whole bunch (he pulled me aside, knowing how big of a fan i am and asks for my opinion of the show (woah), and i talked to adam raspler, jim (tour manager, who i already know), ruff (tims guitar tech), pat (drum and bass tech), SA's MOM, who remembered me from our last meeting (that woman almost made me cry, she so sweet), fruity who is the soudnboard guy, Chads cousins, and the hive managers roomate, and nicks girlfreind too! shes hot!

i practically talked to everyone who works for 311. WOAH

and the hive managers roommate snuck our camera in and got soundcheck footage (six, and no control) i cant believe they sound checked six...wtf

okay now for the show itself...WOW, i mean song wise and surprise wise, 04 was way better but i couldnt believe This too shall pass...woah....down south...woah

the sound was amazing...i loved the fuckups during feels so good...sa's verse which i never heard, im actuely gonna listen to teh old recordings of that song see if teh verse is different...

but im gonna talk to peter and tell him what songs they shoulda played...maybe help out in the selection for next 311 day....

im suposed to be all over teh dvd, thats what peter told me, so look for me when it comes out..

GUNTHER

peace.
Last edited by royal311king on Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace
http://www.myspace.com/gunther311420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"its all about the company we keep"
royal311king

Post by royal311king »

hey does anyone want me to ask peter for any specific songs to be played at the next 311 day?

if i want to hear them too, im gonna ask...

he really wanted my opinion so...he will really respect what i say...so tell me what you would have wanted to hear

heres my choices

-time is precious
-cutm
-firewater
-guns
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace
http://www.myspace.com/gunther311420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

juanbond7
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by juanbond7 »

the continous life, little bro, color, space funk or old funk and blizza
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

motha fuckin evolution and leaving babylon and tune in
I Want to Believe :evil5:
JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

leaving babylon, tune in, old and space funk, guns are for pussies, the continuous life, firewater, loco, and Hostile Apostle

:lol:
royal311king

Post by royal311king »

okay...i just talked to peter....here

(19:33:01) Peter: right on. good to see you there. thanks for your positive vibes. good times!
(19:36:19) gunther: dude, no thanking me....THANK YOU...you have no idea....no manager of any other band would take time to talk to me, to ask me my opinion of the show.....
(19:36:33) gunther: but if you busy just say so
(19:37:21) Peter: so what's your honest opinion. tell it to me straight
(19:41:52) gunther: well....to be completely honest....i think 311 day is like for the diehards....they did play alot of songs that i have heard before....i mean like amber....i think they shouldnt play amber at 311 day...thats my opinion....but like the sound quality was amazing....the lights were fantastic, the smoke shit that came up....wow i was really blown awa buy that, and the confetti triped the hell outta me....but like for songs....i think ALOT of people want to hear RARITIES....i think next 311 day should be like the rare songs....i mean you have to mix in a few popular songs of course.....but that place is filled with diehard fans who wanna hear the rarest songs ya know?
(19:43:11) gunther: but it was still the best show of my life
(19:44:50) Peter logged out.
(19:52:17) Peter logged in.
(19:52:44) gunther: hey did you get to read that?
(19:52:57) Peter: ya, my computer crashed. i hear ya
(19:53:04) gunther: cool
(19:53:09) Peter: did the show look big? cool? exciting? fun?
(19:54:21) gunther: fuck ya....
(19:54:28) gunther: everyone i talked to after had a fuckin blast
(19:54:33) Peter: was the side show stuff decent?
(19:54:48) gunther: ya liek the smoke was teh shit
(19:55:07) gunther: i didnt really get a good look of all the people up on stage...i kinda just groove to the music....
(19:55:24) gunther: like i missed the stilt guys
(19:55:44) gunther: there wasnt as many people on stage as 04 was there?
(19:56:50) gunther: okay, since i told you my honest truth....plese tell me the truth.....is there gonna be a 311 day dvd? or is it gonna be another etsd?
(19:57:24) Peter: we're just collecting footage. no plans for either right now. but who knows. we'll look through the footage and see what we have. it will surface at some point

so dudes and dudettes....im a tryin with all teh connections i have to help make next 311 the best and rarest songs played ever...

im gonna make a big list of songs we all want to hear and send it to him later on....so keep em comming
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace

CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

get him to release the dvd so all us poor fans can see the show damnit
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
royal311king

Post by royal311king »

CollapsingVisionary wrote:get him to release the dvd so all us poor fans can see the show damnit
he said, its gonna surface at some point

*edit* and he said they are concentrating on the rest of this tour,..the SUMMER tour, and then they are gonna worry about the dvd

dude i am tryin...the bass/drum tech told me im all over the dvd...so i want that shit to be released as much if not more then you....but i will keep everyone updated....

he still likes to keep surprises though
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace

JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

TripleA wrote:leaving babylon, tune in, old and space funk, guns are for pussies, the continuous life, firewater, loco, and Hostile Apostle

forgot about salsa 8)
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

SA's Parents

Post by Nate »

I met sa's dad and mom on beale street and after the show, they are really cool and appreciative of fans.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Down South
The fish who keeps on swimming

Post by Down South »

TripleA wrote:
TripleA wrote:leaving babylon, tune in, old and space funk, guns are for pussies, the continuous life, firewater, loco, and Hostile Apostle

forgot about salsa 8)
Somebody had a beach ball that had "SALSA" written on it. It actually made its way on stage, but Tim kicked it off. I think that's a clever way to get your song request to the band...but the damn security keeps spiking it back into the crowd.
Offbeat_Dumb_Ass
Massive Laminate Fortress

Post by Offbeat_Dumb_Ass »

Yo gunther, I saw you in the pit, but I was in the seats on Tim's side. And I totally saw you at World of Wheels back in Jan, but by the time I realized it was you, I never saw you again. But definetely a bad ass show for sure! My picks for songs I would have loved to have heard: The Continuous Life, Color (which the sound checked, not sure why they didn't play it), DLMD, Firewater, Guns, How Do You Feel?, I'll Be Here Awhile, Loco, Next, Salsa, Still Dreaming, Time is Precious and Wake Your Mind Up.
royal311king

Post by royal311king »

Offbeat_Dumb_Ass wrote:Yo gunther, I saw you in the pit, but I was in the seats on Tim's side. And I totally saw you at World of Wheels back in Jan, but by the time I realized it was you, I never saw you again. But definetely a bad ass show for sure! My picks for songs I would have loved to have heard: The Continuous Life, Color (which the sound checked, not sure why they didn't play it), DLMD, Firewater, Guns, How Do You Feel?, I'll Be Here Awhile, Loco, Next, Salsa, Still Dreaming, Time is Precious and Wake Your Mind Up.
damn, who are you? well come fuckin talk to me, ya i was hard to miss at the show, i was fuckin jammin like no other there....i didnt see one person who was grooving as hard as i was, and i was fuckin sweating like a bitch!

do you have a myspace??

and for the salsa thing...i told sa about 5 times to play salsa, and the next time they came to chcago they played it and i have it all on video too
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace

royal311king

Re: SA's Parents

Post by royal311king »

ConfitivePosident wrote:I met sa's dad and mom on beale street and after the show, they are really cool and appreciative of fans.
was his dad really fuckin quiet, casue i met him twice and he hasnt really said a word to me adn i talked to his mom twice for like 30 mintues both times...check this

i told her...i said tell sa that he changed gunthers life, and shes like "damn ill tell him but besides that ill never forget my son changed gunthers life."

haha

fuck ya she fuckin rocks so much

his sister got me onstage at the des moines show....in dec 05, so she still is my hero
Last edited by royal311king on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace

Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Sparticus »

Offbeat_Dumb_Ass wrote:Yo gunther, I saw you in the pit, but I was in the seats on Tim's side. And I totally saw you at World of Wheels back in Jan, but by the time I realized it was you, I never saw you again. But definetely a bad ass show for sure! My picks for songs I would have loved to have heard: The Continuous Life, Color (which the sound checked, not sure why they didn't play it), DLMD, Firewater, Guns, How Do You Feel?, I'll Be Here Awhile, Loco, Next, Salsa, Still Dreaming, Time is Precious and Wake Your Mind Up.
heh my group was also in the seats on tims side. We were all on the bottom 2 rows pretty much right next to the stage. We had some pretty kickass seats. If anyone saw the bunch of dudes hanging out on the steps in chairs at the north entrance that was the Springfield crew.
royal311king

Post by royal311king »

Sparticus wrote:
heh my group was also in the seats on tims side. We were all on the bottom 2 rows pretty much right next to the stage. We had some pretty kickass seats. If anyone saw the bunch of dudes hanging out on the steps in chairs at the north entrance that was the Springfield crew.
did you guys have no shirts on, cause if so i totally saw you and was like hey look at those dudes...fuck ya
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace

royal311king

Post by royal311king »

Down South wrote:
TripleA wrote:

forgot about salsa 8)
Somebody had a beach ball that had "SALSA" written on it. It actually made its way on stage, but Tim kicked it off. I think that's a clever way to get your song request to the band...but the damn security keeps spiking it back into the crowd.
i saw that ball it was yellow right? i didnt know it said salsa
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace

royal311king

Post by royal311king »

heres the list so far, lets face it they arnt play old or space funk

-Time is Precious
-Stealing Happy Hours
-Guns
-cutm
-Firewater
-Little Brother
-Blizza
-Evolution
-Leaving Babylon
-Tune in
-Loco
-Hostile Apostle
-The Continuous Life
-Color
-DLMD
-How Do You Feel?
-I'll Be Here Awhile
-Loco
-Next
-Salsa
-Still Dreaming
-Wake Your Mind Up

now imagine that setlist.,...i would be happy just to see them play that many songs at 311 day fuck
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace

JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

They won't play Old/Space funk but they will play Blizza? psh :roll:
royal311king

Post by royal311king »

TripleA wrote:They won't play Old/Space funk but they will play Blizza? psh :roll:
ya i didnt really catch that....didnt even see i put it there...i thought before i cut and pasted tehm all taht space and old funk and blizza wouldnt be played....shit i havent slept but 10 hours since thurs/fridays night sleep sorry

okay blizza is kicked off that list
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace