the sound

fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

the sound

Post by fatlip »

anyone else notice the sound was phenominal?

i dont know if it was the soundsystem itself or a better mix job.. everything was dead on.

chad's snare was a bit loud, but that might also be because of the slapback
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Offbeat_Dumb_Ass
Massive Laminate Fortress

Post by Offbeat_Dumb_Ass »

Yeah, I noticed that too. Really crisp and clean, and Nick and SA's voices didn't sound high like they usually do live. And I could hear SA's turntables quite well too. Really great show!
juanbond7
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by juanbond7 »

The sound amazed me alot! It was soo loud when they first came on but then I got used to it, but yeah, it was awesome!
Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Sparticus »

How about the start to the second set? I was outside getting water and it sounded fucking incredible, shit was vibrating(coulda been the shrooms).
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

Sparticus wrote:How about the start to the second set? I was outside getting water and it sounded fucking incredible, shit was vibrating(coulda been the shrooms).
me too, fucking assholes in frunt of me in line kept asking the bitch working the stand some dumb ass questions.
So its come to this?
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

except for the fact that you couldnt hear pnut at all... yeah the sound was great.
Rock for Light
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:except for the fact that you couldnt hear pnut at all... yeah the sound was great.
During This Too Shall Pass this was especially noticeable. I couldn't really hear a whole lot from either of the basses. That was very disappointing. It better be fixed up for whatever release it is that they're doing.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

yeah man. it took a lot out of the show. you cant have a show where you cant hear pnut. it was so sad. to see him up there giving it his all and thinking everyone can hear him.

the life was sucked out of the first two sets. when the whole place should have been going off dancing and getting funky, everyone was standing there staring, and then clapping when the song was over.

you didnt notice on the heavier stuff because it was big and loud and the bass drum fille out the sound.. but on all the funky shit, and the reggae shit, it was all drums and guitar.. and even on one song i remember it was all drums and vocals for a while.

the sound guys must have had inner ear monitors or something because they were ignoring the mix that came out of the speakers.
Rock for Light
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

i agree with ray that the bass was faint. i'd say the higher end of the bass was faint. the lower end was there though. i also thought the crashes(or maybe it was the high hat) was over powering as well.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

depends on where you were in the venue... everything sounded good right under the huge speakers that were above the stage... i was on the floor right under the speakers on tims side, the bass was fuckin kickin right there.

chads drums were the best sounding part of the whole show. i felt like i was getting struck by lightning when he'd hit those floor toms and i fucking loved it.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

If goat can hear it, I'm sure it will definetly be in that hi def audio
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

yeah, i am sure being up front made a lot of difference. you could probably hear it coming from the monitors and his amp too.

but from the sides and back it wasnt there. every once and a while you did hear a lower note..

but most of the low notes you hear in these videos is from the bass drum and toms.

but it should not even be an issue. you could not hear him. that is unforgiveable.
Rock for Light
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Hey man I heardyou sayin that in a couple of other threads, and that definately sucks. Do you think 311 knows about it?
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

pnut shall be informed most eloquently
Rock for Light
Nate
Taiyed Brodel