311 Review and early info release from Memphis

y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

311 Review and early info release from Memphis

Post by y2kprelude »

3 sets total. Played from 7pm - 12:15am'ish. All the songs you would have wanted to hear. And a special announcement.

This info was announced by Nick. They recorded the show in High Definition and in 5.1 Surround. So they are going to make another video.

Some of the songs you will hear about that were played.

Eons
Hive (opener)
Gap
Down South
This To Shall Pass
No Control
Use Of Time
Don't Dwell
Nutsymptom
I.L.S.
D.S.H.
Applied Science
Beautiful Dis.
Unity
Freak Out
Welcome
8:16
O.B.A.
A.M.U.
Down
W.G.T.H.
Tribute (Dedication)
Rub a Dub
Running
Sever
Freeze Time
Come Original
FLowing
Mindsping
Full Ride
Uncalm
Amber
Crack the Code
Other Side of Things
Sometime Jacks Rule...
Getting Through to Her
Speak Easy
Frolic Room

This is a list only from my memory as of right now.
Virginia Beach, VA
AIM: Skaholic
http://www.myspace.com/311hive
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

For those that couldn't be there. I have some pictures i'll post and i'm sure others will. Peace from Memphis.
Virginia Beach, VA
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

WOAH! i stayed at home listening to some 311 tunes all day, i live way too far from memphis, i dont even live in the US... thanks for this great news, im so happy theyre gonna make another video! and did you notice any bootleg recorders out there?
Image :evil5:
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I had a blast at the show...but only heard about 5 or 6 songs that I hadn't heard before, but that is ok because I had a lot of fun.

Was pissed when I Told Myself lost out to Don't Dwell. Also bummed when they didn't play Six because they played it during the sound check and they sounded awesome when they did it.
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

311Chik wrote:I had a blast at the show...but only heard about 5 or 6 songs that I hadn't heard before, but that is ok because I had a lot of fun.

Was pissed when I Told Myself lost out to Don't Dwell. Also bummed when they didn't play Six because they played it during the sound check and they sounded awesome when they did it.
I think i was hanging out in the same area as you were the whole day. At the West enterance. I was the guy launching water balloons over your head. Hope you got soaked on the "duds". Bitchin show. Peace
Virginia Beach, VA
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

nah me and 311chick were out at the south side entrance!! i was pissed when they didn't play it too
311electricity
Sike shazam we strike with the lightning

Post by 311electricity »

Uncalm was not played
From Chaos comes clarity...
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Pearce wrote:nah me and 311chick were out at the south side entrance!! i was pissed when they didn't play it too
FIRST ONES IN THE VENUE!!! :D

Found out something from the bb......COLOR WAS ON THE SETLIST!...as was Six and What Was I Thinking.....Wish they didn't play WGTH, Amber and Love Song and played those 3 instead....hell wish they played Color over those 3 songs.
juanbond7
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by juanbond7 »

Hey, 311chik what time did you get to the coliseum? Did you go to the North side when you first got there and asked if that was pnut's side? JW
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I got there at 10. Got dropped off in between the North and West entrance, but walked over to the South entrance because I figured out before going that was going to be P-Nut's side :D
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

Whoa, hold up. Nick didn't announce anything about making a DVD. I wouldn't get your hopes up on that, Joan said it was too big of a project to make a new DVD. They didn't have nearly as many cameras there as they did back in '04. As a matter of fact, I believe there was only one camera, the one panning over the crowd every once in a while.

I would assume that the camera was just getting some footage that can be added to ETSD 3, but not an all out 311 Day '06 DVD.

Nick only announced that the audio was being recorded in 5.1 surround sound. He didn't say anything about the video. I think the fair assumption is that a hi-def album is going to be released.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
prsand311
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Post by prsand311 »

wbrycew wrote:Whoa, hold up. Nick didn't announce anything about making a DVD. I wouldn't get your hopes up on that, Joan said it was too big of a project to make a new DVD. They didn't have nearly as many cameras there as they did back in '04. As a matter of fact, I believe there was only one camera, the one panning over the crowd every once in a while.

I would assume that the camera was just getting some footage that can be added to ETSD 3, but not an all out 311 Day '06 DVD.

Nick only announced that the audio was being recorded in 5.1 surround sound. He didn't say anything about the video. I think the fair assumption is that a hi-def album is going to be released.
There was definetly more than one camera. One over the crowd. 2 by the sound board. atleast one on each side of the stage. and probabbly a few up front too. What Nick did say is "You all are going to be on TV." I think its going to be like one of those HD on demand that you might get through your cable service provider. I dont think it will be a DVD but who knows.
TaiyedDreamland
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedDreamland »

Yep, Nick said it's going to be on tv. He didn't say it was going to be a dvd though. My guess was the same, that it'll be an on demand type thing. That was the most amazing trip of my life. The energy in the place, the music, it was awesome. I went down with 6 people, and for 3 of them, it was their first show. 2 of the 3 said it was a life changing experience. :)
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

I could see over everything, I saw two in the back, the one on the boom. there was one on p nuts side on a tripod, tims side the guy just held it...then in the frunt every so often that guy with the hand held on would run across. Then towards the end the guy on p nuts side took the camera off the tripod and started walking around to get some better shots. I would say that it was a pretty big production to not release a 311 day 06 DVD or at least a very large portion of the show.
So its come to this?
juanbond7

Post by juanbond7 »

Rap Weasel wrote:I could see over everything, I saw two in the back, the one on the boom. there was one on p nuts side on a tripod, tims side the guy just held it...then in the frunt every so often that guy with the hand held on would run across. Then towards the end the guy on p nuts side took the camera off the tripod and started walking around to get some better shots. I would say that it was a pretty big production to not release a 311 day 06 DVD or at least a very large portion of the show.
I would have to agree....too many cameras for them not to do anything with it. Joan lied!!!!
royal311king
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Post by royal311king »

311Chik wrote:I had a blast at the show...but only heard about 5 or 6 songs that I hadn't heard before, but that is ok because I had a lot of fun.

where you there for sound check? i wasnt but the hive managers roomate brought my camera in and i got a video of six during soundcheck
311 shows to date = 45

add me on myspace
http://www.myspace.com/gunther311420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"its all about the company we keep"
juanbond7

Post by juanbond7 »

royal311king wrote:

where you there for sound check? i wasnt but the hive managers roomate brought my camera in and i got a video of six during soundcheck
She probably heard it from outside, through the cracks of the door....at least that's how I heard six and no control and getting through to her...
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

royal311king wrote:

Myself and a group of people were inside for a few songs in the lobby area...and then they kicked us out and we held the doors open to listen to the rest because technically we weren't inside anymore haha.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

prsand311 wrote:
wbrycew wrote:Whoa, hold up. Nick didn't announce anything about making a DVD. I wouldn't get your hopes up on that, Joan said it was too big of a project to make a new DVD. They didn't have nearly as many cameras there as they did back in '04. As a matter of fact, I believe there was only one camera, the one panning over the crowd every once in a while.

There was definetly more than one camera. One over the crowd. 2 by the sound board. atleast one on each side of the stage. and probabbly a few up front too. What Nick did say is "You all are going to be on TV." I think its going to be like one of those HD on demand that you might get through your cable service provider. I dont think it will be a DVD but who knows.
I think that is what it is. I saw a Direct TV van around the backstage area while waiting before the show.
Down South
The fish who keeps on swimming

Post by Down South »

I was front and center on the floor and there were a shitload of camera men. To be taped in HD means that it will be on tv because dvds don't have HD capability yet. I hope they release it later or at least make a cd out of it. I want to give you more money, 311! Whatever you decide to do I will buy!!