311 Review and early info release from Memphis

Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

Down South wrote:I was front and center on the floor and there were a shitload of camera men. To be taped in HD means that it will be on tv because dvds don't have HD capability yet. I hope they release it later or at least make a cd out of it. I want to give you more money, 311! Whatever you decide to do I will buy!!
HD DVD players just came out/true HD coming out soon
So its come to this?
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

311electricity wrote:Uncalm was not played
y2kprelude wrote: This is a list only from my memory as of right now.
Virginia Beach, VA
AIM: Skaholic
http://www.myspace.com/311hive
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

wbrycew wrote:Whoa, hold up. Nick didn't announce anything about making a DVD. I wouldn't get your hopes up on that, Joan said it was too big of a project to make a new DVD. They didn't have nearly as many cameras there as they did back in '04. As a matter of fact, I believe there was only one camera, the one panning over the crowd every once in a while.

I would assume that the camera was just getting some footage that can be added to ETSD 3, but not an all out 311 Day '06 DVD.

Nick only announced that the audio was being recorded in 5.1 surround sound. He didn't say anything about the video. I think the fair assumption is that a hi-def album is going to be released.
You must be blind man, there were about 4 Cameras and why else would you record the whole show in High Definition and 5.1 surround if you were only going to put it on an ESTD video?
Virginia Beach, VA
marleyman311
Everything I'm sayin' you can dismiss

Post by marleyman311 »

heres what the deal is. when i was waiting on line for a wristband i noticed that the guy going around with the camera had an "HDnet" shirt on....this got me thinking. HDnet is a channel you can get throught directv or cable service when you have a HD capable tv and hd service on your sattelite dish. HDnet always shows concerts, they always look amazing, like you are right there because of course, them being filmed in HD. i think every month they feature a new concert, a few months ago it was U2 and another time it was velvet revolver. so all i can think of is that 311 worked out some type of deal to show it on tv, because HDnet is a tv station and dont put out dvds. im sure that someone could rip it from tv and make a dvd out of it though....and hopefully they wont cut anyhting out....nick mentioned that his friends from HDnet were there filming it in HD and 5.1 surround, so im sure it will turn out cool as shit....hope this clears it up for you guys
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

nick said to the crowd "it's gonna be on TV!"
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

y2kprelude wrote:You must be blind man, there were about 4 Cameras and why else would you record the whole show in High Definition and 5.1 surround if you were only going to put it on an ESTD video?
Oh yeah, I'm an idiot. I remember the cameramen on stage now, I forgot about them. Regardless, everyone's jumping to conclusions about the video footage being released. Nothing was announced. Joan said a DVD won't happen.

Nick saying "you're on tv!" is a stupid 'funny' type thing people say whenever there's a camera aimed at them. Doesn't neccessarily mean that it's literally going to be on tv, although I understand that it COULD mean that.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

wbrycew wrote:Nick saying "you're on tv!" is a stupid 'funny' type thing people say whenever there's a camera aimed at them. Doesn't neccessarily mean that it's literally going to be on tv, although I understand that it COULD mean that.
wrong! nick said, "IT'S GONNA BE ON TV" was very very very clear. i remember it.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
marleyman311
Everything I'm sayin' you can dismiss

Post by marleyman311 »

did u not read what i wrote up there?

i dont understand, i thought i made it pretty clear that it will be on HDnet..i dont know how i can make this easier for you to understand

no there will not be a dvd
yes it will be on tv, on HDnet, those lucky enough to have High Definition tvs and whatnot will be able to enjoy it
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

etsd etsd etsd etsd...not estd...come on!
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

DAmn! that means i wont be able to watch it in legal way... so how much do you think its gonna take (time) for the show to be on tv? a year, end of the year? after all the post-production?
Image :evil5:
kdub
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

Post by kdub »

i remember readin through the official boards and Joan said she would ask the band about a possible DVD, maybe even push for one, i cant remember where she said it since the search feature there sux balls, so dont get your hopes up, but you can always wait, hope, and see what happens in the next few months
3/14/04, 9/10/05, 9/3/06, 7/4/07, 7/5/07, 7/14/07
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

kdub wrote:i remember readin through the official boards and Joan said she would ask the band about a possible DVD, maybe even push for one, i cant remember where she said it since the search feature there sux balls, so dont get your hopes up, but you can always wait, hope, and see what happens in the next few months
She reported there wouldn't a DVD. So far she's been right. Unless it's a cover to be unleashed later this spring. They do like surprizing us alot .
Virginia Beach, VA
kdub
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

Post by kdub »

i kno she said b4 311 day that there would be no dvd....but then afterwards she made a different post, lemme go see if i cant find that sum of a bitch
3/14/04, 9/10/05, 9/3/06, 7/4/07, 7/5/07, 7/14/07
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

I remember Nick said on Loveline that Waiting was going to be the next single and that proved not to be true. Hopefully this will be the same type of situation. Maybe they aren't even certain what to do yet.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"