Do you think it would be worth...

strongallalong
Part clock and part man
Location: Right on that fine line between Genius and Insanity

Do you think it would be worth...

Post by strongallalong »

taking my car without a license, leaving without telling my parents, driving down to Memphis overnight to make it to the venue and buy a ticket from a scalper in the parking lot.

My life back home would be totally screwed, but a majority of myself is telling me that it is completely worth it.

I've never done anything before to cause my parents not to trust me, this would be the first major crazy ass thing I've done, but something tells me it's worth it.

The only thing is, if I get pulled over at any point for anything, I don't have a license. I'm screwed. But if I make it, the reward could be the most glorious day of my life.

So is the risk worth the payoff?

Before answering, consider this - sometimes it is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

And yes, I'm honestly 100% thinking about doing this.
ride the jont piece...
MariaA
Taiyed Brodel

Post by MariaA »

oh geeze, i want to say yes and just leave, but i dont know thats a tough one...Ok so if you do leave and dont tell your parents at least leave a note so they dont flip out and get scared, and the whole no license thing you need to set cruise control the entire time and be realllly careful driving...If you know that your parents will eventully get over it and forgive you, you should go...its going to be incredable....wait how old are you though?
strongallalong
Part clock and part man

Post by strongallalong »

I'm 17 in April, I've been driving for over a year, the driving isn't the problem except for the fact that if there are lame ass coppers around I'll go to court or something. If that happened, my parents would be more pissed about that than the fact that I left home.

I would definitely call my parents either when I got there or on the way down, because I wouldn't want them thinking I just went missing, and them being pissed off would be totally worth it. I hate to sound like a dick by saying that, but if I explained to them how serious this was maybe I could at least lessen the anger they would have :lol:

So Friday night I get some mad energy drinks and a 12 pack of mountain dew and sip on them all the way down to Memphis. When I get into town, I pull into some motel parking lot and nap in the back seat, even though I won't be tired. I'll have to sip on caffeine all day just so I don't crash during the show, but I can crash when I get home and have the most tired and shitty week ever after and the show will still be worth it.

I just wonder if I have the balls to do it. But what's the worst that could happen? I figured as you guys being as big of 311 fans as I am you would understand the crisis.

edit: Plus, it would make a hell of a story to tell the grandkids someday 8)
ride the jont piece...
MariaA
Taiyed Brodel

Post by MariaA »

damnnn so your only 16, thats some ballsy shit, I dont think Id be able to pull it off, thats just cause Im a wimp and I wouldnt want my parents to be mad at me lol. But on the other hand it is going to be an amazing experience, how long would your drive be? Im sure your parents would get over it, id just plan on being grounded for a little bit lol but whatever you went to 311 day its all good...anywho I think I might of just confussed you more lol so my last thought is you should do it!!!! Just be REALLLLY careful driving! and that is a kick ass story for the grandkids for reallll
JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

strongallalong wrote:I would definitely call my parents either when I got there or on the way down, because I wouldn't want them thinking I just went missing, and them being pissed off would be totally worth it.
bad idea....the last thing you want is your mother driving to memphis and getting nick to stop in the middle of inner light spectrum and be like "STRONGALLALONG, YOUR MOTHER IS WAITING FOR YOU OUTSIDE. STRONGALLALONG"

whatever your name is :lol: Anyways, if you can avoid getting pulled over for the whole license thing, then it is totally worth it. Your parents will get over it eventually...especially since you said its the first crazy thing you have ever done.

If it makes you feel any better, i got some guy that I didn't know to drive me from Northern VA to North Carolina to see a Sublime show. I believe i was like 10 years old and this was back in 96. It just happened to be one of the, if not, last shows brad was able to perform before he died.

I ended up calling my mom and telling her that I was in North Carolina and not sleeping over at my friend mikes house. She sent my dad to pick me up, things were ugly between me and the fam for a few weeks, and then they forgot about it.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

It really isn't worth it. Just go to the next 311 day in two years.
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

where you from dude??? you might be on the way
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

do it. seriously, being a minor is invincibilty. I've been charged with attempted vehicular manslaughter, menacing, theft, 3 underages, 50 counts of vandalism, and all other sorts of shit when i was 16 and 17 and didn't get a damn thing. Especially if this is your first offense you are set. This is a great chance and yes a great story to tell. If you pull this off it will be epic and if you don't atleast you tried because 311 is worth it.

edit: don't forget that you if get caught in another state, you will have to be arrained there and all that bullshit.
Last edited by Nate on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Rich
Along the way to close my eyes

Post by Rich »

well man, if you do it, you have balls
strongallalong
Part clock and part man

Post by strongallalong »

Well I wouldn't feel as shaky about it if I could do something like drive to someone's house in MD DC VA or something and then get a ride with them. It's just the driving I'm worried about, getting pulled over by a cop in tennessee, and then being fucked over.

sooooo, if anyone out there in the area is willing to take another along in account for some gas money or something, I'd be willing to pay more than my share 8)

If that doesn't work out, it will come down to how big my balls are on Friday night.
ride the jont piece...
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

the worst that could happen...you would get a ticket..If you have the money for gas a car and money for a ticket do it. If you have warrents and shit dont do it.
So its come to this?
311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

im with you man

just fuckin

taking money out of the bank

and buying plane tickets and hotel

and praying id get a ticket

its sick that i havent given up hope yet ;/

----
but i would fuck myself hardcore with my job, my parents, and school.
:evil5: :smurfin: er.
KyleRayner wrote:bad things in moderation are very very good
strongallalong
Part clock and part man

Post by strongallalong »

311Baybee wrote: but i would fuck myself hardcore with my job, my parents, and school.
But how much damage could one weekend do away from That? How much can school suffer if you leave friday night and get back on Sunday? How much could work really suffer? At least for me, neither of these would be impacted too much. I'd miss a day of work, and I feel like dropping out of school anyways. And even though I won't drop out, the extra work to make up what I missed would be well worth it.

I'm not sure of your parental situation in all this, but me and my parents don't really have a relationship, other than the fact that they for the most part trust that I'm not stupid. They don't know anything about my life, or what's going on in it, or my feelings. Maybe when they get pissed at me for pulling off the stunt if I open up to them about why I felt I needed to do it they would understand and at least not kill me, they would just stay pissed for a while.

Weighing the options, it really sounds like it is worth it. For the thrill, the risk, the fun, the AMAZING SHOW, and having what would be the best day of my life, all to risk maybe a fine and some delay of a driver's license and parents that are bitter for the summertime. It really seems worth it.

Like I said before, sometimes it is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
ride the jont piece...
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

yea i wouldn't worry too much abotu the law...if your concerned at all about being in yoru parents dog house this is gonna piss them off royally. also if you get caught before the show your gonna be fucked. cause you'll get in trouble and you won't get to see the show.
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

[ben stiller] DO IT [/ben stiller]
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

strongallalong wrote:
311Baybee wrote: but i would fuck myself hardcore with my job, my parents, and school.
But how much damage could one weekend do away from That? How much can school suffer if you leave friday night and get back on Sunday? How much could work really suffer? At least for me, neither of these would be impacted too much. I'd miss a day of work, and I feel like dropping out of school anyways. And even though I won't drop out, the extra work to make up what I missed would be well worth it.

I'm not sure of your parental situation in all this, but me and my parents don't really have a relationship, other than the fact that they for the most part trust that I'm not stupid. They don't know anything about my life, or what's going on in it, or my feelings. Maybe when they get pissed at me for pulling off the stunt if I open up to them about why I felt I needed to do it they would understand and at least not kill me, they would just stay pissed for a while.

Weighing the options, it really sounds like it is worth it. For the thrill, the risk, the fun, the AMAZING SHOW, and having what would be the best day of my life, all to risk maybe a fine and some delay of a driver's license and parents that are bitter for the summertime. It really seems worth it.

Like I said before, sometimes it is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

well, my parents would probably take away my car, and i would be in more punishment and shit than i could handle.

most likely, i could loose my job.

in regards to school, i am supposed to host an event on 3/10 at night, if i skipped out on that, i could not only incur problems with school officials but within my sorority

;/
:evil5: :smurfin: er.
KyleRayner wrote:bad things in moderation are very very good
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

dude if you can get a plane ticket...do it...dont' drive...you can get in a lot of shit for stealin your parents car.

instantmessage me on aim when you see this. i might have somethin for you
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

Doesn't sound worth it to me. I recommend you don't do it. Driving all the way, not getting much sleep, completely running your energy out at the show, and then trying to drive all the way back? Not very safe. So I guess when you ask what's the worst that could happen, it's that you don't make it back.

Did you already try to convince your parents to LET you go?
MariaA
Taiyed Brodel

Post by MariaA »

DO IT!!!!!!!
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Will your dad beat your ass when you get back?