Road Trip question

wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Road Trip question

Post by wbrycew »

Ok, maybe I'm a little paranoid...

Kind of an odd question, but does anybody know if you're allowed to have a "weapon" in the passenger seat? I'm talking just like a baseball bat. I'm driving to Memphis alone, and of course it most likely wouldn't be necessary, but who knows where I might end up or what could happen during this 20 hr drive. I'm just trying to plan for all possible situations. I don't want this trip to go wrong in any way.

I mean, like, if I get pulled over by a cop, will I be in trouble for having something like that in the passenger seat? I wouldn't think so, right? Baseball players must drive around with bats all the time.

Somebody relieve my paranoia with an anecdote, please!
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

yeah, that's totally fine, you can have it wherever you want, but knives and guns are a totally different story. Say you play baseball just case, you know?
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Down South
The fish who keeps on swimming

Post by Down South »

Actually, I've heard that baseball bats are considered weapons when in the car. I thought it was totally bogus, but I'm not making it up. Having it in the front also makes it seem suspicious.....

Be careful!
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Put it in the back leaning toward your seat, that way it doesn't seem like a weapon haha....also may want to attach a baseball mit to it :D
Down South
The fish who keeps on swimming

Post by Down South »

311Chik wrote:Put it in the back leaning toward your seat, that way it doesn't seem like a weapon haha....also may want to attach a baseball mit to it :D
yes. having the glove with it is a VERY good idea.
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

yes it is a weapon.

i'd buy and asp if i were you and keep it under the seat.
if your going the weapons route.
Chris
Yes I still remember you

Post by Chris »

Ron Mexico wrote:yes it is a weapon.

i'd buy and asp if i were you and keep it under the seat.
if your going the weapons route.
hahaha, you gotta a problem fuckers? Yea, well...SNAKE!
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

you're not driving through iran.
Rock for Light
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

no doubt, a bit paranoid if you ask me, if it's in plain site, it wont get you in trouble it's concealing it that'll get you in trouble.
Chris
Yes I still remember you

Post by Chris »

In all seriousness, you definately have to be smart if your thinking about using a weapon in a fight, because if you use it and dont put them out of commision, then they have a license to fuck you up bigtime. As long as you stay on the highways and dont go into the ass-raping, Deliverance towns along the way you should be allright without a bat.
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

sirhC wrote:In all seriousness, you definately have to be smart if your thinking about using a weapon in a fight, because if you use it and dont put them out of commision, then they have a license to fuck you up bigtime. As long as you stay on the highways and dont go into the ass-raping, Deliverance towns along the way you should be allright without a bat.
Yeah, I'll just be sticking to highways. The situation I was planning for mainly is if my car breaks down and I end up in some freaky little garage in a little town. I'd be catching some chainsaw massacre vibes.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
Chris
Yes I still remember you

Post by Chris »

If anything, put some Jesus fish, pro-life stickers, and Bush is #1 on your car and youll be treated like family 8)
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Just tell the cop you play baseball - he wouldnt take you to jail for that, but by no means say "its for my protection" because then it does start to look like a weapon. Hell, you could keep the bat in your trunk and throw a few baseballs and maybe a glove, a hat to make it look like you play baseball - but you pobably wouldnt have a problem with a baseball bat - just keep it in the trunk. I keep a glock 17 in my truck and I have a concealed pistol permit that is a reciprocal for about 20 states - most of them in the south/southeast and mid west region - so I can pretty much take it where ever I want. But I wouldnt be paranoid over a baseball bat - unless it has jagged-homemade spikes sticking out of the end, then you should be fine...
Scopesx311
The soul that you have is electricity

Post by Scopesx311 »

or.... you can get a pocket knife and keep it in your glove comparment or your center console... as long as the blade is no longer than the palm of your hand or 3 inches... your fine... but the baseball bat would be way more fun to strike somebody with
We're always searching for whats wrong...

Just dont drop that shit!!!

Goodbye Fried Rice... HELLO FRIED CHICKEN!!!
MariaA
Taiyed Brodel

Post by MariaA »

you'll be straight with the bat, I wouldnt worry, just dont leave it out like your ready to strike someone with it =) OR just dont get pulled over and you wont have any problems at all :wink:
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

anyone else planning on a lil mississippi > arkansas > tennesee trip?

figure you can hit em all in about 30 minutes.
Rock for Light
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

this is how i roll...