Solo to 311 day?

311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Solo to 311 day?

Post by 311Chik »

Any one here probably going solo? My friend is being a douche because I can't leave a day early like she can, so I am probably going to end up at the show on my own unless I can find someone else to go with. :?
Freezetime311
You make up ridiculous words

Post by Freezetime311 »

Me, probably! If I can make it!
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

I will likely be going by myself...that means 2 of my last 3 311 concerts I have gone by myself :cry: .....No really it doesnt bother me though.
So its come to this?
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

dude i live in stillwater OK...i'm from dallas...i gotta convince my parents to even let me go cuz it's kinda interfiering w/ school...and they don't want me goin alone.
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

Anyone else actually enjoy kindof being alone at the 311 concert. I enjoyed it alot in Houston, Rap was the only person i knew that was around me there and i didnt even know it. Yesenia was in the pit so she wasnt around me alot.
the only thing true, we gotta love each other. try to keep a positive vibe.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
we can overcome the wrongs while we're reachin' the point.
stick together all forever. now continue to flow
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I have been able to convince my mom for the last and this 311 day to pay for the trip for me. First one was a graduation/birthday present. Missed 3 days of school. This year it's a "good job getting good grades in college and not dropping out like your friends" trip and birthday present haha. She comes with me to where ever it is, pays for it, I spend one day with her, the rest of the time I am on my own (or with whoever comes with me) and she does her own thing. Sucks my friend is being such a douche because my mom was going to be nice and pay for my friends share of the hotel(and my mom saved up to be able to stay in a wicked nice one). When convincing your parents just say you will be leaving on Friday (after classes if you can) and come back Sunday, no interference with school :) You won't be alone if you meet up with people :D I think all of us going alone should meet up so we aren't alone anymore haha.
strongallalong
Part clock and part man
Location: Right on that fine line between Genius and Insanity

Post by strongallalong »

Going to concerts alone is mad tight. Even the few times I have gone with people, somewhere in the mess we lose each other anyways. Going alone is normally what is required of me anyways because no one I know is a true 311 fan. They think 30 bucks is way too much to see any band, and they would ruin my concert experience by bitching the whole time anyways. So, if by some miracle I am allowed to go to 311 day, which I doubt, it will be alone.
ride the jont piece...
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

i usually go solo to all my concerts no matter what band, i went to 5 311 shows by myself before i took my friend, who is a huge 311 fan, to his first shows back to back in 2 nights. i enjoy being alone, you don't feel weird dancing and singing to the music when you are around strangers, but in front of your friends it's just weird and different.

so if you see me dancing and singing at 311 day, keep your distance. it could get messy.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

I sware to god I feel the same way...when I thought it was going to be in NOLA I told my LSU friends to be prepared to make fun of my stupid ass because I am like a 12 year old girl at a back street boys concert when I see 311!
So its come to this?
Spookie Apperitions
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Spookie Apperitions »

Rap Weasel wrote: I am like a 12 year old girl at a back street boys concert when I see 311!
haha.....im in the same boat man..
I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

Spookie Apperitions wrote:
Rap Weasel wrote: I am like a 12 year old girl at a back street boys concert when I see 311!
haha.....im in the same boat man..
me 3 brosephs
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

I am probably going alone too. I have one friend who's a big fan but he might not go because of money. I'm pretty broke too, but I will make sure I have money for this.

I've been to one concert alone before, and it was 311 on the fall tour. I had a great time, like goat said I don't feel self-conscious about dancing or anything. But surely at 311 day I won't be self-conscious, because

1) Everyone there is an insane fan
2) Alcohol
chuckmo
Love in my blood, sonic in the vortex

Post by chuckmo »

going alone has its good and bad points...

+going alone allows you to do whatever without "ditching" someone
+going alone leaves you open to stay s long as you want afterwards

-going alone (to a normal 311 concert) means you gotta find other fans who know the music. otherwise you're stuck with a bunch of people there to see (mostly) crappy openers :roll:
-going alone means you gotta be able to drive home afterwards
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Awwww do some of you little kids need a chaperone? Tell your parents I can drive, but make sure you all dont let it interfere with your schoolwork. Did you finish ALL of your homework? Just kidding going alone can be beneficial at times, because if I go with friends that means i get way too drunk and hardly remember the show.. And that sux.. I saw Pearl jam in April of 2003 at Oak Mountain, in Birmingham, AL. I drank a few tall boys and some whiskey before the show,and once they opened the doors I started drinking , drank about 15 or 16 of the 16OZ miller lite's - all on an empty stomach, I do not remember ONE FUCKING THING from that show. I was pissed the next day... I dont remember seeing any other band members, or hearing any of their music... It sucked a big one - It was an amphitheater, and I DO remember falling over the seats in front of me quite a few times, I guess that explains the bumps and bruises the next day... I Hit the concrete a few times that night, but your drunk so it doesnt hurt as bad....
drummer311
You're a power spot rotating

Post by drummer311 »

i danced in front of my friends, and after awhile they started dancing and screaming too, at one point i was throwing my hands in the air, and i hit some girl in the face, i felt like a big douch :tongue2:
Think of all the good times
instead of wish we could times.......

I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

I was at the 311 show in Birmingham - during the evolver tour, and this kid was standing a little too close to the mosh pit. People were slam dancing in a big circle and this kid had his full beer in his hand, and some one slammed into him and smashed up against him, and the beer covered him and went everywhere and all he could do is give the dude dirty look. He couldnt say shit, he was standing next to a mosh pit with a full beer.... What did he think would have happened it was a matter of time before he lost his beer...
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

drummer311 wrote:i danced in front of my friends, and after awhile they started dancing and screaming too, at one point i was throwing my hands in the air, and i hit some girl in the face, i felt like a big douch :tongue2:
That sucks. And i hate it when you around a group of people (on the floor) that dont move. I mean im jumpin and dancing like afuckin maniac pretty much by myself. Not that i care but thats when you end up smaking people like that.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

:evil5:
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

yeah bro I know exactly what you mean - during fuck the bullshit at that very same show in birmigham in 2003 i was in the middle of the auditorium and people were just standing there like they were at an art exibit. I was going crazy because the sweetness of the music was runnin in my veins and it happens everytime I see them live it just sucks to look around and see the dorks standing around - but its ok I also hit them - they are at a concert either get with it or get the fuck out of my way!
Rich
Along the way to close my eyes

Post by Rich »

ive taken my dad to two shows and he enjoyed them. hes been a drummer all of his life and he thinks chad is awesome. im takin my big sis with me to 311 day tho.
Homebrew311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Homebrew311 »

In the wise words of S.A.: " What? Don't have a companion to go to the concert with? No problem, walk up to any 5 strangers at the show and say, "where ya been all my life?" And hold out your arms when you say it. Oh, but your telling me your "friends" think you're crazy because you still listen to the band you first heard in middle school AND still follow them around?? Well you....you....umm.....just tell 'em to bug off! But you gotta say it LOUD loud, with your lip kinda snarled, one tooth blackened out with sharpie and some sort of patch over your eye. And then like shake your head when you say it. Trust me. It works."[/quote]