Imagining the Tenth Dimension (Sayzak you might enjoy this!)

A place to say what you want.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Imagining the Tenth Dimension (Sayzak you might enjoy this!)

Post by Jordan311 »

Sayzak and all you other crazy theoretical philosopher types on here might enjoy this. :D

http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php

Here's some crazy ass theoretical shit for ya. I guess it's like.... astro-physics....? :?: :shock:
I watched it all and felt like my head was gonna 'asplode. I'd have to watch it a few more times in order to really understand it.

It's basically explaining how you would imagine the possibility of 10 dimensions in our universe (and alternate universes).
"In string theory, physicists tell us that the subatomic particles that make up our universe are created within ten spatial dimensions (plus an eleventh dimension of "time") by the vibrations of exquisitely small "superstrings". The average person has barely gotten used to the idea of there being four dimensions: how can we possibly imagine the tenth?"
(Hold your mouse over the Navigation Menu on the left side and click 'Imagining the Ten Dimensions' to watch the whole thing.

So yeah...

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Here's a small basic summary of what string theory is all about.
(I stole this from my friend's live journal) :P
"the idea behind SuperStrings is that matter in the universe isn't made up of particles, like previously thought, but rather of strings. These strings vibrate (like guitar strings) to produce the illusion of matter. I say the "illusion" because, according to String Theory, matter can be at any single place at one time. It's all probability. Our consciousness is what solidifies matter into recognizable shapes. When we look at something our minds are just filling in the gaps between the vibrations of these strings... like our minds fill in pictures between animation frames. When we aren't looking at something though, matter is just a mess of probability"

Later
ImageImage
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

:sad5: i'm going to cry now.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

alright. ... it makes sense .. the 3rd 6th and 9th demensions fold back onto the demnsions that preceed them and the following demnsions are points and the demnsion following the point is the distance travled between the two points and that demnsion.

so that settles it.

but. if the TENTH demension is a POINT .. then it MUST have a "demension" or "plane" to be a point on or in. ... SO the tenth demension is or is in the first demention and it is all a loop as shown in the 5th demension ... OR .. it is NOT the first demension and there are in fact an INFINITE amount of dementions which would merely be a point in the SEVENTH demension.
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I don't seem so "out there" now do I? :P :twisted: :lol: :shock: 8)

Fuck I can't stop watching it. I wish the animation was a little better since I'm so visual, but my mind is already buzzing. It's creepy imagining what existance would look like if you only experienced it in 2-d. Being unable to move or see past a single point of view. Everything just seems to molt and flow, appearing and dissapearing. Then look ahead at "duration". Because we have such high attention spans, we have our foot through the 4th dimension. We can remember 5 years ago vividly. We imagine what we want and we do what it takes to get it. Most animals and other living creatures on earth are stuck on the "moment". So they're primative 3-d dwellers.

Imagine what advanced creatures or life forms out there are capable of experiencing... if they have mastered the 6th dimension they could never fuck something up. They could look into the future of a reality they aren't even experiencing and learn from that. Like looking at your twin, in an identical house, with the same life, but in the future not the present. You could base everything you do or don't do off the trials and errors of that person and never get your hands dirty.

But what fun is that, right? It's so much more fun to dwell in the dimension that you understand. To ignore your neighbor and make all your own mistakes.

Fuck my brain just died. I'm going to have some twisted dreams. Thanks Jordan!
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Caring about this stuff must make some people feel cooler.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

Drums wrote:Caring about this stuff must make some people feel cooler.
You're jealous.
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

yea, string theorys cool.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

not nearly as cool as string cheese.
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Although I'm not nearly as into it as Sayzak is, it is fun to think about philosophical shit like this every now and then.

Later
ImageImage
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

what an OLD! theory
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

CollapsingVisionary wrote:what an OLD! theory
You're an old theory.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Well remember that this is just like an easy guide, there are things about this theory that are still under debate, like the idea of more or less dimensions existing, there is a theory with 26 of them i think.
Image :evil5:
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

Okay, AFTER the tenth demension wouldn't things just start up again? ... like there would HAVE to be more demensions after it it .. because just like the third demension has space between it known as time known has the fourth demension .. the TENTH demension would ALSO have to travel through time meaning that skipping the next two there would HAVE to be at LEAST a 13th dememsion ... and then afterward the pattern would just continue. when the tenth demension finally patterns it'sself all the way up to the 19th demension the pattern would start again. except the 19th demension would be the 10th demension plus all the possible 16th demensions (mirroring the 7th on a larger scale) .... .. See? it'd just go on and on forever.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

No, because the tenth dimension might be just a concept for the superstrings, a measure of some kind, remember that this idea is not just to go on, the tenth dimension is required for the calculations of the universes and the superstrings contained in there, the movements of them and the creations of new universes
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Anyway, i started going further into M-theory and i found out there are 11 dimensions. That thing we saw on the flash is like a theoretical philosophy content of the dimensions, even though the extra dimensions really are space that we can't see and it's part of our reality, that's what makes us prisoners of this universe and reality, and makes gravity flee to other universes and dimensions...
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

Dude, that was so confusing but so interesting. I think i may get that book just to confuse myself more. Nice Site.
Virginia Beach, VA
AIM: Skaholic
http://www.myspace.com/311hive
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

No, you dont want to play with that book, its just pure theoretical philosophy. It might even be BS. You want to watch "The elegant Universe", Ill leave you the torrent and subs here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MYR97B92
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Imagining the Tenth Dimension (Sayzak you might enjoy this!)

Post by mystoneybaby »

It is six years later. Someone tell me how many dimensions we have now.