Good Books?

A place to say what you want.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Good Books?

Post by Drums »

I was gonna post this a little while ago and Jordans topic reminded me to do it.

What are some good books/ Authors to look into?

I'm reading the Da Vinci Code and I think that book is awesome. Little more than halfway done.

Just picked up Alphabet of Manliness, gonna read that one next.

I can never find books because before I never gave enough of a shit to actually look for one, and a lot of books just dont interest me. I like Da Vinci Code a lot because I'm learning so much shit in addition to a good story.

Shit that I think I would like is books like Davinci code where you learn fact as well as enjoy a fictional story. Also any extraterrestrial shit. OR if you just want to recommend some good stuff, go for it!

Thanks.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

:evil5:
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

Go Dog Go

Hop On Pop

and that confusing one about the fox in a box with socks.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
311_4_unity
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

Post by 311_4_unity »

i can recommend a bunch of books, but none that really involve conspiracy theory stuff like DaVinci Code. but if you want a really fun and good read, check out anything by Elmore Leonard. he writes a lot of crime fiction and westerns, but i don't really like reading westerns. some good movies have been made out of his crime books though, "Jackie Brown" but the book's called Rum Punch, "Out of Sight", and "Get Shorty" to name a few. Books by him I recommend are any of the ones mentioned above or Killshot, Maximum Bob, or Glitz for ones that haven't been made into movies. I gotta think about who and what else because he's all I've been reading lately.
"To Mean People, I Say Choke On It, Gagging All The Way. May You Remember The Texture For Days"
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

if you are reading da vinci code, stop...and get the picture addition, it includes all the paintings and artifacts and what not that are being talked about, and trust me, it makes the reading ALOT better

good books to me

harry potter series, some may say its kiddy and shit, give it a chance the story will hook you in

da vinci code
angels and demons
(dan brown)

old man and the sea
the sun also rises
(hemingway)

halo: the fall of reach (eric nylund)
halo: the flood (cant remember)
halo: first strike (eric nylund)
based off of hte halo story, it is hte prequal, the events of the game in ALOT more detail, and the sequal, not halo2 though the events between halo1 and halo2, this series has a very very interesting storyline and plot and is a very good read, if you like science fiction or military novels, pick any one of these up (my favorate is the fall of reach, first strike in a close second and then the flood)
Last edited by $lmjimy311 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:evil5: TB>BB
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

schmuck response: 'Catcher in the Rye, I totally identified with Holden Caulfield.'
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

FUCK HARRY POTTER
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Element wrote:FUCK HARRY POTTER
fuck you
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

slmjimy311 wrote:
Element wrote:FUCK HARRY POTTER
fuck you

Later
ImageImage
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

my cousin reads them. he's 9.
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

my brother reads them, hes 23...

i think its lame tho, this was more of a point against my brother than for jimmy.
TaiyedDreamland
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedDreamland »

I really like Dean Koontz. One of my favorite books by him was The Taking. Also, By The Light Of The Moon was pretty cool. He's technically a suspense novelist, but some of his books have a more science fiction twist to them. They're nto cheesy though, very well written. Also, Robin Cook I think is pretty cool. I recently read a really awesome book that takes place in the future. It's called The House of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. Here's a link to the amazon website which has a description: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/068985 ... e&n=283155
It's basically a story about human cloning. There's a drug empire set up along the border of the US and Mexico, which is the setting of the story. It's incredibly well written and has won a few rewards. I'm recommend, before anything else though, The Taking. It's incredible.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

You like Harry Potter you like Harry potter, big deal. I read the first book way back when it first came out before people even knew about it. But I stopped reading them at the 4th book. The 4th movie was awesome though.

Ill have to write some of this shit down.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Element wrote:my cousin reads them. he's 9.
i started reading them when i was in the 5th grade, and i wanna wish the fucking story...go jerk off to some radio head

(album com lag, song climbing up the wall (featuring sneaker pimps))
NOW MOTHA FUCKA
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

CollapsingVisionary wrote:my brother reads them, hes 23...

i think its lame tho, this was more of a point against my brother than for jimmy.
see if i ever help your punk ass out again
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

TaiyedDreamland wrote:I really like Dean Koontz. One of my favorite books by him was The Taking. Also, By The Light Of The Moon was pretty cool. He's technically a suspense novelist, but some of his books have a more science fiction twist to them. They're nto cheesy though, very well written. Also, Robin Cook I think is pretty cool. I recently read a really awesome book that takes place in the future. It's called The House of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. Here's a link to the amazon website which has a description: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/068985 ... e&n=283155
It's basically a story about human cloning. There's a drug empire set up along the border of the US and Mexico, which is the setting of the story. It's incredibly well written and has won a few rewards. I'm recommend, before anything else though, The Taking. It's incredible.
yeah man, Dean Koontz is the shit, one of the best books ever is "From the Corner Of His Eye". I just read another one called "Dragon Tears" that got pretty good towards the end. My favorites besides those 2 by him are "By the Light of the Moon" "One Door Away From Heaven" "Intensity" and "The Taking"

oh and HARRY POTTER KICKS FUCKING ASS!! nuff said
"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends"
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

Rule of the Bone by Russell Banks
wrjones311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wrjones311 »

My favorite books are the Ender's series. Ender's game, then speaker for the dead, then xenocide which im reading now. It's futuristic exraterrestrial type stuff too. I also used to like harry potter but stopped a few years ago after the
4th one.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

im pretty sure lord of the rings are the best books if you're into that sort of thing.

i've read the bloody things like 20 times

oh, and my favorite book is the sea wolf by jack london
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

Dean Koontz is the way to go if you're into novels.

But if you want your mind's perception of reality to twist like a pretzel read "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

well, lord of the rings is great and all, BUT, if you like htat kind of thing but would like a grander approach, a more indepth world(not in the world itself, just as far as amount of characters and depth and length) then read:

ROBERT JORDAN! THE EYE OF THE WORLD

thats the first one, at first youll be like wtf mate this is a ripoff, but it isnt, just kinda a similar beginning type setup, and from there, shit gets goin
I Want to Believe :evil5: