The Art of Being Gay; another Why thread?

A place to say what you want.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Re: The Art of Being Gay; another Why thread?

Post by Shiny »

Yeah I think it was some overarching "what is identity even" bullshit. But yeah general confusion at the time over how I knew him for a long time as a gay man and then all of a sudden he started seeming more (what I thought of at the time as) "stereotypical". But it's an easy answer - he started hanging out with more gay people and embracing the lifestyle. So it wasn't even a question and this was a dumb thread to make. Again I was probably high and eating cheez-its and overthinking
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Re: The Art of Being Gay; another Why thread?

Post by Jordan311 »

Shiny wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:35 pm Yeah I think it was some overarching "what is identity even" bullshit. But yeah general confusion at the time over how I knew him for a long time as a gay man and then all of a sudden he started seeming more (what I thought of at the time as) "stereotypical". But it's an easy answer - he started hanging out with more gay people and embracing the lifestyle. So it wasn't even a question and this was a dumb thread to make. Again I was probably high and eating cheez-its and overthinking

yeah fair call. overall, I think there was obviously way less visibility into the lives of homosexuality as there is today with all the acceptance and pride festivals and recognition, etc, so it's not really a mystery at all anymore and just seems so obvious nowadays. So much changed in 10 years.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5: