Being gay a disorder?

Post by pnutwannabe »

According to the Pentagon it is:

Source

:evil5:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Well, it was considered a mental disorder in the DSM until recent revisions. Its understandable that they'd put it that way, since in general a mental disorder is any state of mind that strays from what is normal. The axis that contains mental retardation and personality disorders are there because they either last a lifetime or are difficult to treat. But the DSM changed it obviously since its growing in acceptance as just a normal way of life.

So I guess I can see why they'd consider it this way, since under the broad definition of a mental disorder, it fits (not every mental disorder is like schizophrenia or depression). But the Pentagon just needs to update their shit and get with the times, since its an accepted state of mind now.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

I also believe being Gay is a mental disorder.
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

thats ridiculously.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Where the fuck've you been?
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Being gay is now being accepted, but I have a friend who is gay, and fighting it. He said he has always been gay and he looks at it as a disorder and fights it on a daily basis.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i just read that article today too, how gay is that
:evil5: TB>BB
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

slmjimy311 wrote:i just read that article today too, how gay is that
hahaha
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

TaiyedBorders wrote:Being gay is now being accepted, but I have a friend who is gay, and fighting it. He said he has always been gay and he looks at it as a disorder and fights it on a daily basis.
I think Gay people should be accepted into our society. Just like Africans were accepted into the American society. Granted it took time, but its accepted.

May I ask how does he fight the disorder?
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Alex wrote:
TaiyedBorders wrote:Being gay is now being accepted, but I have a friend who is gay, and fighting it. He said he has always been gay and he looks at it as a disorder and fights it on a daily basis.
I think Gay people should be accepted into our society. Just like Africans were accepted into the American society. Granted it took time, but its accepted.

:lol:
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

I said something dumb right?
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

No, I thought your post had some element of humor in it. I mean with the Gay capitalized and all. I loled.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Oh alright, yeah why did I captilize gay anyway...
poolio
Taiyed Brodel

Post by poolio »

It's the new black. 8) lol
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

Shiny wrote:Where the fuck've you been?
on vacation away from taiyedbrodels, but i'm back now. 8)
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Alex wrote:

He dates women instead. He is Bi sexual not gay, I forgot to add... He usually stays away from gay people, gay bars, he admits it's wrong, and just avoids situations where he might meet another gay person - its easy to do in my town, the ass pirates are not that many...
DynamicJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DynamicJ »

poolio wrote:It's the new black. 8) lol
oh geez.... that could get ugly. :shock:

gays being the new blacks... does that mean that the gays are going to be the blacks of the 50's, getting beat up and shit in public places? or the blacks of 2006 ridin dirty on some 24's?

because either way, I think we could do without :roll:
Elmt...Image
DynamicJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DynamicJ »

TaiyedBorders wrote:
Alex wrote:

He dates women instead. He is Bi sexual not gay, I forgot to add... He usually stays away from gay people, gay bars, he admits it's wrong, and just avoids situations where he might meet another gay person - its easy to do in my town, the ass pirates are not that many...
where from? Atlanta?

I just don't get that.... it's one thing for a girl to be bi, but what guy is all into chicks, and then a lightbulb goes off and he's like "I'm going to kiss this dude!" retarded.
Elmt...Image
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

<----Alabama. He has always been into women. Since Birth. But he also Liked men. For a long time he dated men, and did alot more than kiss them. THen he got sick of it, got really religious, and tried to turn it around, and has been that way lately...
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

DynamicJ wrote:
poolio wrote:It's the new black. 8) lol
oh geez.... that could get ugly. :shock:

gays being the new blacks... does that mean that the gays are going to be the blacks of the 50's, getting beat up and shit in public places? or the blacks of 2006 ridin dirty on some 24's?

because either way, I think we could do without :roll:
stfu