X-men 3 = meh...

A place to say what you want.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

X-men 3 = meh...

Post by Jordan311 »

Just came back from the midnight show.
I was pretty dissapointed.
It dragged on and on and on until something FINALLY happened at the end in the last 10 minutes of the movie. And even that wasn't all that great.
The rest was a total fuckin' borefest.
There were way too many characters in the movie for them to be able to provide decent support for, and in the end it just ended up that I didn't give a shit about any of the characters because none of them were very well developed.
And overall it was too cheesy for my tastes. Yes, I know it's a comic book movie and it's supposed to be cheesy, but on the other hand it seems like they were trying to be all serious too, and then the styles just clashed.

And that whole "I'm the juggernaut bitch!" thing?
Did they seriously just add that in there because of that whole internet-fad video? Or does that line have more history that I don't know about? I cannot believe they would add that line in just for fanservice for that silly internet fad.

And what the fuck was up with that stupid ass porcupine guy? That had to have been the worst mutant power ever conceived.

The action that it had was pretty cool, but it needed a lot more of it. And they needed some more fuckin' sentinels! And more screen time for colossus and archangel. And for the love of god they should not have left out gambit and/or jubilee!

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

Me too, I feel the same.
So its come to this?
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

haha also I said the same thing about Gambit on the way home.
So its come to this?
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

I think the Clerks 2 trailer sums up that whole quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhu_qDdGSNU

And that movie needs Gambit for it to be good. Who makes X-Men movies without Gambit, that's retarded.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?

that movie was fucking AMAZING

did you stay after the credit roll?

jubilee was in the credits.. i didnt notice her in the movie at all

one of the best parts was the opening scene when Stan Lee was watering his garden lol

not to mention those were some of the most stunningly smooth visual effects i've ever seen in my life. usually theres something about every movie that makes the effects look kinda computerized.. the only time that happened in this movie was when the smoke/dirt was rising.. other than that? flawless.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

IGN rated the top 20 or something X-men, Gambit wasnt even in it. Gambit is the best X-men there is. His background is more realistic.
the only thing true, we gotta love each other. try to keep a positive vibe.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
we can overcome the wrongs while we're reachin' the point.
stick together all forever. now continue to flow
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

fatlip wrote:ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?

one of the best parts was the opening scene when Stan Lee was watering his garden lol

not to mention those were some of the most stunningly smooth visual effects i've ever seen in my life. usually theres something about every movie that makes the effects look kinda computerized.. the only time that happened in this movie was when the smoke/dirt was rising.. other than that? flawless.
Yeah, I stayed after the credits.

And the visual effects weren't that realistic. I mean, it looked like complete shit every time Phoenix made somone dissolve/burn/whatever it was. Not to mention how Wolverine's pants are magically immune to her powers :lol:
I'll admit the part where Magneto busts Mystique out of the caravan was pretty cool, tho.

Later
ImageImage
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

i'm going to see it right now. i shall review when i get back.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

We'll be waiting with anticipation!

Later
ImageImage
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Jordan311 wrote:We'll be waiting with anticipation!

Later
i love biting sarcasm

Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Jordan311 wrote:We'll be waiting with anticipation!

Later
lmao
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Awwww come on I was just trying to be nice!
:P

Later
ImageImage
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

i didn't like the second one too much, way too long. although the story line was awesome. finally get to see beast and colossus for more than a minute on screen. i'll still enjoy it. singer is retarded for leaving this series to direct superman, THAT looks awful.
Let's put a smile on that face
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Yeah superman looks like a pile of shit.

Later
ImageImage
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

CR-R-R_R_R__R_R_RAP!
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Jordan311 wrote:Yeah superman looks like a pile of shit.

Later
I hope so, I always hated Superman. Been a Batman fan forever. Superman sucks
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

what part of the movie dragged for you jordan? i thought it was pretty good. no doubt they're gonna make another one, they can't stop a series with so huge of a fanbase. the acting was better than the first one, the action was better than the second, storyline was iffy, they took the focus of the villian back to magneto instead of making it another person. the addition of beast fucking kicked ass, kelsey grammar did an awesome job of playing beast. i guess with jean "dead" storm became the leader of the group, i dunno i never really like halley berry's acting ability. cyclops was always a whiny bitch in the movies, the writers did a crappy job with him. when i first heard that juggernaut was going to be in it, i thought it would suck bringing such a huge character from the comics and making him the size of a regular person, but vinnie jones did an awesome job bringing some humor to him. i was kinda bummed there was no colossus vs. juggernaut, but whatever.

it was cool to see a sentinel...for ten whole seconds! i agree with you there jordan, more sentinels.

overall i'd give it a B-, it was better than the second one, and the first. ratner did a pretty good job of taking over the reigns from singer.
Let's put a smile on that face
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

fatlip wrote:ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?

Huh? The movie blew. Are you joking here? :?:

I said the exact same thing Jordan said when I was driving home. Too many characters, no time to develop any of them. They try to please everybody by showing a bunch of different characters, rather than making a solid movie focusing on two or three characters.

I understand that it's cool to see your favorite x-men characters in a movie (I was a big fan as a kid too). But I have a hard time even calling this a movie.

Summer blockbuster junk intended for morons.

The comic relief really made me want to get up and walk out, and I would've if I didn't have people to drive home.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

And also: The Snakes on a Plane trailer was better than the whole X-Men movie.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i dont mind the lack of development due to the fact that i know theres going to be more movies coming out to continue on the story.. plus knowing a bit about the comicbook background a lot of things that would normally piss me off (like the lack of explaination of the dark phoenix thing) helps out.

the dialog was pretty weak.. most of the comicbook movies are (except sin city) .. but its not supposed to be overly realistic.. its a comic book. wolverine got on my bad side with his cheezy-ass lines though i must say.. out of the entire movie.. his dialog disappointed me the most
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10: