computer question...

A place to say what you want.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

computer question...

Post by GOAT »

i figured some of you know a bunch about computers and you may be able to help me. anyway... i can't get my computer to recognize my digital camera... i've got all the drivers and everything and with xp it should be automatic anyway... when i used to plug it in the usb port it would come up and work, now it does nothing. though i know the usb ports work fine because they still recognize my printer and scanner. and i know it's not the cord because i've tried different ones... same thing happens when i plug the psp into my computer. nothing comes up. if anybody could help me i would really appreciate it.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

uninstall whatever drivers you installed.. dont use the given drivers.. regular XP windows drivers should take care of media loading.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

fatlip wrote:uninstall whatever drivers you installed.. dont use the given drivers.. regular XP windows drivers should take care of media loading.
i didn't install any drivers... all i did the first time i used the camera was plug it into the usb port and it recognized it as a usb mass storage device and the pictures were in there.

ATLantaStylee
We go on like it ain't no thing

Post by ATLantaStylee »

Have you recently plugged in any other devices that are similar to 'mass storage device' like a usb drive or anything that would have taken the camera's drive letter?
Bobby, You be quiet out there.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

do the drives/items show up in My Computer or nothing at all?
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

nothing at all

fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i assume you've already rebooted several times?
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

yeah... i think it's the drive letter assignment thing the other guy was talking about... cuz my drive letters are all fucked up... my c drive is my extra drive and the one with windows on it is f drive and my cd burner and dvd drives are d and e and i think when i used to plug it in it would be drive f

ATLantaStylee

Post by ATLantaStylee »

GOATBURGE wrote:yeah... i think it's the drive letter assignment thing the other guy was talking about... cuz my drive letters are all fucked up... my c drive is my extra drive and the one with windows on it is f drive and my cd burner and dvd drives are d and e and i think when i used to plug it in it would be drive f
OK. First, plug the camera in once more and see if your computer makes a beep noise like as if it is recognizing it, but just can't assign it a letter. Also look for the little box with a green arrow on it in the bottom right hand corner of your screen. If neither of these things happen, it may be something else.
But.......
If you really think that this is the problem, and you recall the camera showing up as F:>, then go to control panel > administrative tools > computer management > then the disk management part under storage. Here you can right-click on the F drive and change the drive letter to something else (I always use Z or Y, because nothing else will ever try to use that). Try that then plug in your camera and see if it shows up.
ATLantaStylee

Post by ATLantaStylee »

fatlip wrote:i assume you've already rebooted several times?
The 7 most said words EVER by me.(I'm a computer support/phone monkey)
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

Ron Mexico wrote:system restore nucca. go back to when it was working. if that is fucked up i would just say fuck it and reinstall windows.
yeah i want to do that but i don't have a big enough drive to save all my music :cry:

i'll try the drive letter thing, if not looks like my sis is gonna be sending me my xp disk :?

ATLantaStylee

Post by ATLantaStylee »

Ron Mexico wrote:system restore nucca. go back to when it was working. if that is fucked up i would just say fuck it and reinstall windows.
That works too. But if it has been turned off or there are no restore dates far back enough try the stuff above.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

fuck it wont change the letter, cuz it's the one my windows is installed on!

mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATLantaStylee

Post by ATLantaStylee »

GOATBURGE wrote:fuck it wont change the letter, cuz it's the one my windows is installed on!
Try changing some of the other ones to something else. Maybe the camera was originally set to E? It's hard to diagnose over a message board. Wish there was something else I could do for you. :?
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

ATLantaStylee wrote:
GOATBURGE wrote:fuck it wont change the letter, cuz it's the one my windows is installed on!
Try changing some of the other ones to something else. Maybe the camera was originally set to E? It's hard to diagnose over a message board. Wish there was something else I could do for you. :?
fly to texas and fix that shit nigga!

strongallalong
Part clock and part man
Location: Right on that fine line between Genius and Insanity

Post by strongallalong »

My old digital camera, when I would plug it in, It wouldn't show up at first. I had to disconnect it, take it out of the USB slot, re-insert it into the USB and then re-insert into the camera. Also, make sure the cable is ALL THE WAY IN the camera. Sounds obvious, but you would never guess how many people tell me their cables aren't working and it's simply just not in far enough. When you think it is in all the way, push it farther. And please don't come back with a "Yea that's what she said".

Also, maybe I just missed this somewhere, did you say what kind of camera you have or the software you are using on the computer?
ride the jont piece...
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

make sure the cable is even still good!
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

fatlip wrote:make sure the cable is even still good!
the cable is good, because it works on yesenia's computer... i need to reinstall windows anyway, so i'm just gonna do it that way. it should work then.