So I'm probably gonna give in and get an ipod... =/

A place to say what you want.
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Ron Mexico wrote:so when you have an ipod it's like walking on egg shells. thats retarded. what happened to durablity as a quailty that a good product should have?

i have an iriver and it's only 512 mb, but it's light, it can take a beating, and i have no problems loading my music on there. get this...i also bought rechargeable batteries. irivers are he shit.

http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/hd/[/list]
hahaha I saw one of those things on the display at Best Buy today and it looked like the biggest piece of crap ever :lol:

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Ron Mexico wrote:i guess looks can be deciving, but then again yoru the one with the ipod :(
Uhh... No. I didn't buy one.

Later
ImageImage
311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

i took a trip this weekend to visitmy best friend at college, and i sat next to this chick who had a discman. like, me chilling out with my ipod mini, versus being her, having a discman, and a WHOLE binder of CDs that she had to lug around. i probably had more music on my ipod than she had in that whole binder. ive dropped my ipod a half a dozen times or so and i havent ever had a problem with it.
:evil5: :smurfin: er.
KyleRayner wrote:bad things in moderation are very very good
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

my first mp3 player was 128 mb. I thought I was the shit.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

man i wish i could bring my ipod to basic training
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

311Baybee wrote:i took a trip this weekend to visitmy best friend at college, and i sat next to this chick who had a discman. like, me chilling out with my ipod mini, versus being her, having a discman, and a WHOLE binder of CDs that she had to lug around. i probably had more music on my ipod than she had in that whole binder. ive dropped my ipod a half a dozen times or so and i havent ever had a problem with it.
I HIGHLY doubt you could fit more on a mini than someone would have with a whole binder of CDs. Given it was a decent sized binder and not just like a 24 CD case. Especially considering the fact that to fit that much music on a mini you'd have to sacrifice some pretty major audio quality.

Later
ImageImage
311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

Jordan311 wrote:
311Baybee wrote:i took a trip this weekend to visitmy best friend at college, and i sat next to this chick who had a discman. like, me chilling out with my ipod mini, versus being her, having a discman, and a WHOLE binder of CDs that she had to lug around. i probably had more music on my ipod than she had in that whole binder. ive dropped my ipod a half a dozen times or so and i havent ever had a problem with it.
I HIGHLY doubt you could fit more on a mini than someone would have with a whole binder of CDs. Given it was a decent sized binder and not just like a 24 CD case. Especially considering the fact that to fit that much music on a mini you'd have to sacrifice some pretty major audio quality.

Later
figure that each cd has roughly 12 songs on it, give or take. id say she had like, 50 cds with her. thats like 600 songs. i have like 510 on my ipod. would you rather lug around a fuckin binder of cds or carry a small device that weighs less than a few ounces?

p.s.
my audio quality is suhweeeet!
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

if your mini was a regular ipod, it wouldn't even be a contest.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Yeah 50 CDs is practically nothing.

And Mini ipods are a joke. If anything, the 30 or 60 gig is the way to go.

People with mini ipods have them because they're trendy, hip, and come in pretty colors. Not out of necessity.

Later
ImageImage
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

Jordan311 wrote:And Mini ipods are a joke. If anything, the 30 or 60 gig is the way to go.

People with mini ipods have them because they're trendy, hip, and come in pretty colors. Not out of necessity.
I disagree. Some people just don't need as much room. I seriously considered getting a mini back when I wanted an ipod, but I realized the more space I could get the better. And I think I have a ton more music than most people. I can definitely see a mini being perfect for some people.
311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

um allright...

i really like my mini, and have no need for putting any more music on it than i already do. when am i going to sit and listen to more than 500 songs at a time? for me, it works. i enjoy it, and i really REALLY dont need more space than that! it holds more songs than i currently listen to! you're entitled to your own opinion, and i gave mine, i love my mini, its more convenient than lugging around cd's and a discman, and it's got the capacity that is right for me. for people who need larger storage, its there! they make them with different capabilities for a reason.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Station wrote:
Jordan311 wrote:And Mini ipods are a joke. If anything, the 30 or 60 gig is the way to go.

I disagree. Some people just don't need as much room. I seriously considered getting a mini back when I wanted an ipod, but I realized the more space I could get the better. And I think I have a ton more music than most people. I can definitely see a mini being perfect for some people.

I'm sorry. I should rephrase. "People with mini ipods that have a large music collection have them because they're trendy, hip, and come in pretty colors. Not out of necessity"

Later
ImageImage
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Re: So I'm probably gonna give in and get an ipod... =/

Post by Jordan311 »

holy fuck this makes me feel old. Also, pretty shocking the unanimous hatred for ipods in this thread

times they have changed

Later
ImageImage
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Re: So I'm probably gonna give in and get an ipod... =/

Post by Shiny »

I love how everyone is like

AW HELL NO MP3 PLAYERS ARE DUMB
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature