miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

sorry. though it was wishmaster :lol:
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Station wrote:
311Chik wrote:If a drug is known to be addicting and you still decide to try and continue then I don't have sympathy. Doing something you know you can OD on is pretty much commiting suicide to me. This is something I believe on my own. If you choose to do something than that is your choice, I won't sympathisize if you end up hurting/killing yourself for doing something dumb.
First part I agree with. You're accepting the consequences in most cases if you take a addictive substance. But taking something that you can OD on is like suicide? You can OD on almost anything. Take salt for instance. You can overdose on NaCl and that's something you eat recreationally! I have no sympathy for you 311Chik because you're always trying to commit suicide via salt ingestion! Shame!
You know what I was talking about. :roll:
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

slmjimy311 wrote:
311Chik wrote:
slmjimy311 wrote: not everyone was brad though...not everyone made such good music..not everyone made thousands of ppl happy with their music
His death is no more greater than my grandfathers or some kids puppy or someone elses brother or someones husband or someones friends friend. As long as someone touched someone else their death is just as important. Just because he was famous with his music doesn't make his death any greater than anyone else, in the end he was just a person.
well it seems that u and i are both too stubborn to look at each otheres story...my opinion will not change, and im guessing yours wont either..so i say we settlethis with a cake
Mmmmm cake! :D
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

sayzak wrote:
311Chik wrote:
slmjimy311 wrote:i dont sympathize his drug use..i sympathize his death..not how he died..but the fact that it happend

about your statement that if someone takes something they know they can od on u feel sympathy...the medication im on right now can kill me if i take it too much...do u feel no sympathy for me..all im doing is getting rid of the pain in my knee..im not commition suicide but with your point of view i am....i dont understand
That is a totally different situation. You are taking the medication for a medical reason, not for a recreational reason. If you continue taking them after for recreation then I wouldn't feel any sympathy if something were to happen.
Brad most likely would not have died if he did not do drugs. I say most likely because shit does happen. But he chose to do a drug(for recreation not medical) that is known to be addicting and people have been known to OD on it yet he still did it. I feel no sympathy for those who did something that can end their life when it is easily avoidable, and when they know the consequences. If I decided to inject herion into my body for fun because it made me feel good and I OD'd I wouldn't expect anyone to have any sympathy for me because I was dumb enough to do it.
Addicts need it. My dad is an addict. If he waits too long to take his "medication" he starts spazming. He can't walk. He whimpers like a child. Withdrawls from heroin (or morphine) are like every cell in your body being broken, making it impossible to even think straight. The only thing that can make them normal is killing the pain. It's a cycle that most people don't intend on getting into.

It's just like getting pregnent. Even if you have protected sex there's still a chance it could happen. The only sure way to avoid it is to not have sex. Well, have you ever taken tylenol?

I'm not raggin' on ya... it's just a different situation when you're close to an addict, ya know?

By the way, I wore my sublime shirt today and I had no clue what day it was. Crazy...
I know you aren't ragging. I have been around plenty of addicts(as I said earlier). I have seen some people who most would think could never quit some heavy shit do it, mostly because they really wanted to. But I have also seen people not try at all, and give up everything. I have a uncle who is heavy into drugs. My family told him when I was younger that they didn't want him in our lives anymore due to his addiction because they had tried to get him off drugs so many times. He was in a car accident from drugs where he needed full plastic surgery to his face because it was completely messed up. He didn't give up drugs at all. He has been arrested and in rehabs a shitload of times. I saw him for the first time since I was like 3 this past summer at my Grandfathers funeral. This uncle apologized to me a bunch of times for not being in my life blah blah. He said he wanted to be apart of my life more than anything. I told him he could if he would give up drugs because I can't deal with someone doing heavy shit........I haven't talked to him since. I know it is a tough cycle but it is one that is preventable. Just like getting pregnant, it is easily preventable. I have no sympathy for the kid who gets pregnant. My friend is 19 and just had a child, I have no sympathy for her even though she just screwed up her life. If you chose to have sex deal with the consequences. From sex you can get pregnant or an STD, but that is something you risk doing it.
I don't take tylenol, but I do take advil. However I know not to take an absurd amount for the hell of it. I don't take it unless my period cramps are so bad that I am puking from pain, and that is very very rarely.
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

311Chik wrote:
sayzak wrote:
311Chik wrote: That is a totally different situation. You are taking the medication for a medical reason, not for a recreational reason. If you continue taking them after for recreation then I wouldn't feel any sympathy if something were to happen.
Brad most likely would not have died if he did not do drugs. I say most likely because shit does happen. But he chose to do a drug(for recreation not medical) that is known to be addicting and people have been known to OD on it yet he still did it. I feel no sympathy for those who did something that can end their life when it is easily avoidable, and when they know the consequences. If I decided to inject herion into my body for fun because it made me feel good and I OD'd I wouldn't expect anyone to have any sympathy for me because I was dumb enough to do it.
Addicts need it. My dad is an addict. If he waits too long to take his "medication" he starts spazming. He can't walk. He whimpers like a child. Withdrawls from heroin (or morphine) are like every cell in your body being broken, making it impossible to even think straight. The only thing that can make them normal is killing the pain. It's a cycle that most people don't intend on getting into.

It's just like getting pregnent. Even if you have protected sex there's still a chance it could happen. The only sure way to avoid it is to not have sex. Well, have you ever taken tylenol?

I'm not raggin' on ya... it's just a different situation when you're close to an addict, ya know?

By the way, I wore my sublime shirt today and I had no clue what day it was. Crazy...
I know you aren't ragging. I have been around plenty of addicts(as I said earlier). I have seen some people who most would think could never quit some heavy shit do it, mostly because they really wanted to. But I have also seen people not try at all, and give up everything. I have a uncle who is heavy into drugs. My family told him when I was younger that they didn't want him in our lives anymore due to his addiction because they had tried to get him off drugs so many times. He was in a car accident from drugs where he needed full plastic surgery to his face because it was completely messed up. He didn't give up drugs at all. He has been arrested and in rehabs a shitload of times. I saw him for the first time since I was like 3 this past summer at my Grandfathers funeral. This uncle apologized to me a bunch of times for not being in my life blah blah. He said he wanted to be apart of my life more than anything. I told him he could if he would give up drugs because I can't deal with someone doing heavy shit........I haven't talked to him since. I know it is a tough cycle but it is one that is preventable. Just like getting pregnant, it is easily preventable. I have no sympathy for the kid who gets pregnant. My friend is 19 and just had a child, I have no sympathy for her even though she just screwed up her life. If you chose to have sex deal with the consequences. From sex you can get pregnant or an STD, but that is something you risk doing it.
I don't take tylenol, but I do take advil. However I know not to take an absurd amount for the hell of it. I don't take it unless my period cramps are so bad that I am puking from pain, and that is very very rarely.
Coming off of an addiction is very difficult. Probably (just guessing here) much more difficult than anything you've ever had to do. You're making the right choice for yourself by taking necessary steps to ensure that you never become addicted.

People don't start pain killers to spite someone. They don't become addicted to them to spite someone either.

Don't tell me you don't take it personally. I know you do. I used to as well. My dad used to proclaim that he'd do anything in the world for me. But he insists that stopping the pain killer would kill him. I know that he could slowly come off of it over months or even years. Eventually wind down. But he won't do it. Why not? I know he'd fight an army for me. I know he'd selflessly bitch slap any authority figure if they did me wrong.

My suggestion is don't take it personally until you've walked the walk to see where they're coming from. Love them regaurdless. Negative reenforcement doesn't work with addicts. Only encouragement. Or, in some cases, force.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I only took the people my freshman year personally, then I just stopped caring and being around addicts. People are actually surprised I didn't fall in with them and do drugs also because once one person in that group started it seemed like everyone did. With my uncle I really didn't believe him since I knew about the story of him still doing drugs even after completely fucking up his face, but I figured it was worth a try. You and I have had different experiences with addiction it seems. Your father is still alive and with you, where as my friends are either died or in jail. I still stand by that addiction is avoidable, and I never said coming of was easy. I keep saying I know it is tough. I know it isn't done out of spite, if someone starts an addiction out of spite they are an idiot. With me if you are an addict I want nothing to do with you because I won't care about you and it will just be a waste of time for both of us. If you die from your addiction that was avoidable I will not show any sympathy but if you choose to quit and are comitted to quitting then I will probably be there for you depending on who you are. If I fucked up in high school and couldn't get into college I would not expect any sympathy from anyone because it was my fault that I didn't try. If I had sex and got pregnant I would not expect any sympathy because I chose to have sex. If I slit my wrists I wouldn't expect sympathy from anyone because it was something that was avoidable yet I still chose to do it. Usually(not always) if there is something you can do to fuck up your life it is something you can easily avoid doing and if you chose to not avoid doing it then I will show no sympathy. Yeah it is cold but that is how I see it, ofcourse not everyone is going to agree with how I see it because not everyone has had the same shit happen to them.
Hostile_Apostle311
Listen to the DJ just rappin and things

Post by Hostile_Apostle311 »

DoYouRight311 wrote:its not that simple when someone is addicted to something they cant just say i am done with herion and never go back to doing drugs, most people end up needing help, unforunutaly society assailment marijuana and does't go after the real drugs that can kill like herion, crack, ect

i say RIP BRAD great musicain, if people dont have sympathy cause of their religion says its evil than i cant have sympathy for you either?

also RIP to all the soldiers dying in Iraq over a pointless war
Pointless war? Now, that is funny saying it's pointless.
"And sometimes I pray
waiting for some bright holiday.
So I bought myself a gun.
And I'm right back where i'm from."
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

Hostile_Apostle311 wrote:
DoYouRight311 wrote:its not that simple when someone is addicted to something they cant just say i am done with herion and never go back to doing drugs, most people end up needing help, unforunutaly society assailment marijuana and does't go after the real drugs that can kill like herion, crack, ect

i say RIP BRAD great musicain, if people dont have sympathy cause of their religion says its evil than i cant have sympathy for you either?

oh really i dont find it funny at all, we need to bring back our diplomacy, and go after the real killer Osama Bin Laden, the only thing good we've done these past years with bush in office was catch Saddam Hussein, and now the bush administration are passing ridiculous laws they think the only way democracy works is by pushing their ethic morals into the govement and religion, telling me my morals are wrong? :roll: enough is enough we cant take over the entire world you know, only the ones who threaten us by killing our people, wich the rest of world agreed on
Cerpin Taxt
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Cerpin Taxt »

In 1986 Frank Zappa is quoted saying how " under the Reagan administration, our government is heading closer and closer to a fascist theocracy." Well guess what, we're there and if he was alive Frank would have a lot of good things to say.
Who brought me here..............?
Forsaken depraved and wrought with fear

ImageImage
Hostile_Apostle311
Listen to the DJ just rappin and things

Post by Hostile_Apostle311 »

DoYouRight311 wrote:

oh really i dont find it funny at all, we need to bring back our diplomacy, and go after the real killer Osama Bin Laden, the only thing good we've done these past years with bush in office was catch Saddam Hussein, and now the bush administration are passing ridiculous laws they think the only way democracy works is by pushing their ethic morals into the govement and religion, telling me my morals are wrong? :roll: enough is enough we cant take over the entire world you know, only the ones who threaten us by killing our people, wich the rest of world agreed on
Ok, quite frankly i'm so tired of a lot of people bitching about bush. Not saying you're bitching or anything, but it just reminded me of all the pointless politics arguements on the heaven. Everyone saying how bush is a gaswhore and whatnot, but it's cool. I'm not going to argue my oppinion since it seems no one ever wins.
"And sometimes I pray
waiting for some bright holiday.
So I bought myself a gun.
And I'm right back where i'm from."
Cosmic Blur
All I really wanna is to feel nirvana

Post by Cosmic Blur »

miT_311 wrote:cosmic blur!!!!!!!!!!you're avatar is the guy from wishmaster right?
The new Pope Benedict XVI to Emperor Palpatine. 8)
The artist formerly known as Jimbone. New forum, new attitude.
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

DoYouRight311 wrote:
Hostile_Apostle311 wrote: Pointless war? Now, that is funny saying it's pointless.
Ok, quite frankly i'm so tired of a lot of people bitching about bush. Not saying you're bitching or anything, but it just reminded me of all the pointless politics arguements on the heaven. Everyone saying how bush is a gaswhore and whatnot, but it's cool. I'm not going to argue my oppinion since it seems no one ever wins.
i dont think politics are pointless people need to step up and get their opinion out their, so people/goverment can't control us like zombies wich is kind of where were at in this country, but your probably right whats the point of arguements if we wont agree