Religion (inspired by Christian Rock topic)

A place to say what you want.
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

it matisyahu was a christian you'd hate him too
Rock for Light
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Christians would never except Matisyahu into their world of music ray\

"motherfuckin jesus saved me from my fuckin sins ooooo i said jesus!!!"
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

Fuking people complain about Christianity too fuking much. shut up. Just because it's a major part of this world our culture these days thinks it so cool to dis it and be the rebel or be the free spirit that finds all the negatives in a religion and uses it against religious people. Yes there are radicals out there that push way to much, but there are also very loving people out there that spread positivity to the world just like 311 does/did(311 has been declining in recent years).
the only thing true, we gotta love each other. try to keep a positive vibe.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
we can overcome the wrongs while we're reachin' the point.
stick together all forever. now continue to flow
chuckmo
Love in my blood, sonic in the vortex

Post by chuckmo »

there is definitely some great christian music out there, then there's definitely some crappy stuff. I think you're mainly talking about the contemporary christian music. i never really liked alot of the contemporary stuff, but here's a list of my faves:

1. Jars of Clay (their first album only)
2. DC Talk (Greatest hits)
3. Pax217 of course (one of my top concerts.. they ended with the "all hell can't stop us now" chant from Guerilla Radio by RATM)
4. Supertones
5. Grits (not all christian rap sucks.. these guys get alot of playing time on BET)
6. Earthsuit
7. Mute Math (christian-based, but they never say "Jesus" or "God" or whatever)
8. POD (same^)
9. Switchfoot (select songs)

and then select worship songs. alot of christian worship is like modern, english versions of the matisyahu hebrew stuff he sings every now and then.
Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:Christians would never except Matisyahu into their world of music ray\
i'm christian and i love matisyahu. i also have been in churches where matisyahu has been played in the youth lounge and stuff. saying "Christians would never except Matisyahu" is like saying everyone in the middle-east is a terrorist.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

chuckmo wrote:there is definitely some great christian music out there, then there's definitely some crappy stuff. I think you're mainly talking about the contemporary christian music. i never really liked alot of the contemporary stuff, but here's a list of my faves:

3. Pax217 of course (one of my top concerts.. they ended with the "all hell can't stop us now" chant from Guerilla Radio by RATM)
4. Supertones
5. Grits (not all christian rap sucks.. these guys get alot of playing time on BET)
6. Earthsuit
8. POD (same^)

and then select worship songs. alot of christian worship is like modern, english versions of the matisyahu hebrew stuff he sings every now and then.
Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:Christians would never except Matisyahu into their world of music ray\
i'm christian and i love matisyahu. i also have been in churches where matisyahu has been played in the youth lounge and stuff. saying "Christians would never except Matisyahu" is like saying everyone in the middle-east is a terrorist.
idk bout that jabroney, music and coward warfare is 2 different things, i attend a religous school and i brought his music in for reflection and she hesitated to let me play since he is jewish. and christian youth groups are a cult, i feel for you to attend such activitys

and admit matisyahu would not be accepted easily, most figurehead christians are uptight and very conservative. if you dont hear the word jesus over and over or some backwords sublimianal messges telling you to give all your money to the church then they are not going to like matis very much

i know this through years of religous schooling
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Youth groups are a cult? Seeing as they advicse everybody of different backgrounds to join.

Of course you have to watc hout for people not the brain wash you, but I think those groups are in the minority.
:evil5:
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

the group leader is 33 and hes a virgin cuz the church told him not to have sex till hes married, everytime one of the people come over to my lucnh table to brainwash us i always say shit like last night i just snorted the longest rail ever and fucked 3 bitchs in 5 minutes
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:
chuckmo wrote:there is definitely some great christian music out there, then there's definitely some crappy stuff. I think you're mainly talking about the contemporary christian music. i never really liked alot of the contemporary stuff, but here's a list of my faves:

4. Supertones
6. Earthsuit
8. POD (same^)

idk bout that jabroney, music and coward warfare is 2 different things, i attend a religous school and i brought his music in for reflection and she hesitated to let me play since he is jewish. and christian youth groups are a cult, i feel for you to attend such activitys

and admit matisyahu would not be accepted easily, most figurehead christians are uptight and very conservative. if you dont hear the word jesus over and over or some backwords sublimianal messges telling you to giveall your money to the church then they are not going to like matis very much

i know this through years of religous schooling

Sam, you are wrong. Youthgroups are not for brainwashing, that's just ridiculous.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

yeah they are, younglife is a cult
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:yeah they are, younglife is a cult
:lol:
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

Young life became pretty popular with my friends. I like it because it is an easy way to show your friends what your church is about. I have alot of good memories from jr high going to church functions with my friends. The first time I played spin the bottle was at church camp :lol:
So its come to this?
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Rap Weasel wrote:Young life became pretty popular with my friends. I like it because it is an easy way to show your friends what your church is about. I have alot of good memories from jr high going to church functions with my friends. The first time I played spin the bottle was at church camp :lol:
well that isent very christian, you are for sure going to hell young man...unless you give the the church 500 dollers
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i sord of agree with sam (no offense to anyone), being a hindu in the south isnt plesent...you dont know how many times i got harassed by people for not being christian, at one point, my entire class (minus my other non christian friend) stopped talking to us after a religous debate...i got notes put in my locker with a bible verse followed by something like "follow the word of hte good lord or burn in hell, its your choice"...its died down now that everyone knows that im not gonna convert...but damn it was a pain
:evil5: TB>BB
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

slmjimy311 wrote:i sord of agree with sam (no offense to anyone), being a hindu in the south isnt plesent...you dont know how many times i got harassed by people for not being christian, at one point, my entire class (minus my other non christian friend) stopped talking to us after a religous debate...i got notes put in my locker with a bible verse followed by something like "follow the word of hte good lord or burn in hell, its your choice"...its died down now that everyone knows that im not gonna convert...but damn it was a pain
Why are you letting those un-christian like Christians ruin your view on a group of people as a whole. I currently know alot of great people that are Christian, but then again, I know alot of crazy Republican ones. In my opinion there are Christians, then crazy folk labeling themselves as Christians. To me, it's like that with every religion. I'm sure there is some Hindu folk like that too.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i wont deny that there are any, but i have yet to see any

i odnt let them ruin my whole view on things, i have friends that are normal christians, who are chill, they dont push their religion on me and they respect my own, those christians im totally down with, i just hate it when they do shit like that (referring to my post above)
:evil5: TB>BB
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

What is a hindu jimmy? I really have no idea.
So its come to this?
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

i bet not as many hindus if any, christians like things big and they are very demanding, look at history they slaughtered tons of muslims because they were not christian. George dont use the term "republican" when describing a religion, a politcal party and a religion ethics are very differnt.

jimmy i feel for you i go to a catholic school and im Agnostic i get that shit alot, just try and ignore it
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:i bet not as many hindus if any, christians like things big and they are very demanding, look at history they slaughtered tons of muslims because they were not christian. George dont use the term "republican" when describing a religion, a politcal party and a religion ethics are very differnt.

jimmy i feel for you i go to a catholic school and im Agnostic i get that shit alot, just try and ignore it
Yes, I am fully aware they are two different things, but I know many a republican who claim they are a republican because they are christian, which makes about no sense to me.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

dont mess around with jim
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

Jorge wrote:
Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:i bet not as many hindus if any, christians like things big and they are very demanding, look at history they slaughtered tons of muslims because they were not christian. George dont use the term "republican" when describing a religion, a politcal party and a religion ethics are very differnt.

Yes, I am fully aware they are two different things, but I know many a republican who claim they are a republican because they are christian, which makes about no sense to me.
Just like when people say that they believe in god, so that makes them a christian.
So its come to this?