wowzers

A place to say what you want.
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

Element wrote:wow, i'm better than you all.
and you just proved it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
Russdog
Still we're down like that

Post by Russdog »

I am a true stoner though it's not proven to "kill" brain cells it severely herts ur short term memory. However, they have done studies on lab rats and found that while taking marijuana the rats had little short term but after a few months of recovery their brain was working at normal capacity again.
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

Russdog wrote:I am a true stoner though it's not proven to "kill" brain cells it severely herts ur short term memory. However, they have done studies on lab rats and found that while taking marijuana the rats had little short term but after a few months of recovery their brain was working at normal capacity again.
would the study have turned out different if the rats were ripping milked bong hits everyday?
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wjf
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wjf »

John McClain wrote:
Russdog wrote:I am a true stoner though it's not proven to "kill" brain cells it severely herts ur short term memory. However, they have done studies on lab rats and found that while taking marijuana the rats had little short term but after a few months of recovery their brain was working at normal capacity again.
while that is true on the other side of that is anything "retained" or "learned" with in that time period is encoded or remembered poorly because of the state you are in. so normal working capacity maybe defeicent in those thing learned.
here is a good link to read...
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/ongoing/marijuana.html
the only thing i don't like is thier gateway drug argument...
that argument seems to fall under the association is causation fallacy...i don't think the numbers support thier claim of marijuana as a gatway drug. there maybe other factors that play a bigger role in the use of harder drugs, but what do i know i am just a research scientist ya know.
I think that marijuana is a drug that people do first try before they get into harder drugs. I had two friends that started off just smoking weed, then they got into hard shit like cocaine, Oxycontin and heroin. I agree to a certain extent that it is a gateway drug, but I'm sure that is only because it is probably the most widely available and easiest drug to get. Although, people with major psychological problems are the ones who go on to doing harder drugs. I'm sure that the majority of people that smoke weed don't go on to become crackheads or some strung out junkie. I think that habitual pot smokers don't like weed being labelled a gateway drug. I also think that it does lead some other people into harder drugs, but probably only because of their own individual character flaws, such as being highly susceptible to addiction. Other people don't give a fuck either way what it is labelled. I personally don't.

Also, some people that do hard drugs are probably born with the addiction, from drug addict parents. I don't think people just one day decide to try shooting up heroin before doing a less hardcore drug, unless they have drug addict parents.

Those are just my thoughts and they are not necessarily true.

Ravens 6-2
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wjf
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wjf »

I agree. 8)

Ravens 6-2
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

Did the study prove that the rats had no job dont go to school, but some how have a hot ass girl friend? I have seen a similar study on humans :lol:
So its come to this?
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

a friend of mine had to be part of a drug education course over the summer. the instructor (scottie) told him that education and treatment centers don't refer to marijuana as a gateway drug any longer, because of recent studies showing that the overwhelming majority of people who try pot, stay with pot.
wjf
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wjf »

scottie ladouche

Ravens 6-2
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

wjfskate wrote:scottie ladouche
how'd you know? :la:
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel