What foods/drinks did you used to hate but now you enjoy?

A place to say what you want.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

What foods/drinks did you used to hate but now you enjoy?

Post by Jordan311 »

so in the spirit of some of my old shitposts when I was like 18 about getting sour cream on my tacos, and hating avocado and tomatoes, etc I was wondering what other foods/drinks do you guys like now that you used to hate?

Aside from the ones mentioned for me (sour cream, avocado, tequila), I also love lamb now and used to not like it (lamb is hugely popular in Australia), most any beer I enjoy now one on level or another, whereas I used to be picky about beer (like wtf I said I hated Blue Moon? Blue moon is amazing). I used to be grossed out by raw sushi like Sashimi in particular, but now I love it. Used to hate asparagus, now I love it. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Still hate mushrooms and olives though.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Re: What foods/drinks did you used to hate but now you enjoy?

Post by bcolephases »

Alfredo sauce. Didn't touch it for years after vomiting it in 3rd grade. Same with mushrooms though. Still hate em. Except for the ones that grow on cow shit :lol:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

bcolephases wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:47 am Alfredo sauce. Didn't touch it for years after vomiting it in 3rd grade. Same with mushrooms though. Still hate em. Except for the ones that grow on cow shit :lol:
I feel that. I'm not huge on cream based sauces normally. Just way too rich for me.

Later
ImageImage
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Do you drink a lot of Foster's? It must be like the equivalent of budweiser here, I'd imagine.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

When I was younger the idea of breakfast sandwiches grossed me out - I was big on eating each bit of my meal separate, thought eating 2 different parts at once would be gross. Now I understand how the different flavours combined are actually delicious. I'm more for food made at home/from scratch.
ImageImage
ER
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Stuffing, used to gross me out, now I love it :)
ImageImage
ER
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

I used to hate avocados but I love guacamole now. I still can't stomach avocados on their own because of the texture. Lets see, mushrooms, horseradish, bourbon, cashews and almonds and just about all nuts. I used to hate all those.

Things I don't eat/drink anymore that I used to like. Milk, sweets, ramen noodles, fast food burgers, and vodka ugh I hate vodka. I gag when I think about vodka.

I fucking hate olives
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

bcolephases wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:17 am Do you drink a lot of Foster's? It must be like the equivalent of budweiser here, I'd imagine.

lol nah that's a total misconception. NOBODY drinks fosters and you won't find it at any bar really. Most australians hate fosters. it's more of a joke than anything.

Here's an article explaining why aussies don't like fosters anymore:
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Fosters-La ... n-for-Beer

Later
ImageImage