being single

A place to say what you want.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

being single

Post by GOAT »

I'm really enjoying being single, especially being 28 and single. I can play video games for days on end and not have to hear "why don't you spend time with me?". I can watch whatever the hell I want to watch and not the voice. It's pretty amazing. Sure it gets lonely sometimes, but at least my hand doesn't bitch at me.

Anybody else enjoying single life?
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Re: being single

Post by bcolephases »

Being single blows! And I don't have any hobbies to fill that void anymore.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Aint been single in over 15 years and can do all of the above mentioned limitations that goat mentioned and none of the restrictions. Whatever makes you happy
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

The trouble is finding a girl that's fine with all of the above. Glad you've got that Shane. One day I will, but until then I will enjoy my freedom.

mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

Being single is meh and yeh.

Couldn't care less about a boyfriend playing video games non stop. I'm an only child so I am very used to entertaining myself. Then only thing that would bother me is if the boyfriend was using video games (or whatever other vice) to avoid the responsibility of bettering one's own life.

Like, don't tell me you don't have time or money to take one class a semester when you are on the computer 6 hours a day, go out drinking every night or smoke five bowls after work. That's just called not even trying. I can't stand to see someone I like throw their future away because they aren't willing to step outside of the living-room.

The main point here is that I would not be compatible with a person who is not willing to expand their horizons. Being single is better than being with someone like that or someone who is the irritating opposite of that.

I also have an inherent dislike for the monogamous culture we have created, but I won't get into that.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
Mindspin
But needles never ever love

Post by Mindspin »

Before I was dating my now-wife, I enjoyed the single life. But sometimes I did feel lonely and fantasized about being in a meaningful relationship. Now that I have that, it's not always easy and I occasionally fantasize about the single life. The grass always seems greener on the other side. I don't give a damn about the monogamy culture - to each their own - the only monogamy that matters to me is mine and my wife's. I'm overall happier now then when I was single.

What has really hit home in recent years are the importance of my spiritual and political values. My wife does not think exactly the same way as me about everything, but we are not too far apart and our differing views are still completely compatible with each other. I can't even imagine there being anyone else in the world that is more perfect for me in those respects. I can be friends with people of various belief-systems, but I couldn't be married to them. I truly have the experience of feeling like my wife and I were meant to be.

But even more important that that is our child. There is nothing I enjoy more in life than being his daddy. Sure, you don't need to be married or monogamous to be a good father, but my son wouldn't exist without it. My wife and I are both very grateful for the blessing of being his parents. I never understood people saying stuff like that until it happened to me. Now I get it.
09/12/95, 09/15/95, 08/17/97, 11/26/99, 03/08/00, 06/09/00, 11/11/00, 09/23/01, 08/18/02, 07/24/03, 08/01/03, 10/27/03, 03/11/04, 07/13/04, 08/14/05, 08/08/06, 08/02/07, 07/13/08, 06/17/09, 06/24/2010, 07/05/13 = 21 shows

Everything you do, it comes back to you, whatever it may be
To just know hate, well that's so sad. What a life, strife
There's much power in anger, but love's a bigger banger
It's a waste to be a hater
All the angst shit is just cheesy
Be positive
Take on the Love and the good Karma
Suckas look up to thugs, they like the attitude... the harder they act just to hide their insecurity
The only thing you always try to be is hard, because you're scared that someone might pull your card
I don’t dis people, I dis ideas. And when I say dis I mean disagree
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

*Queuing violins*
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

I think the best part of it now is being able to spend so much time with family. I missed out on that past few years. Also I've become a lot more finacially stable which I really sucked at in my early 20s. I've had more time to focus on myself and figure out what I really want to do with my life. Not saying it's not possibe when you're in a relationship, but being single makes it a hell of a lot easier.

Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

The love of a good woman or man in your life can certainly be a blessing. I find that as a single man in my 30's that I am very much comfortable on being on my own. After having several long term relationships in my life to this point I can tell you that nothing is more disenchanting then being with the wrong person, it can feel like a stranglehold in many ways. Thus I shall be single until I find someone worth my time.

Enjoy being single, but don't be afraid to find love.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Ive been single for about a year now.

Its nice, i can fuck off and play video games everyday after work and not need to worry about making plans.

I like that i can just do whatever.

Though the 26 year old in me is wanting something long term and meaningful.
Finding an honest down to earth attractive woman is both annoying and infuriating.
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i get 40x more ass when im single
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

Tehshewz wrote:Ive been single for about a year now.

Its nice, i can fuck off and play video games everyday after work and not need to worry about making plans.

I like that i can just do whatever.
I'm (newly) married and can do this 90% of the time, but it's not different than having a cool girlfriend its just legally binding. I guess if that 10% is worth it than keep on keepin on. The goal is not being with a shrew folks.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
ska_reloaded
I'm free as I stare at the sea

Post by ska_reloaded »

my boyfriend hates 311 lol he thinks they're immature
ska_reloaded
I'm free as I stare at the sea

Post by ska_reloaded »

there's nothing wrong with that imo
logosteel