Vape

A place to say what you want.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Vape

Post by Tehshewz »

I have been an avid smoker since (unfortunately) middle school.
Almost if not a pack a day, more if i went to the bar.
I've tried quitting multiple times over the past few years but i just couldn't do it.
I enjoyed smoking, i loved that i could have a great excuse to go outside. The action of smoking by myself in the am at sunrise with a coffee was almost zen like for me.

Recently i stumbled across Vaping or Vaporizers about 6 months ago.
I looked into them, knew a few people that had them but never really thought of getting off smokes untill one after noon one of my best friends came buy and said "Dude, its been whole day and i havent smoked or wanted to smoke with this thing". For him to come to me and say that was enough proof to give this vape a go.

My first kit was this, the starter kit.

Its just a simple battery and a clearomizer.
The way these work, to put it simply is that the clearomizer holds the ejuice. Its a 50/50 of PG and VP with flavor and nicotine added you want with different levels. (24mg. 12mg, 6mg, 3mg and 0)
The wic in the take pulls the juice to a coil that heats up and vaporizes the juice into water vapor.

This little kit kept me smoke free for a month. It was great. I didn't stink, i could smoke inside. Witch is awesome because we are getting pounded with snow atm here in PA.

This was from last weeks storm, have a new one comming in the next two days

ANYWAYS, This was back in October that i started vaping.

You can upgrade these things witch is AWESOME and REALLY addicting.
You can get new batteries, tanks etc to produce more flavor and more vapor....
So this was my second setup.

Protank 2 and an E-Go Twist.

So i stuck with this one for about two months and then upgraded to this one.

iClear30s with an iTastevv v3

Then the other day i upgraded to a rebuildable. These things chuck vapor if you can build a decent coil.

So as of today Feb 11 2014 i have been 4 months and a week cig free.
I cannot describe how much better i feel.
Each month feels better and better.
I also got my parents into these and they are 2 months free of smoking.
If any of you are smokers and want to quit.
Take my advice and give Vape a try.
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
:evil5:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Re: Vape

Post by Jordan311 »

I've been vaping for over a year now. I quit smoking and went exclusively to vape. I have a cig every now and then but very rarely. I was rocking an e-go set up with an EVOD tip for a long time then lost my whole setup on my last vacation. I bought a vivi nova tip and another ego battery. But it wasn't so great so I just recently upgraded to the itaste vv and an aerotank, but the itaste vv battery didn't last long enough and was dying after 6-8 hours so I just went back in and upgraded to the MVP 2 with the aerotank and I love it. It's a pretty big box mod but the battery lasts for days so it's pretty sweet.

I haven't gotten into making my own coils and I doubt I will ever because I'm too lazy but I heard its pretty sweet

Later
ImageImage
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Jordan311 wrote:I've been vaping for over a year now. I quit smoking and went exclusively to vape. I have a cig every now and then but very rarely. I was rocking an e-go set up with an EVOD tip for a long time then lost my whole setup on my last vacation. I bought a vivi nova tip and another ego battery. But it wasn't so great so I just recently upgraded to the itaste vv and an aerotank, but the itaste vv battery didn't last long enough and was dying after 6-8 hours so I just went back in and upgraded to the MVP 2 with the aerotank and I love it. It's a pretty big box mod but the battery lasts for days so it's pretty sweet.

I haven't gotten into making my own coils and I doubt I will ever because I'm too lazy but I heard its pretty sweet

Later
Yeah it was either i get the MVP or the VV.
I didnt want to carry around the box for a daily vape.

But this SVD and Trident are awesome for at home when im playing video games.
I have zero nic juice for that though. Its nice to get full on flavor.
I made this 1.8 micro coil with cotton wic and had the svd set at 14 watts.
Things chucks the vape.

Video here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152270809088487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

A lot of people around here got into vapes in the last year. In fact a old friend of mine is managing a vape shop here in town and is always carrying on about them on FB.

Anyway, a lot of LONG TIME smokers have switched to these things and they're pretty much all the rave here. I tried them, some generic one that looked just like a CIG. But it really wasn't doing it for me. I just like smoking I guess. The whole act of it, the ritual, it's all bullshit really. So anyway it never worked for me, but I only gave it a passing chance. I wasn't going to spend $100+ on one of the nicer models. I barely spent that much on months of smoking. I was a very part time smoker, as in when drinking, after work, typically only 4-6 a day averaged.

Anyway, I quit in the middle of January. Finally had enough and convinced my roommate to quit. Which made it far more easier for me not to smoke, since I was typically mooching his cigs anyway. I quit by watching the following video

Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking DVD

I didn't pay for it, but I watched it. So far I've quit and everyday makes it easier and easier. I'll admit there are times where I think, "man I could really go for a smoke right now" but once I really understood what that need is/was, it made it easier to conquer.

To get back on track
I have very little faith in the vapers. The last time I was at a bar about 5 of the people with me were using vapors. It was kind of sickening. Just trading the nicotine for another method, never killing the beast itself. I asked them how much nicotine was in their vapors. None of them could really answer this question. Which baffled me. I talked to my buddy who runs the vape shop and he's not sure either. He basically said 1 cartridge was the equivalent of a carton of cigs. MY MIND WAS BLOWN. If that's true than some of my close friends/relatives are getting as much nicotine in 1-2 days as they normally would over a fucking 20day period at a pack a day. That's frightening.

Also I know my friend makes the solution he sells in his store... He's not the brightest star in the sky... who the fuck knows what's going in that shit. I mean seriously.

So in the end this is what I would tell anyone.
Is vape safer than smoking a real cig? Probably
Is it a good long term solution? No
Is it a good solution to quit? No

If you want to stop smoking, stop fucking smoking. If you're a little bitch like me that just needs someone to talk sense into you and tell you what you already know. Then get this video and watch it "Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking DVD". You can even smoke while you're watching the video, but when the video is over... it's over. Yeah You're going to crave cigs, yes even after a couple weeks. But it's better than dying from lung cancer.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Smoke wrote:A lot of people around here got into vapes in the last year. In fact a old friend of mine is managing a vape shop here in town and is always carrying on about them on FB.

Anyway, a lot of LONG TIME smokers have switched to these things and they're pretty much all the rave here. I tried them, some generic one that looked just like a CIG. But it really wasn't doing it for me. I just like smoking I guess. The whole act of it, the ritual, it's all bullshit really. So anyway it never worked for me, but I only gave it a passing chance. I wasn't going to spend $100+ on one of the nicer models. I barely spent that much on months of smoking. I was a very part time smoker, as in when drinking, after work, typically only 4-6 a day averaged.

Anyway, I quit in the middle of January. Finally had enough and convinced my roommate to quit. Which made it far more easier for me not to smoke, since I was typically mooching his cigs anyway. I quit by watching the following video

Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking DVD

I didn't pay for it, but I watched it. So far I've quit and everyday makes it easier and easier. I'll admit there are times where I think, "man I could really go for a smoke right now" but once I really understood what that need is/was, it made it easier to conquer.

To get back on track
I have very little faith in the vapers. The last time I was at a bar about 5 of the people with me were using vapors. It was kind of sickening. Just trading the nicotine for another method, never killing the beast itself. I asked them how much nicotine was in their vapors. None of them could really answer this question. Which baffled me. I talked to my buddy who runs the vape shop and he's not sure either. He basically said 1 cartridge was the equivalent of a carton of cigs. MY MIND WAS BLOWN. If that's true than some of my close friends/relatives are getting as much nicotine in 1-2 days as they normally would over a fucking 20day period at a pack a day. That's frightening.

Also I know my friend makes the solution he sells in his store... He's not the brightest star in the sky... who the fuck knows what's going in that shit. I mean seriously.

So in the end this is what I would tell anyone.
Is vape safer than smoking a real cig? Probably
Is it a good long term solution? No
Is it a good solution to quit? No

If you want to stop smoking, stop fucking smoking. If you're a little bitch like me that just needs someone to talk sense into you and tell you what you already know. Then get this video and watch it "Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking DVD". You can even smoke while you're watching the video, but when the video is over... it's over. Yeah You're going to crave cigs, yes even after a couple weeks. But it's better than dying from lung cancer.
The people that have no idea how much nic is in their vapes are just clueles idiots.
I have a plan to be 100% off nic.
At the moment i am at 12mgs
After i run out of the bottle im going to drop to 6mgs.
then half again, then just vape at 0 nic.

I like them.
More or less another hobby at this point.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

You guys are weak. All you're doing is replacing one habit with another, not even a good one at that.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

I quit cold turkey mother fucker!
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Smoke wrote:I quit cold turkey mother fucker!
Same here.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Seems pretty fuckin lame
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Nate wrote:Seems pretty fuckin lame