Re: Now vs. Then

A place to say what you want.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

I was 16, in the 10th grade. I found 311heaven while looking up 311 quotes for a Spanish 2 project.

Came on, and the rest is history. Things have changed a lot has stayed the same. I'm 25 now, went through college, went through business school, working on my law degree. I live in Kentucky as opposed to North Carolina (never thought that would happen). Still play video games, though a lot less these days (though my dumbass keeps buying them like it's my job...sitting on 115 pc games, over 35 PS3 games). Masturbated a lot, still do. Took a while to hit my stride with the ladies, but I do fairly well for myself now. Hitting the gym and working out shit with my self confidence helped with a lot of that. Life's good.

As our friends, 311, once said, "[I'm] not living the dream, [I'm] living the life."
Last edited by $lmjimy311 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:evil5: TB>BB
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

not much has changed, but some has

I make good money now
I own a home
own 2 cars
still have mostly the same friends
more of a pessimist, less of an optimist
Grew up
less hair, more gray

Thinking about going back to school. Always thinking of that
Thinking about moving too. Ohio kind of fucking sucks
311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

wellll things are mad different now

i think i was 16 or 17 when i started posting and i was kind of a noob to the internet. i was obsessed with 311 and i really had questionable fashion sense. i wasnt really that confident in myself and i didnt take the best care of myself.

now, im married, 27, working a job i love, feel like i really know myself as a person (that is kind of a pretentious thing to say but i feel like i finally feel that way), am confident, and feel really fortunate. i really miss the old days of posting on here and getting some awesome threads going though..
:evil5: :smurfin: er.
KyleRayner wrote:bad things in moderation are very very good
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

I think the past few weeks we've had a bit more posting going on. I'd love for this place to spark up again.

It's a shit time for me right now though as I'm in the middle of finals and am about to go out of the country for 3 weeks. Hopefully someone can get this place going by the time I comeback, otherwise I'll make the best effort I can when I'm back.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

rollercoaster.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Been more than 10 years ago.........

Then:

Living with 3 other dudes in a town house, partying constantly, steady relationship, steady job, POS car that survived a deer collision, broke as hell (too much drinking I'd say), very happy/excited to find a forum filled with people that appreciate the same band that I did.

Now:

Living with 2 cats, a 2 year old, and married to said steady relationship previously mentioned, better paying position with same company as before, '12 fusion/much more reliable vehicle to transport myself and the family in, not quite as broke, but still broke (kids...........), still take pride in TB, but rarely encourage anybody that hasn't been on the forums before to bother, hotlink items in the downloads section more than anything else.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

fatlip wrote:rollercoaster.
Same.

I am happy that I never cared about getting a career or money but took care of things in my personal life.
:evil5:
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Lol you guys are weird. Why bring up masturbation?
:evil5:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

fatlip wrote:rollercoaster.
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

What year was 311heaven? 2004? '03? '02? '01?

I know I signed up on this beast in 2005.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

311 heaven was before 2003, not sure how far before and only till about 05
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I still miss 311heaven. I visited that site daily before she even made the forums.

I want to say I was in college back then. Since then I've lost my virginity, started drinking for the first time, and I've worked no less than a dozen dead end jobs. My first piece of shit car died on me in '04, so I bought a nissan which I still drive today. I've traveled a bit. Saw 311 at redrocks, I also skiied on a few mountains a few months earlier. Stopped by all the great lakes, and cities along them on the way to Niagra. Went paragliding in florida. Went to vegas a couple of times. I've lived with a couple of girlfriends (never again) including one genuine psychopath. I fucked a stripper. I've been arrested. I've had 7 threeways, most of them with 2 girls. Now I'm banging a co-worker who's boyfriend's cousin works with us. That's going to be really awkward when they find out. She's hot though, so it's ok.

Stereolithic is a pleasant surprise from 311. A return to form, in my opinion. So that's nice.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

i can't wait to watch the movie about your life
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

My life is mostly boring. It's like the tv show LOST. Weird new people inexplicably come and go from my life. Some weird shit happens, then nothing for a long time while I ponder the significance and meaning of the weird shit that happened, finding none of course.
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

ska wrote:
$ayzak wrote:My life is mostly boring. It's like the tv show LOST. Weird new people inexplicably come and go from my life. Some weird shit happens, then nothing for a long time while I ponder the significance and meaning of the weird shit that happened, finding none of course.
I think what we all want to know is...do you still do it all for the nookie?!
The real question is, what don't I do for the nookie.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

$ayzak wrote:My life is mostly boring. It's like the tv show LOST. Weird new people inexplicably come and go from my life. Some weird shit happens, then nothing for a long time while I ponder the significance and meaning of the weird shit that happened, finding none of course.
From what I've gathered though it seems like you live a really rich life though of adventure, suspense, conquests, etc. Don't try to downplay it now by being humble. You always return from the beyond to give us a small taste of the incredible things you've been getting into in the past x years to our delight. That's why I think -- instead of us waiting around to hear about the next crazy sexual thing you did, why not just make it into a movie that we can look forward to and rewatch?
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Let's see, another update.

I just started my last year of law school. I have a job as a commercial real estate transnational lawyer specializing in the hospitality field lined up in atlanta once school is done, and i finally got into a 1 person apartment.

living with no roommates is so much better. Things are how I want them, I get to do what I want, when I want, and most importantly, i don't have my drunk ass roommates waking me up at random hours of the morning. life is good, but damn life is busy right now. i have a full course load at school and i'm working remotely as well, killing my free time.
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

Was a 15 year old kid who had little self esteem who posted about his relationship issues and abandonment problems. Had close friends that smoked, but I didn't at all. I listened to 311 every freakin day, all day almost. Would visit the forum the moment I got home til late at night and play computer games.

26 now, high ass self esteem. I don't whine about my relationships online anymore, still have abandonment problems though. Kind of close to my old friends, most still smoke. I never did til I was 21. Graduated college a couple years back and work a full time job I don't particularly like.
I barely listen to 311 at all. Hate their recent album for the most part. I don't have much depth to my music, but damn to they it the bottom of the bucket now a days. Visit Taiyed a handful of times throughout the year, but I still hold a special place for a lot of you in my memories. And I don't really play video games anymore.
the only thing true, we gotta love each other. try to keep a positive vibe.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
we can overcome the wrongs while we're reachin' the point.
stick together all forever. now continue to flow
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

You didn't like the last album? I loved it. Still play video games though not as much as I'd like to.

I have a backlog of dozens of games I need to beat. Goal is to finish them all during my last year of school.
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

Shiny wrote:i can't wait to watch the movie about your life
What's the progress on this?
Image :smurfin: :evil5: