Why TB is mostly dead

A place to say what you want.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Why TB is mostly dead

Post by dj3stripes »

easy way to not hear that song is to stop going to shows otherwise, what do you expect?
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Anal Cunt ruined down for me.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

dj3stripes wrote:easy way to not hear that song is to stop going to shows otherwise, what do you expect?
not really expecting anything
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

I don't think I'm tired of hearing any song by 311. I go through periods of time where I don't listen to them at all so when I do listen to them again, everything is fresh. I also don't go to shows that often so when I do, I appreciate everything I hear.
:evil5: TB>BB
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

I think they should make a new arrangement, add some new verses, change it up a bit

That's what I expect.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Smoke wrote:I think they should make an instrumental, add a little vocal, take it to the stage

That would make me go loco.
ImageImage
:evil5:
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Alexnova wrote: But people have moved on to do other things, or the bulk of one's life has increased to where we don't have the time to post here.
Speak for yourselves... lolol
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

I sit on the interwebs all day at my job. So as an old fucker, I still have plenty of time.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Smoke wrote:I sit on the interwebs all day at my job. So as an old fucker, I still have plenty of time.
Well I'm 25 and still no "real" job so more power to you.
Mindspin
But needles never ever love

Post by Mindspin »

Smoke wrote:#1. 80%, I'm being nice probably more like 90%, of you are douche bags and mostly unlikable (at least how you portray yourself here)
#2. You're extremely critical of outsiders and very much unwelcoming. Unless of course they're women, then you act like a bunch of virigins who've never been laid or talked to a women before.
#3. Your sigs. Just saying your sigs fucking suck and are annoying. No one like sigs, unless you're a 13year old on the internet or trying to annoy people. (that's why mines laughing, it's laughing at you)
#4. It's a 311 forum, 311 is often known of their acceptance of people and general awesomeness towards others. See #1 &2.
#5. It's a 311 forum and many of you are overly critical of the band. It's been said before that this is where 311 fans come to die.
#6. On the internet, no one knows you're trying to be funny. Most of you aren't even when people know you're trying. So you just come off as a dick.
The beginning of 311 fandom before the internet was the best. I was in college and most of the fans were my age. At my first show in Toledo in 95 when I was front and center on this rickety rail on the edge of the stage in a small venue, it was crazy and the mosh pit right behind me. But multiple guys would tap me on the shoulder and ask politely if they could put their hand on my shoulder to climb up on the rail and stage dive back into the pit. Even the stupid moshing 311 fans were cool back then. Back then, 311 fans loved not only the music but also the positive message.

Then it slowly went downhill from there. By the early 2000's, a lot of the original generation of 311 fans my age had dropped off and were replaced by a younger, jerkier crowd whose first 311 album was From Chaos. The 311 fan community on the internet introduced me to high school 311 fanatics who loved the music but didn't understand the lyrics or give a damn about the message. The anonymity of the internet can really bring the true inner asshole in little punks who talk a shit online because they'd get their ass beat down acting like such huge cunts in real life. No need to mention any names - You know who you are.

A real WTF moment was at the pre-311 Day 2004 party on Bourbon Street the night before the show when some drunk fuck was so pissed off at his girlfriend sucking another guy's cock that he was standing inside the men's bathroom acting all macho asking random guys if they wanted to fight. 311 fandom has some real winners now! And at my 2006 311 show, I really began to notice just how the crowd had transformed from a busy but still overall fun atmosphere to having an increasingly overwhelming number of drunken meatheads spilling beer and falling into people.

In 2004, I still loved 311 but it started to not be my favorite band anymore, and then in 2005 the overall lame DTOM came out. And then there the 4-year break in releasing albums. In 2009 I think felt a little nostalgic about 311 and wanted other 311 fans to talk to about Uplifter. I had been blocked from the bb for some reason so ended up here, where 311 fans come to die.

Smoke, everything you said is true. Most of you here are hostle apostles, to quote your first 311 CD. You are nothing like the band this forum was created to talk about. Although I still to this day do not understand why, I have long accepted the fact that 311 fandom is full of dickheads no matter where you go. No, it is not people in general or even the internet in general. I participate in other (non-311) forums where people are civil with each other. They disagree and critique other's ideas and opinions without making it personal and reducing it to childish name-calling. I think most of you must be just as negative and critical in your real life so you are the same online, or you are severely oppressed and controlled by a girlfriend, wife or mother that lives upstairs so you lash out online, the only place you can. I feel sorry for all you pitiful 311 fans with your depressing lives.

The 90s was the golden age for 311. The best music, the best shows, the best fans. I'm here so I'm still dying the long death. Which one is it who ya gonna believe undivided in my material being undivided life you can’t fade me desperate the cling I make to positivity
09/12/95, 09/15/95, 08/17/97, 11/26/99, 03/08/00, 06/09/00, 11/11/00, 09/23/01, 08/18/02, 07/24/03, 08/01/03, 10/27/03, 03/11/04, 07/13/04, 08/14/05, 08/08/06, 08/02/07, 07/13/08, 06/17/09, 06/24/2010, 07/05/13 = 21 shows

Everything you do, it comes back to you, whatever it may be
To just know hate, well that's so sad. What a life, strife
There's much power in anger, but love's a bigger banger
It's a waste to be a hater
All the angst shit is just cheesy
Be positive
Take on the Love and the good Karma
Suckas look up to thugs, they like the attitude... the harder they act just to hide their insecurity
The only thing you always try to be is hard, because you're scared that someone might pull your card
I don’t dis people, I dis ideas. And when I say dis I mean disagree
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

lol
ImageImage
:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

I'm pretty sure judging someone because of the time period they became a fan is exactly what 311 envisioned.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

He's judging people on actions/words not the time period they became fans. He's reminiscing about old shows and I assure you Will has been to more shows than most of you.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

certainly not me! i'm past that 50 mark.. i should count though
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Ska I was thinking of you specifically when i said "Not all"

:-)
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Bro...I know who this Mindspin character is bro. Bro, I've been around these parts for quite a while myself bro. Also bro, it doesn't matter how many shows you've been to...it really really doesn't bro.

"a lot of the original generation of 311 fans my age had dropped off and were replaced by a younger, jerkier crowd whose first 311 album was From Chaos."

I came in around this time and I don't consider myself to be a jerk bro.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

$lmjimy311 wrote:Bro...I know who this Mindspin character is bro. Bro, I've been around these parts for quite a while myself bro. Also bro, it doesn't matter how many shows you've been to...it really really doesn't bro.

"a lot of the original generation of 311 fans my age had dropped off and were replaced by a younger, jerkier crowd whose first 311 album was From Chaos."

I came in around this time and I don't consider myself to be a jerk bro.
He was painting with a broad brush guys! Don't feel offended
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

That thing looks familiar...what the hell is that?