people who don't believe in global warming

A place to say what you want.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

people who don't believe in global warming

Post by $lmjimy311 »

not here to argue or try to tell you you're wrong. i just want to hear your argument because most people i know who say this just say it cause rush says it.
:evil5: TB>BB
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Re: people who don't believe in global warming

Post by KyleRayner »

first off, its "climate change" now because the people running this scam realized the earth wasn't only warming. also, in the '70s there was a big scare of imminent global cooling that was going to fuck up the world, because the data they were looking at is such a tiny fraction of all data. they were CERTAIN disaster was imminent. they look pretty stupid now, don't they?

The earth is 4.2 billion years old. we've been here a couple million. it's seen at least 5 great global extinctions. we are nothing compared to this planet and nature. remember the hole in the ozone?

let's talk more. earth is 4,200,000,000 years old. let's say we have data for the past 1,000 years (which we obviously don't, more like couple hundred, if that) you are basing your trends based off a time period .000024% of the age of the earth. think about that

also think, we have been here a couple million years. I am not denying climate change, it is real, its just not even close to being entirely our fault, and there is NOTHING we can do about it. we need to focus our ecological preservation efforts on things we have control over, like deforestation of the rain forest and excessive whaling, HUGE FUCKING OIL WELLS IN THE MIDDLE OF IMPORTANT BODIES OF WATER WITH NO OVERSIGHT

i am not advocating destroying the environment, but imagine if instead of funneling money toward fixing this thing we don't even really know we can fix, we sent that money to build clean energy. won't happen, congress is bought and paid for by big oil, but imagine. again, i'm not saying we should pollute the air, we should try to cut back for the sake of air quality, but doing so won't bring the earth's temperature down, or stop it from increasing.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

more carbon in the atmosphere = warmer atmosphere

indisputable. that said i'm not that worried about it.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

yeah that wasn't my point. i don't mean to say we aren't making it worse, i'm just saying its happening whether you like it or not, even if the entire world IMMEDIATELY stopped outputting so much CO2.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

thank you
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

tehshewz ftw!
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

The earth's weather pattern has always been extreme. It has had hot and cold periods that blow anything we've ever seen out of the water. Why do humans have such a huge ego that suddenly it's our fault? I think we believe this politically driven bullshit because we have some perverted desire to feel important.

I believe the earth is warming, a lot of science suggests that it is. But I don't believe that it's warming as quickly as Al Gore wants you to believe, or that the effects will be catastrophic. And I definitely don't believe it's our fault. Doesn't something like 97% of the c02 come form the ocean?
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

exactly. i believe there are two things that prove universal human hubris: climate change and vegetarianism.

and yeah I think it's the algea swarms that produce so much CO2
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

I was watching science shows about global warming in the early 1990s and they were predicting colder winters, hotter summers, and more severe weather. Not to mention the last 5 of 10 years have been the hottest on record. I fully understand that huge natural events eclipse human induced destruction, however if you combine natural sources along with human production of mass amounts of sunlight trapping carbon dioxide gas you create a warmer planet it's planetary science 101 it's not mystical and not misunderstood. We have models and satellites that measure these things. Having 7 billion people on this earth using energy on a daily basis add up every car, truck, coal power plant etc. all that is pumping into the high atmosphere everyday for decades and decades and it's trapped there in the atmosphere. Don't you think that would decrease the amount of sunlight being reflected back into space thereby changing the atmosphere of the planet..? People refuse to believe we live in an extremely fragile place a slight minor change in the environment can throw everything out of whack. We literally live on a razors edge and small changes can fuck everything up for us. To sum it up to God's will or greater than man, in that we have no control over our contribution is not very responsible.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

If it weren't for those coal burning plants, or the everyday transportation that's so evil you wouldn't be able to post on this forum. end of story.

it exists but not to either extreme the left and right make it out to be. i think recycling/reducing our waste is a good thing overall, but not for the reasons most make it out to be. we have such a small impact on the way things are going on up there, but i don't think it's an excuse to be extreme in either way.

i'm a fan of clean energy more so for the fact that it's nearly infinite, where as oil wells dry up every day i really don't mind if it's actually cleaner or not, why the hell have we not gotten more in to this by 2011(and yes, it's a rhetorical question. i realize money makes the world go around, so to speak)
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

Yes, but can you tell me the list of options on what power company I can use to provide my electricity? There are countries like Germany and Japan etc. that have progressed on a lot of alternative possibilities. But to keep fighting over if it's happening or not is point. Just because in the past we did that way and we currently do it that doesn't make it the best or most efficient way to generate electricity. I'm a pro market orientated business person, however even if climate change or pollution had no impact we still need to move away from fossil fuels as they are finite and found in heavily volatile parts of the world. This is not even a left versus right issue don't put me into the AL Gore pigeon hole. And I am not partisan. There needs to be major R&D in energy and fewer subsidies for fuels that come from places of the world that we cannot control.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

A lot of clean energy won’t pass because of the "not in my backyard" mentality for clean energy things like wind turbines. In my home town a business in what is called the industrial park put up a windmill. I could see it a bit from my house. Before it went up people in my neighbourhood came around with a petition that they didn't want it due to noise pollution it would case, that it would cause a flicker effect, and that it would throw icicles at people who go down the bike path near it (no one I know uses that path except for homeless and drug dealers). They also carried homemade flyers to hand out that said that the thing would be as big as the statue of liberty and that the blads ahve a wing span of a 747 (yes, they photo shopped a picture of a jet on the statue of liberty and put a picture of a windmill next to it but made the windmill bigger). They also said it would ruin the canadian geeses flight pattern. When the wind mill was finally put up people complained that it was too loud – I walked by it on a daily basis on my way to the train, the only noise was from Route 1 (a major road way) and some other building that has been there forever as well as the train station. They also claimed that the flicker from the blades turning in the sun light as well as the blinking red light on top (to you know, keep planes from crashing into it, like the small ones from the local airport) caused them so many issues that they had to move their beds. Why they didn’t just buy curtains I have no clue. They said that they were all for clean energy…as long as it wasn’t near their house. I’ve heard the same argument over and over about windmills.
Here’s a couple of angry people about the windmill in my town:
http://saveourseashore.org/?p=397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The below person lives only a couple houses down from where I lived….
http://www.windturbinesyndrome.com/news ... achusetts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.windturbinesyndrome.com/news/2010/9094/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you google search the Newburyport MA winder turbine and read some of the newburyport news articles they are hilarious.

Anyway, as for the belief in global warming. I am more so the mentality of instead of focusing on whether or not it is happening and trying to prevent it (because lets face it, can’t really prevent it) we should be working on dealing with it since that is something we can actually do.
ImageImage
ER
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I learned that the great dying, otherwise known as the biggest mass extinction event in earth's history was caused by the underlying dead plant life that had been exposed to the atmosphere practically all at once -- an event that still occurs today as the ice caps shift with the wobbling of earth's axis. It's my understanding that this releases far more toxic gas into the air than humans do, but that we are supposedly exacerbating it, which Neal DeGrass Tyson says could lead to another mass extinction.

Until I hear an argument that is less "have our cake and eat it too" from man-made global warming hysterics, I'm not buying it.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

$ayzak wrote:I learned that the great dying, otherwise known as the biggest mass extinction event in earth's history was caused by the underlying dead plant life that had been exposed to the atmosphere practically all at once -- an event that still occurs today as the ice caps shift with the wobbling of earth's axis. It's my understanding that this releases far more toxic gas into the air than humans do, but that we are supposedly exacerbating it, which Neal DeGrass Tyson says could lead to another mass extinction.

Until I hear an argument that is less "have our cake and eat it too" from man-made global warming hysterics, I'm not buying it.
I just hope all the climate change deniers are last in line at the food banks. They'll probably deny that they denied climate change though, like they all deny they voted for GWB.
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I don't know any human beings that deny climate change. Climate change is the most redundant name I've ever heard, by the way. The skeptics are questioning man's role in the whole ordeal.

There are a lot of people set to make a fortune based on the hysteria they're causing. That's a huge red flag.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

$ayzak wrote:I don't know any human beings that deny climate change. Climate change is the most redundant name I've ever heard, by the way. The skeptics are questioning man's role in the whole ordeal.

There are a lot of people set to make a fortune based on the hysteria they're causing. That's a huge red flag.
The most redundant name I know is "free gift".

The skeptics? As like a group of them as a whole are skeptical, or some skeptics?
Does it matter if it's man made or not? If we can do anything to stop/slow it, it's pretty much in our best interest too. Pretty sure there is zero doubt from most scientists that our use of fossil fuels is accelerating the rate of change.

You should realize that 99% of those skeptical about it are PAID by the oil/gas industry. That's a huge red flag
Keep on rollin' coal bro and hookin up with easy women.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

Willful ignorance is a thing y'all know.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

fatlip wrote:Willful ignorance is a thing y'all know.
So very true.

Fast forward 50 years. The rhetoric has changed. The world's economy is now influenced by completely new parties, and new ideas.

In retrospect, the global warming hysteria is as hilarious as it is fucking pathetic. Like watching a 60's sci-fi movie. A guy in a spray-painted-grey card board box stumbles around pretending to be a futuristic robot.

How were so many people convinced that the world was ending?

You're supposed to feel ashamed for not jumping on the bandwagon and supporting the cause. Diamonds are forever. Be an American Hero. Jews are evil.

Just support the status-quo. Let rich people in position to become richer tell you how it's going to be and how you should proceed with your thinking henceforth. Don't think for yourself. Don't critically analyze motives. Don't look at or for the big picture. Just react, with minimal thinking.

Cuz that's not willfully fucking ignorant.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

I think both sides are ignorant to what they want to be ignorant to.