workin out

A place to say what you want.
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

workin out

Post by Broken Side »

how many people here regularly work out?? what do you guys do to keep yourself motivated and to keep at it???

i always find myself having trouble starting or once i do start I'll do it for maybe 2 weeks and then a weekend throws me off and I just stop doing it. I think it takes about a month to start seeing decent results, if only I kept this up when I started back in the summer I'd be in shape instead of trying to start all over again.

How many of you actually go to a gym on a regular basis?? How much can just doing push ups and sits ups help build and tone muscle in the long run?
"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends"
:evil5:
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
311junkee
Taiyed Brodel

Re: workin out

Post by 311junkee »

I hit the gym 4-5 times a week. Try to find someone to lift with who really wants to get back into shape like yourself. I had problems stayin with it at first but when someone is there pushin you, it makes all the difference.

Push ups will make you strong and toned but not big.

Also, diet is probably more important than working out in the long run. Your body needs to be fueled to perform well. If you eat like shit, you're gonna feel like shit. Try and shoot for a gram of protein per pound of body weight. 150lbs = 150g of protein a day. Low protein levels lead to you actually losing muscle mass b/c your body starts eating your muscles for energy.

Spend a few dollars on a good multi vitamin, fish oil, and whey protein for post workout. A healthy diet is the foundation of building muscle.
Jump up and down cuz that's the 311 style!
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i do, what motivates me is the results, have like one tshirt or something that youd like to fit into proper. the first time i tried on one of my shirts and my arms fit in it perfectly was when i was like fuck this, im not stopping
:evil5: TB>BB
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

i take a multivitamin everyday and fish oil a couple times a day. I'm not trying to get big exactly, I guess a little bigger wouldnt hurt but mainly I want to have nice muscle tone and be stronger and all that. Is it really worth it to get some form of protein bar or the shake stuff?? I try to eat meals with meat or whatever after working out but not sure if that is really enough
"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends"
:evil5:
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

its best to get it from normal sources, but its fine to get it from shakes and stuff. im taking a mass gainer, 66 grams of protein per shake, then the rest of it i just get from my food
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Diet is everythiiiiiiiiing!
Image :evil5:
311junkee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311junkee »

snipe is correct!

But like jimbo said, u want most of your protein from actual food. Whey is a staple though, imo. You wanna take about 40g of whey protein right after your workout then eat your post workout meal about an hour later.

Whey is good to have on hand especially if you weren't able to get much protein in some of your meals. Add some frozen fruit or maybe mix it with OJ if you use vanilla. Peanut butter in chocolate is money. Makes you look forward to drinkin' em if ya get creative.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Since I have no time to do any workout right now, I just started a diet. I lost 13 pounds already, and I can feel how stupid I was for not doing a decent diet when I was working out a year ago. I think I would've achieved a LOT more with my body.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

been doing p90x for a little while now. It's a nice change of pace after lifting over the past 4 years. Check out the bodybuilding.com workout database for some basic workouts.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

oh and I'd recommend whey protein like everyone else said. A multi-vitamin is pretty important as well. Also if you get a good one you'll never get a hangover again. It's a beautiful thing.
311junkee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311junkee »

Nate wrote:A multi-vitamin is pretty important as well. Also if you get a good one you'll never get a hangover again. It's a beautiful thing.
Words of wisdom :D
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Ah, Nate knows (:
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

I go 6 days a week. I been lifting for 7 years. One important thing I have learned out of all of it, is that all those supplements are pretty much a waste of money. The baby gains you get are not worth the money you blow on all that shit.
Diet is everything. I don't even drink whey protein anymore, just egg whites everyday. I see just as many results as taking in 6-8 egg whites a day, as when I was drinking opti. or muscle milk whey protein religously. NOS, HGH, NO-xplode, Gakic(complete shit) its all a waste of money. As far as multi-vitamins and pills go, you piss/shit out alot of it. At one point I was taking daily multi-vitamins, B-vitamans, zinc, Iron, Magnesium, Ginsing, BCAA's for 2 years and I never saw a difference in all the bullshit they advertise about all that stuff. Get your vitamins and minerals the correct way, from food. Peanut Butter is a good source of protein, but has alot of calories and sat. fat. Jimmy you should eat alot of it if you are trying to gain weight, espcially before bed.

And my multi-vitamin never once stopped any of my hangovers.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

that's because you got the wrong one. Take this beast.

http://www.vitacost.com/AST-Sports-Science-MultiPro-32X" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/file. ... =34&CPID=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thats what i take.. shitty side effect is constant boners (not even joking)

other than that, when you take this shit, like after a week, you dont wake up exhausted anymore. that + gym + running = ace
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

oh and while i agree about the diet thing.. theres no way i could ever consume 6 egg whites a day

besides, its healthier to do 1 egg white and 1 regular egg so you get the extra protein. usually for breakfast i have 2 egg whites on a whole wheat flat with some cheese, salt and pepper.

shits sweettttttttt
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Get the Men's Health Abs diet, if you want a good one.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

TaiyedBorders wrote:I go 6 days a week. I been lifting for 7 years. One important thing I have learned out of all of it, is that all those supplements are pretty much a waste of money. The baby gains you get are not worth the money you blow on all that shit.
Diet is everything. I don't even drink whey protein anymore, just egg whites everyday. I see just as many results as taking in 6-8 egg whites a day, as when I was drinking opti. or muscle milk whey protein religously. NOS, HGH, NO-xplode, Gakic(complete shit) its all a waste of money. As far as multi-vitamins and pills go, you piss/shit out alot of it. At one point I was taking daily multi-vitamins, B-vitamans, zinc, Iron, Magnesium, Ginsing, BCAA's for 2 years and I never saw a difference in all the bullshit they advertise about all that stuff. Get your vitamins and minerals the correct way, from food. Peanut Butter is a good source of protein, but has alot of calories and sat. fat. Jimmy you should eat alot of it if you are trying to gain weight, espcially before bed.

i do eat right before bed, but the problem is, i dont have the time to cook as much as id like, so having a weight gainer which gives me 1000 calories from one shake helps alot
311junkee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311junkee »

TaiyedBorders wrote:I go 6 days a week. I been lifting for 7 years. One important thing I have learned out of all of it, is that all those supplements are pretty much a waste of money. The baby gains you get are not worth the money you blow on all that shit.

Very true about those "bodybuilding" supps. However, I do think a good whole food multi and some healthy fats like flax or fish oil do the body good. Even if someone ate like 10 healthy meals a day, it wouldn't come close to what's in a good multi.

It's refreshing to hear some people who actually know a thing or two about dieting. I work in a nutrition store and have so many people come in here and totally disagree with me about dieting being more important than training yet they can't figure out why they aren't progressing.

As far as hangovers go though, try taking a multi and drinking a glass of water before you go to bed after a night of excessive drinking. Works every time for me.
311junkee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311junkee »

fatlip wrote:oh and while i agree about the diet thing.. theres no way i could ever consume 6 egg whites a day

besides, its healthier to do 1 egg white and 1 regular egg so you get the extra protein. usually for breakfast i have 2 egg whites on a whole wheat flat with some cheese, salt and pepper.

shits sweettttttttt
duuuuude that breakfast is tits. That's what I eat if I have enough time in the morning. I use the whole egg though.