Is it wrong not to vote?

A place to say what you want.
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Is it wrong not to vote?

Post by TaiyedBorders »

Because I didn't vote. Everyone is giving me major shit for it too.
kateric10
Massive Laminate Fortress

Re: Is it wrong not to vote?

Post by kateric10 »

I think it is too bad that you didn't vote....are you a bad person? I don't think so but I guess you do deserve a little shit :)

Anyway, it is time for a change and we will see that happen tonight!
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

You're not a bad person. You just can't have an opinion. I mean you can have it, but it's irrelevant because you had the opportunity to act for change and you didn't (I'm not talking about the "change" from the Obama camp, I'm talking about the changes you would like to see, even if you want Mickey Mouse for your district's representative).

However, if you voted for McCain then you are a bad person. (I'm too lazy to find an adequate emoticon to convey that statement as a joke)
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

freedom of choice is one of my favorites that we have in the country. i chose not to vote. the argument of voting for a president is irrelevant. so long as we have an electoral college the only impact you can really truly have is for the primaries. where your vote shows the most local impact is obviously for your city, county, and state legislatures. i'd rather not get spammed voicemails, emails, snailmails, etc for registering and i don't know about the candidates enough to vote for them.

"if you don't vote, don't bitch" -unity.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Most people have no business voting. I've noticed that they vote one way or the other because of an issue or two (ie abortion) while completely disregarding all of their other stances. I did not vote because I don't really know much about the candidates policies. And I wish other people who know as little as me would do the same.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

i agree with nate, PLUS, who's to say a candidate can't completely not follow through with his or her proposals, let alone get them through the senate and the house. my opinion , most of the country's electoral votes went to a democrat due to the past 8 years of republican bad press. i just hope our taxes don't go up dramatically by "spreading the wealth around" so to say.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

I didn't vote. mainly because I knew the same thing was going to happen with or without me.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

I can't buy into any of your guys' arguments for not voting. At least go to vote and then not vote, but to vote because you don't know what's going on, or if your vote is worthless, what? Perhaps you show up and understand a certain issue. Perhaps you go and vote for the green party candidate, or write in someone you dig. But to not vote entirely, that's like, well I can't find a proper analogy, but I don't like it. Sell me more on this idea of not voting for legitimate reasons.
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

i didnt.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Jorge wrote:I can't buy into any of your guys' arguments for not voting. At least go to vote and then not vote, but to vote because you don't know what's going on, or if your vote is worthless, what? Perhaps you show up and understand a certain issue. Perhaps you go and vote for the green party candidate, or write in someone you dig. But to not vote entirely, that's like, well I can't find a proper analogy, but I don't like it. Sell me more on this idea of not voting for legitimate reasons.

why must we sell you on anything? opinions rarely need to be sold, you just have them. personally casting a vote in the direction of a political party just seems very naive. and as i stated in agreeance with nate, i don't know enough about most of the candidates to give them my support. there seems to be a lot of loudmouths on both the democratic side as well as republican side on EVERY issue, and rarely is it about any person , but rather the entire party. i still live in a red state, my vote didn't change that nor did it help it. however I had a right not to have to vote and that's the right that I exercised on november 4th.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

you should take the liberties you have and use them. not everyone in the world gets the right to vote for their leader. YOU do, and saying that you dont know enough about the candidate to vote for them is a complete cop out ...FUCKING EDUCATE YOUR SELF. this is the leader of the fucking nation YOU live in. it shouldn't matter that you're a red state, you realize that when you go vote for president, you aren't just voting for the president. have you ever looked at a ballot? there are A LOT more candidates and positions that YOU need to vote for. so don't give that bullshit excuse.

sorry, this kinda shit bugs me
:evil5: TB>BB
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

yourself is one word
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

JIMMY SAVE THE SOB STORY, THAT BOX HAS HIJACKED YOUR BRAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JSBhI_0at0[/youtube]
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Element wrote:yourself is one word
my bad

(a+ sig sam)

and which box are you talking about
:evil5: TB>BB
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

dj3stripes wrote:
Jorge wrote:I can't buy into any of your guys' arguments for not voting. At least go to vote and then not vote, but to vote because you don't know what's going on, or if your vote is worthless, what? Perhaps you show up and understand a certain issue. Perhaps you go and vote for the green party candidate, or write in someone you dig. But to not vote entirely, that's like, well I can't find a proper analogy, but I don't like it. Sell me more on this idea of not voting for legitimate reasons.

why must we sell you on anything? opinions rarely need to be sold, you just have them. personally casting a vote in the direction of a political party just seems very naive. and as i stated in agreeance with nate, i don't know enough about most of the candidates to give them my support. there seems to be a lot of loudmouths on both the democratic side as well as republican side on EVERY issue, and rarely is it about any person , but rather the entire party. i still live in a red state, my vote didn't change that nor did it help it. however I had a right not to have to vote and that's the right that I exercised on november 4th.
You don't have to sell me on anything, and I think you misunderstood my referencing of the green party. Of course casting a ballot in the direction of political party is naive. I'd go as far as to say that political parties hurt local government. Still, I can't fathom why someone would willingly elect not to vote entirely. I guess I'm just not subservient. Have fun enjoying what liberties you have and what laws to obey, I guess.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

hey, it beats getting all worked up over something, casting a ballot and not having things go my way, at least i'm not let down. I just abide by the rules laid out for me. you wanna vote, hooray. i don't feel like voting, boo me???? guess what, the presidential election isn't decided by popular vote, clearly. local govt? i had the choice between somebody who gets profits from farm subsidiaries and a drunk........... which would you choose? yup, that's all the further i cared to research into the matter.

i pay my taxes
i work and live here legally
i have no warrants or fines to be paid
i'd say i feel ok with what kind of citizen i am.
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

i didn't vote, and i don't feel bad about it

sue me

lets hope the democrats don't kill us

i say that truly wishing them good luck, i can only hope for the best, barack seems like a cool dude and a great speaker at least
"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends"
:evil5:
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

there are so many things to vote for on election day aside from president. and even if you feel the decision for president is already made with or with out your vote, those propositions will effect you more directly than the president ever will. they are worth the trip to your polling place ... and you can just leave the president spot blank.
Image :smurfin: :evil5: