Does anyone here work for the AT&T call center?

A place to say what you want.
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Does anyone here work for the AT&T call center?

Post by $ayzak »

If so, is it a worthwhile job to have? I'm considering hanging up my school bus driver keys for a job with a call center because while driving for a living is easy, and the $14/hour gets me by, it sucks up too much of my day and it doesn't provide insurance (which I need). I need more free time in my day because I either plan on going back to school or rebuilding my portfolio and dusting off my degree. I'm tired of procrastinating on life. Anyone feel me?
hydropoNICK
Copin' out problems every time I can

Re: Does anyone here work for the AT&T call center?

Post by hydropoNICK »

I've done the call center thing and hated it. I don't know, having to be on the phone all day while being bitched at doesn't seem appealing to me. What exactly would you be doing - customer service? outbound/inbound calls? sales?
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

Customer service. I am an easy going guy, and I tend to make people comfortable so it's natural for me. Angry people don't phase me in the slightest. I'm more concerned about being bored out of my mind and sitting on my ass all day then how I'm going to actually perform my job. I learn quick enough, I know I'll master it and get bored.

There's a lot of things about every job that makes me cringe, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
hydropoNICK

Post by hydropoNICK »

Yeah I hear you. When I graduated from college last year and was jobsearching I worked at a call center for awhile. I don't regret as it was a good job to pay the bills at the time, but its not something I could do for an extended time. I feel like I'm pretty easy going but having people pissed off at me all day got to me a lot more than I thought it would. I agree though most jobs have at least a few things that suck but if you can deal with those things and enjoy the rest of what your doing it makes it much easier to cope.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

hydroponick what degree do you have?
:evil5:
hydropoNICK

Post by hydropoNICK »

Mass Communications. My emphasis areas were public relations and marketing - kind of a worthless degree if you ask me. I would do it different if I could go back as it is a really competitive field and hard to crack into . Most employers I applied for were looking for someone with years of experience rather than hiring and training a person fresh out of school. There are a lot of different things you can do with a mcom degree though.