the presidencial election

A place to say what you want.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

the presidencial election

Post by Element »

name the canidates, and list why you like them/don't like them.
you don't need to use the point system, just like the thing the nurse asks you when you go to the hospital
3- please stop talking, the fart vapours from your mouth are making me light headed.
4- oh, you've got jokes.
5- dislike.
6- interesting, but it would never work.
7- not exactly what i would want, but i could go along with that.
8- fo sho
9- i completely agree
10- that's even better than what i believe. earth-shatteringly aweosme.

then discuss.

alrighty:

ron paul - by far my favorite canidate

ron paul:
-nonintervention "war must be faught to protect citizens." 10.0
-free trade 10.0 (will probably get him shot if he wins :()
-opposes birthright citizenship 1.0 (gross)
-opposes amnesty 5.6 (great, but many shitty outcomes too)
-calls the 9/11 comission report "a charade" 9.5 (agree completely)
-"unshakeable foe of abortion" but believes abortion is "best handled at a state level" 8.5 (i think abortion is needed in some cases. ask me if you want to know which ones. but, totally agree and i think by states voting on it it would get the most humane results. except in las vegas.)
- voted "no" on a bill banning human cloning at the federal level. 10.0(this is a big issue. they must have the technology to do it now. dooooooo itttttt)
- opposed of the federal death penalty. 10.0
- thinks states should handle gay marriage. 10.0 (gay marriage just isn't healthy in some parts of the country, it could have serious emotional ramifications for such open gayness. i'm serious. )
- *from the republican debate*
"I think the current policy is a decent policy. And the problem that we have with dealing with this subject is we see people as groups, as they belong to certain groups and that they derive their rights as belonging to groups. We don't get our rights because we're gays or women or minorities. We get our rights from our Creator as individuals. So every individual should be treated the same way. So if there is homosexual behavior in the military that is disruptive, it should be dealt with. But if there's heterosexual behavior that is disruptive, it should be dealt with. So it isn't the issue of homosexuality. It's the concept and the understanding of individual rights. If we understood that, we would not be dealing with this very important problem."

10.0 (amazing fucking answer.)

i want this guy as my president. that's all there is to it.

(yes, i avoided marijauna, although that would probably get this entire board behind this dude, have you ever noticed everytime he mentions bud he says: MEDICAL MARIJUANA. theres no way you'll ever hear the words "LEGALIZE IT." from the mouth of ron paul.)

do the same for your favorite!
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Great. Now you and Zak have something in common.
Image :evil5:
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

i also endose this guy because it will keep your dumbass out of my country.
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

OK, so I went too far :lol:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

No you didn't. Ron Paul fucking sucks. He's pro-life, is against national health care, and wants to GET RID OF MINIMUM WAGE (among a long list of other things), and he has the nerve to pass himself off as having a "libertarian" slant. The only good thing about him is that he supports withdrawing troops form the Middle East, really. And he's not the only candidate to support that. He can kindly "sod off". And no, I don't want you or Sayzak to make me a long list of youtube links to try to convince me otherwise. I don't like the guy and I never will.

Compared to Huckabee and Guilliani though, Ron Paul is an angel. By the way it looks like it's going to be, if I were to vote at all, I'd go for Hillary (kinda rather not) or a 3rd party. I'd like Barack Obama, though.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I'm so sick of hearing about Ron Paul. I talk to one of the guys who writes his speeches and it is sad how brain washed the people who work for him are. I would ask questions about Ron Paul and there was no free thinking in his responses, it was just "Ron Paul having a libertarian stance feels that (fill in the blank)". Also, I saw some of the ideas floating around for Ron Paul speeches. I don't know if they did it but they wanted to compare the Michael Vick thing to abortion and how abortion is so much worse because "human life >pitbull". The speech was going to be something like "how can people pay so much attention to Michael Vick killing some pitbulls when hundreds of people are being killed every day through abortion." I wish I had saved the conversations I have had because it just changed my whole outlook on Ron Paul.

I don't know who I will vote for yet. I am waiting until after the primarys before I really start paying attention
ImageImage
ER
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

He's pro-life? Let me guess, he probably supports the death penalty as well. :roll:
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Element wrote:i also endose this guy because it will keep your dumbass out of my country.

that had my rolling, and still does grade a answer luke
:evil5: TB>BB
$nipe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $nipe »

Xenofobic comments are getting old, coming from americans.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

well i'm voting for ron paul. while i dont agree on 100% of the things he says, i agree with the majority of them. actually, pretty much all aside from abortion (which he never ever ever ever said he'd make illegal), and net neutrality.

he HIMSELF is pro-life, but his whole thing is that he wouldnt push that on the citizens -- he want's to make it up to the states to decide, kinda like how the COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED.

and 311chik.. thats fucking retarded... "i'll wait til after the primaries"

seriously.... i guess you enjoy voting for the lesser of 2 evils.. we have a 2 (actually 1) party system going now. ron paul is the saving grace for this country whether you completely agree with him or not.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

$nipe wrote:Xenofobic comments are getting old, coming from americans.
they come from everywhere. :?
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I just can't believe that Mike Huckabee is receiving the strongest support right now. Now that dude is the kookiest of all.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/Politic ... 611&page=1

-----Former Arkansas governor and Baptist minister Mike Huckabee is now leading in polls of likely Republican caucus-goers in Iowa. Why? Huckabee explained last week at Liberty University's convocation.

-----"There's only one explanation for it, and it's not a human one. It's the same power that helped a little boy with two fish and five loaves feed a crowd of 5,000 people,'' Huckabee said.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

i hope most of you realize, just because a candidate says they believe in one thing does not automatically mean that it's going to actually happen, i mean shit, most things candidates believe in never happen, it's all designed to stroke your ego.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

$nipe wrote:Xenofobic comments are getting old, coming from americans.
Yeah, it really is getting old.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Shiny wrote:No you didn't. Ron Paul fucking sucks. He's pro-life, is against national health care, and wants to GET RID OF MINIMUM WAGE (among a long list of other things), and he has the nerve to pass himself off as having a "libertarian" slant. The only good thing about him is that he supports withdrawing troops form the Middle East, really. And he's not the only candidate to support that. He can kindly "sod off". And no, I don't want you or Sayzak to make me a long list of youtube links to try to convince me otherwise. I don't like the guy and I never will.

Compared to Huckabee and Guilliani though, Ron Paul is an angel. By the way it looks like it's going to be, if I were to vote at all, I'd go for Hillary (kinda rather not) or a 3rd party. I'd like Barack Obama, though.
A-fucking-men
:evil5:
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

please don't vote for hillary

i'll move to canada if she wins, i swear
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

I'm voting for Obama actually.
:evil5:
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

fatlip wrote:well i'm voting for ron paul. while i dont agree on 100% of the things he says, i agree with the majority of them. actually, pretty much all aside from abortion (which he never ever ever ever said he'd make illegal), and net neutrality.

he HIMSELF is pro-life, but his whole thing is that he wouldnt push that on the citizens -- he want's to make it up to the states to decide, kinda like how the COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED.

and 311chik.. thats fucking retarded... "i'll wait til after the primaries"

seriously.... i guess you enjoy voting for the lesser of 2 evils.. we have a 2 (actually 1) party system going now. ron paul is the saving grace for this country whether you completely agree with him or not.
Why is it "fucking retarded"? I'm not going to throw all my support behind a candidate that may not even make it past the primaries. I'm not going to say "I'm voting Obama" when he may not even be in the presidential race. With the internet it is easy to play catch up once the primaries are over and focus on the two who get nominated for their respective parties.
ImageImage
ER
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

311Chik wrote: Why is it "fucking retarded"? I'm not going to throw all my support behind a candidate that may not even make it past the primaries.
"retarded"
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

its just being apathetic.. its letting other make the choice for you.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10: