halloween costumes??????

A place to say what you want.
Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Sparticus »

I wonder how many Spartans I'll see. Probably more than 300.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Steve Irwin is this year's Sigfried

Man, I should start a "What's Hot and What's Not" TB Halloween blog. Here we go:

what's hot: people with cardboard "Transformer" accessories. PWNAGE.

what's not: people donned in cardboard "Facebook profiles" in which the picture area fits over their face, presenting the 3-D illusion that they are a LIVE ACTION profile. LOL OMG INTERNET GREAT REFERENCE. But the craze to reference social websites in real life is currently trite in 2007.

what's hot: Chris Hansen, complete with phony chat-logs. Extra points if you take your little niece around with you to bate people.

what's not: Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. Thank god we got this over with last year, amirite?

FOR THE LADIES:
Scantly clad "sexy nurses/devils/French maids" are still in this season. Word has it that "sexy librarian" will be making a comeback this year after dropping off in popularity in recent years due to a preference for "sexy attorneys" and "sexy cognitive psychologists".

FOR THE BLACK PEOPLE:
Tay Zonday will be the biggest trend amongst Internet meme-conscious black folks. Another popular trend will be an oversized plain white tee sporting a photoshopped image of a shirtless Dynamic J with a cock in his mouth.

OTHER PREDICTIONS AND TIPS:
For a few cheap laughs, lame white people will also be attempting (poorly) to mimic the "leave Britney alone" guy by simply putting on eyeliner and drunkenly spouting his catchphrases when the question of "who he is dressed as" comes up in conversation. If you chose this route, I'd make sure to differentiate yourself visually from the many others who will be mocking "emo kids" in costume.

IRONIC COSTUMES ARE IN!
The hipster culture just keeps getting bigger and better than ever, and this year, ironic costumes will kick it up a notch. Here are some suggestions:

*extreme throwback costumes such as a ghost made out of old bedsheets. Why would anyone return to such simplicity when everyone knows the best costumes reference pop culture in some way? This is an IRONIC COSTUME.

*costumes in which you dress as a member of a mainstream band (such as Fall Out Boy), and it's hilarious because everyone you know knows that you'd never get caught dead listening to that band... so haw haw, IRONIC COSTUME.

What about this year's ironic costumes compared to all the other years?

What's not: plain t-shirts which modestly say "This is a Halloween costume" on it. Still very intelligent and conscious, but it is now too old.

WHAT'S VERY HOT: plain t-shirts which psuedo- arrogantly say "Pitchfork gives this Halloween costume an 8.6". The more you think about this, the less real sense it makes, which makes it so great. Firstly, Pitchfork rates music, not clothing. Secondly, why would the shirt ONLY be an 8.6? Why that number? Why? Oh my brain hurts this is so confusingly ironic.

Good luck and be safe this year!
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

Yoni wrote:TAKE OFF THE TOP, TAKE A LOOK IN SIDE...... ITS MY DICK IN A BOX.
I was thinking about that one too...
So its come to this?
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

so are you guys gonna go with your actual penis in a box, or are you gonna dress up as a penis with a giant box around you?
I Want to Believe :evil5:
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Shiny wrote:Steve Irwin is this year's Sigfried

Man, I should start a "What's Hot and What's Not" TB Halloween blog. Here we go:

what's hot: people with cardboard "Transformer" accessories. PWNAGE.

what's not: people donned in cardboard "Facebook profiles" in which the picture area fits over their face, presenting the 3-D illusion that they are a LIVE ACTION profile. LOL OMG INTERNET GREAT REFERENCE. But the craze to reference social websites in real life is currently trite in 2007.

what's hot: Chris Hansen, complete with phony chat-logs. Extra points if you take your little niece around with you to bate people.

what's not: Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. Thank god we got this over with last year, amirite?

FOR THE LADIES:
Scantly clad "sexy nurses/devils/French maids" are still in this season. Word has it that "sexy librarian" will be making a comeback this year after dropping off in popularity in recent years due to a preference for "sexy attorneys" and "sexy cognitive psychologists".

FOR THE BLACK PEOPLE:
Tay Zonday will be the biggest trend amongst Internet meme-conscious black folks. Another popular trend will be an oversized plain white tee sporting a photoshopped image of a shirtless Dynamic J with a cock in his mouth.

OTHER PREDICTIONS AND TIPS:
For a few cheap laughs, lame white people will also be attempting (poorly) to mimic the "leave Britney alone" guy by simply putting on eyeliner and drunkenly spouting his catchphrases when the question of "who he is dressed as" comes up in conversation. If you chose this route, I'd make sure to differentiate yourself visually from the many others who will be mocking "emo kids" in costume.

IRONIC COSTUMES ARE IN!
The hipster culture just keeps getting bigger and better than ever, and this year, ironic costumes will kick it up a notch. Here are some suggestions:

*extreme throwback costumes such as a ghost made out of old bedsheets. Why would anyone return to such simplicity when everyone knows the best costumes reference pop culture in some way? This is an IRONIC COSTUME.

*costumes in which you dress as a member of a mainstream band (such as Fall Out Boy), and it's hilarious because everyone you know knows that you'd never get caught dead listening to that band... so haw haw, IRONIC COSTUME.

What about this year's ironic costumes compared to all the other years?

What's not: plain t-shirts which modestly say "This is a Halloween costume" on it. Still very intelligent and conscious, but it is now too old.

WHAT'S VERY HOT: plain t-shirts which psuedo- arrogantly say "Pitchfork gives this Halloween costume an 8.6". The more you think about this, the less real sense it makes, which makes it so great. Firstly, Pitchfork rates music, not clothing. Secondly, why would the shirt ONLY be an 8.6? Why that number? Why? Oh my brain hurts this is so confusingly ironic.

Good luck and be safe this year!
I thought last year Steve Irwin was that year's Sigfried?

What about a Michael Vick costume? Or the Paris/Lindsay jail costumes? Or crazy Britney costume? Hot or not?
ImageImage
ER
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

Shiny wrote:FOR THE BLACK PEOPLE:

...not quite sure where 'photoshop' comes into play here
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

311Chik wrote: I thought last year Steve Irwin was that year's Sigfried?

What about a Michael Vick costume? Or the Paris/Lindsay jail costumes? Or crazy Britney costume? Hot or not?
Steve Irwin had just died last September, making him not very referencable last Halloween due timing issues. More time has passed, so his death is eligible for better referencing this season.

All of the other ones you mentioned are SCORCHING HOT as long as Britney isn't portrayed as "bald". Too much has happened in the life of Brit since her shaved head incident, so focusing on that would overlook more socially relevant key points such as "Brit losing her kids". May I suggest you choreograph her poorly received MTV awards performance as the climax to a party... and have fellow Halloweeners in on the joke, dressed as child protection agency members to come in and want to take your kids away. Maybe you could even somehow pair up with a Chris Hansen and have HIM take them away.

I hadn't mentioned it before, but COMBINING pop culture references is very hot this year. You could even recycle very old gems and make them great again with fresher references. For example, Napolean Dynamite alone would be annoying, but combining him with John Heder's more recent hit, Blades of Glory, would be fucking amazing and you'd get so much recognition for being experimental.
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

311Chik wrote:? Or crazy Britney costume? Hot or not?
I was crazy/preggers britney last year. :lol: it was HOT.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

Virginia Beach, VA
AIM: Skaholic
http://www.myspace.com/311hive
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

I think I'm gonna make a giant pac man costume from cardboard boxes painted yellow. I should probably start working on it now if I want it to be ready for Halloween...

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

NO ONE GOT MY JOKE?!
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

KyleRayner wrote:so are you guys gonna go with your actual penis in a box, or are you gonna dress up as a penis with a giant box around you?
I thought about both...I think the second one would be more funny
So its come to this?
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

fatlip wrote:
Shiny wrote:FOR THE BLACK PEOPLE:

...not quite sure where 'photoshop' comes into play here
:lol:
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
Yoni
I can show you where is the beat

Post by Yoni »

Jordan311 wrote:I think I'm gonna make a giant pac man costume from cardboard boxes painted yellow. I should probably start working on it now if I want it to be ready for Halloween...

Later
Nice! Do it.
To all my friends, this is the end, the earth has swallowed me.

311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

:evil5: :smurfin: er.
KyleRayner wrote:bad things in moderation are very very good
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Giggity.

:evil5:
Nate
Taiyed Brodel