Immigrants

A place to say what you want.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Nate wrote:I always thought the idea of owning land was rediculous. If you want to live, breathe, and work on soil near me, go right ahead. Who's to say "you can't live here because I came here first and own it." How the fuck do you own shit that you didn't create?
Amen to that.

But since we have countries and boundaries, and all that, it seems like illegal immigrants only use this country for money so they can give back home or whatever they do with it.

That's where you have to draw the line.
:evil5:
8:16 AM
Your deed will be received

Post by 8:16 AM »

Ron Mexico wrote:unless you are american indian...someone in your family was an an immagrant remember that.

the system for immigrants coming into this nation is flawed and drawn out. just like most things in this country. also...this is supposed to be the land of opportunity not the land of people with sticks up their asses.

having a national language is a terrible idea. there is no need. allowing people the freedom to speak as they want is just one luxury you are afforded here. thats sounds like some commie shit to me. broadening you horizons weather it be in music, art, or culture is what makes this country great. no one can tell you shit. no one can tell you what to listen to, what language to speak, or anything like that. if thats how you want to live move to china.
It seems to me that many Countries stress the English language in their schools, I have relatives who live in Italy for example, the kids over there have been learning english for about as long as i have. Its ok to have a diversity in languages, but everyone has to agree life is easier when everyone can communicate, its not communism, its just efficiency.
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

Ummm yeah, The United States doesn't have an offical language. We just have a majority language. Same as religion. Same as in alot of stuff, majority rules.
the only thing true, we gotta love each other. try to keep a positive vibe.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
we can overcome the wrongs while we're reachin' the point.
stick together all forever. now continue to flow
OmahaStylee31106
Music's What I Need to Keep my Sanity

HEAR ME OUT!

Post by OmahaStylee31106 »

Here's my opinion on the situation at hand. It is very hard for these people to gain citizenship in the USA. Now i am not vouching for them but what I am trying to say is that we make the process for becoming a citizen very easy so that these people can be US citizens so then they will not be illegally living here and taking our tax dollars and slowly eating away at our social security. Without citizenship it is impossible to tax these people. If we make them citizens then they can pay taxes and help restore social security so that when we become old enough to retire we can have social security to look forward to. It will be a repayment, they took ours now we take theirs. And stop coming here and refusing to learn english and waving your flags... if you are that attached and homesick get the fuck out and go back!!! And stop protesting for illegals to stay illegal, come here and play by the rules or fucking leave the USA!!!
Life's a bowl of punch, go ahead and spike it!
WoolyBully
You got a choice of what you can do

Post by WoolyBully »

boundries are silly
There is no justice...it's a farce.
There's just-us.

Keep your neighborhood safe! Kill a cop!
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

the entire language thing erks me, i understand how you want people living in "your" country to speak "your" language and all, but its hard...english is said to be one of the hardest languages in the world, and for a grown adult, who has spoken their native langauge for years, to just instantly learn a new language is hard, yea they can take classes, but usually if they have just come to this country, they usually dont have the money to take an english class...just take this into consideration
:evil5: TB>BB
gramps311
You can't stop entropy so why even try

Post by gramps311 »

pnutwannabe wrote:How do you think this country was created? By illegal immigrants coming to this country.
when our ancestors migrated to north america, there weren't immigration laws like the ones we have today. not a very good comparison.

if the immigrant is illegal, he/she should be deported. they may be beneficial to the economy, but the fact that he/she is ILLEGAL remains.
8:16 AM
Your deed will be received

Post by 8:16 AM »

good point slmjimy311, but it was just as hard for our relatives to learn the language as well. Every wave of immigrants that have come to this country have been forced to learn English, except for this new wave. It's not a question of the difficulty of the language, it's about motivation. Why should they learn english when we'd rather write everything in two languages?
StarCreator
Still we're down like that

Post by StarCreator »

Viva Mexico
yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
:? :oops:
lol
Come On Pay A Fee Smoke Your Booty Weed
strongallalong
Part clock and part man
Location: Right on that fine line between Genius and Insanity

Post by strongallalong »

The things that pissed me off the most -

During that rally downtown (I live near D.C. so it was all over the news) they had a picture of a woman holding a sign that said "We are not criminals". They tried to glorify her. It's bullshit. Each one is a criminal. As soon as you step across the fucking border without papers, you are a criminal. You have committed an illegal act against the country. STFU, and burn that fucking sign. You want to be able to live here, you could learn to obey our laws and make some type of sacrifice to live here. Every other immigrant in the past did, why shouldn't you? And if you aren't going to obey the laws, you could at least know the important ones.

I hate walking up to an ATM and it asking if I want it in English or Spanish. I don't mind a Spanish option, but fucking start in English. Make them go a side route to get that precious spanish on the screen. Don't fucking penalize me and waste my extra 2 seconds to press the button next to the word English.

The argument for them is -

Since they are not legal, they can not file for tax returns. The statement that supports them, or at least tolerates them, claims that this tax money goes back into the economy since they can't get it back, so they are still giving the US money, whether they send their own personal income back to their country or not.

How I make a difference -

I live near Wheaton, MD. The 3rd highest concentration of hispanics in any city of the US. I walk around with aviators, a blue hat, and coat that say "BORDER PATROL" in big yellow letters on the back. Sometimes I'll even pretend I'm talking on a walkie talkie and start pointing at certain gatherings of them and it scares the shit out of them. Heh. Good clean after-school fun.
ride the jont piece...
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

hahahahhaahhaha that end part is hilarious
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

slmjimy311 wrote:the entire language thing erks me, i understand how you want people living in "your" country to speak "your" language and all, but its hard...english is said to be one of the hardest languages in the world, and for a grown adult, who has spoken their native langauge for years, to just instantly learn a new language is hard, yea they can take classes, but usually if they have just come to this country, they usually dont have the money to take an english class...just take this into consideration
Seriously, so what? Dude you go to any other country, and you want to be able to live there, you NEED to learn the language to do anything from a day to day basis.

Not having to speak english adds to communication problems. Like I said, who cares what language you speak amongs others privately, but when it comes down to it, its and underlying necessity to speak english hear.

Read that Ron, thats what i meant before. I don't think you fully understood. How is being able to freely communicate with everyone else a bad thing? Hows that having a stick up their ass?
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

Homebrew311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Homebrew311 »

Vibe Merchant wrote:Ummm yeah, The United States doesn't have an offical language. We just have a majority language. Same as religion. Same as in alot of stuff, majority rules.
That's not true. English is the official language.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Homebrew311 wrote:
Vibe Merchant wrote:Ummm yeah, The United States doesn't have an offical language. We just have a majority language. Same as religion. Same as in alot of stuff, majority rules.
The U.S really has no official language.
"A call out for unity

StarCreator
Still we're down like that

Post by StarCreator »

All i know is that I'm lucky to be bilingual because shit...it pays good money!!!
8)
Come On Pay A Fee Smoke Your Booty Weed
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

Drums wrote:
Homebrew311 wrote:
The U.S really has no official language.
BOOO YAAA!
the only thing true, we gotta love each other. try to keep a positive vibe.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
we can overcome the wrongs while we're reachin' the point.
stick together all forever. now continue to flow
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Drums wrote:
slmjimy311 wrote:the entire language thing erks me, i understand how you want people living in "your" country to speak "your" language and all, but its hard...english is said to be one of the hardest languages in the world, and for a grown adult, who has spoken their native langauge for years, to just instantly learn a new language is hard, yea they can take classes, but usually if they have just come to this country, they usually dont have the money to take an english class...just take this into consideration
Seriously, so what? Dude you go to any other country, and you want to be able to live there, you NEED to learn the language to do anything from a day to day basis.

Not having to speak english adds to communication problems. Like I said, who cares what language you speak amongs others privately, but when it comes down to it, its and underlying necessity to speak english hear.

Read that Ron, thats what i meant before. I don't think you fully understood. How is being able to freely communicate with everyone else a bad thing? Hows that having a stick up their ass?

im not saying its not neccassary to learn the language..all im saying is to dont judge them too harshley, maybe they want to learn, but how are they going to learn with no help...its not the easier thing to do

you goto another country, and try to learn their language, it will take you some time..alot of time...especially if you are doing it with no help...you will have learned the broken equivalent, which is a step up, but until you have fully learned the language, its nice to have a small guide (like how we have that extra option when we goto our atms), dont be so pissy about it, just cause nobody else helps us out doesnt mean we shouldnt help them out

you see a 5 year old getting his ass kicked by his dad, you of course are going to help that kid out, that kid has never done anything for, but you still help him out..why..because you are nice and you wanted to him...get what im trying ot say?
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

I don't want to sound like im being pissy, cause I'm not.

It's all good when people are in the process of learning the language, its a step in the right directin to make things easier/better for society and communication.

But making more and more things in another language makes the problem worse, cause it makes it easier for people to not learn the language.

When I say that i'm all for an official language, i don't mean it for race reasons like, fuck them for speaking another language here. i just think that it will be benefiial to everyone.

If you dont need it while your in the process of becoming a citizen, it should not provide another language.
"A call out for unity

y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

WoolyBully wrote:boundries are silly
Our Boundries keep you safe at night. Thank our soldier for that.
Virginia Beach, VA
AIM: Skaholic
http://www.myspace.com/311hive
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.