NOLA milkshake

Post by antfarm311 »

i think i know why 311 blew off new orleans this year

cause our mayor is a freakin' nutjob!
Let's put a smile on that face
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

They explain on the official site why they didnt go there; its not gonna be open until the summer.

And i see you got Portnoys kit in your sig, you play drums?
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

:evil5:
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

that guy is crazy
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

311drums915 wrote:They explain on the official site why they didnt go there; its not gonna be open until the summer.

And i see you got Portnoys kit in your sig, you play drums?
granted the information they got was from FEMA. and that i've been back to the arena to see (gasp) no structure damage -including wind-

so just because UNO is "damaged" they break tradition and move it to memphis. fuckin' memphis is a boring town. been there twice and nothing caught my eye about the city. i mean, try not to make it an outdoor venue like voodoofest (which we still had this past fall and it went damn well) or move it to another venue somewhere close-by (tennessee ain't close). i'm disappointed by them. i'm not bitter cause i'm from NOLA or anything, it's breaking their own rules. it's like they just gave up completely on pushing to have the show at its origin, like they even tried.

so all the Q & As to the band with them saying "it's a weekend gig", "it's in new orleans, no doubt", "benefit show" is all garbage.

they can say it's 311 day all they want, you hold it away from it's home, it's just another show.

i'll wait for the dvd

oh yeah, i used to play drums
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

i think memphis is a great idea, at first i was pissed that they didn't stay in NOLA, cuz there there probably was somewhere they could have it in NOLA, or anywhere in Lousiana. but i don't think i'd skip 311 day just cuz they aren't playing there. though i agree that there are many many place better than memphis to have it, but im still stoked.

hope you change your mind about going.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

antfarm311 wrote:granted the information they got was from FEMA. and that i've been back to the arena to see (gasp) no structure damage -including wind-

so just because UNO is "damaged" they break tradition and move it to memphis. fuckin' memphis is a boring town. been there twice and nothing caught my eye about the city. i mean, try not to make it an outdoor venue like voodoofest (which we still had this past fall and it went damn well) or move it to another venue somewhere close-by (tennessee ain't close). i'm disappointed by them. i'm not bitter cause i'm from NOLA or anything, it's breaking their own rules. it's like they just gave up completely on pushing to have the show at its origin, like they even tried.

so all the Q & As to the band with them saying "it's a weekend gig", "it's in new orleans, no doubt", "benefit show" is all garbage.

they can say it's 311 day all they want, you hold it away from it's home, it's just another show.
Amen.
the only thing true, we gotta love each other. try to keep a positive vibe.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
we can overcome the wrongs while we're reachin' the point.
stick together all forever. now continue to flow
manda
What can I say vacancy sounds like

Post by manda »

:roll:
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

At least there is going to be a 311 day.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

311 day is march 11th, just because it is in memphis does not mean that the date of the show is not actually march 11th, it is 311 day because of the date, not because new orleans is where it happens, it just so happens that new orleans is whre they got recognition for march 11th but now as it is not possible to have it there they have movied it to a different city, not a differnet day, any other implication is, to be blunt, people being bitter it got moved and now they have to drive farther. waa waa, you got 3 of them already. just another show my ass. if anything they will go harder since it is away from its original home and they need to show they can still rock it. well, thats what i think about the situation anyways. its still 311 day and it will still be incredible, no matter where it is held. at least they didnt move it to california

edit = this sounds mean, i did not intend it as so, except hte just another show my ass part
I Want to Believe :evil5:
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

Dude, we in Louisiana need a fuking break. What better than the 3/11 Day concert by 311. I dont want to sound like we are whinning but fuking come on man. We waited 2 months because of the cancelled concert and some of us couldnt come back to something because of the storm and couldnt go to the re-scheduled show. 311 is just what some of us needed to make the next day better. I can throw out a bunch of reasons why i cant go to memphis for the concert but ill just plainly say I CANT FUKING TRAVEL TO MEMPHIS FOR THE 311 CONCERT.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

I just heard about the whole mayor saying everything about NO becoming "chocolate" again. Thats fuckin rediculous and I now get the picture.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

I still havent heard the interview but someone told me they took what he said completely out of context.
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

merchant gets it, thanks bud.

like i said, i'll wait for the dvd...or next 3-11 day.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Vibe Merchant wrote:Dude, we in Louisiana need a fuking break. What better than the 3/11 Day concert by 311. I dont want to sound like we are whinning but fuking come on man. We waited 2 months because of the cancelled concert and some of us couldnt come back to something because of the storm and couldnt go to the re-scheduled show. 311 is just what some of us needed to make the next day better. I can throw out a bunch of reasons why i cant go to memphis for the concert but ill just plainly say I CANT FUKING TRAVEL TO MEMPHIS FOR THE 311 CONCERT.
311 Day is not Sympathy Day
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

he never said it was "sympathy day" mike. the city's been through enough shit the last 6 months that the city of new orleans needs a break from the complexity and chaos surrounding the area, and what better than to have one of the greatest live bands come back to have their bi-annual shows where it started.

to move it to memphis is like telling new orleans, "oh sorry...better luck next time, keep your chins up though!" i'm just a firm believer in tradition, you break it and ya get shit on.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

It isn't 311's doing though. UNO's arena won't be officially open until the summer, and its their ultimate call. There was nothing that the band could do about it.

And yeah, that reasoning is based on sympathy because its saying that 311 definately needs to come to New Orleans, defying the fact that the venue will be closed, based solely on the fact that there was a disaster in the city. I'm in no way stating that the Hurricane was not utterly tragic, but that fact that it happened doesn't provide a logical reason that 311 should have the concert in the city. Sure, it would be a wonderful gesture on 311's part and I'm sure they'd do it if they could. But they can't.

"Mr. Professor, my mom is in the hospital and my sister died in a car accident last month, can you please oh please give me an A in the class even though I haven't mastered the material?"

So basically, there is no sense in complaining about this anymore. I was upset too at first when I found out that I couldn't lazily roll out of bed on 311 Day and be at the venue in 20 minutes, but I can live with it now. I'm just going to have to make a trip now, and frankly I'm going to have a lot more fun doing that.

If you can't make it to Memphis, I'm really sorry, I know we all don't have the time and money for that, especially in the state that New Orleans and its dark chocolate/white milk residents are unfortunately in. But there's really nothing that we can do about it. So punch a pillow, set an Evolver CD insert on fire, but moving 311 Day to Memphis had to happen.
manda
What can I say vacancy sounds like

Post by manda »

:lol:
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

damn mike, you disappoint me.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

But Evolver rocks.. 8)

I agree with Shiny though.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

antfarm311 wrote:damn mike, you disappoint me.

u shouldnt me, the man makes great points
:evil5: TB>BB