Jordan311 wrote:Image
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
cantfademel
Cool as the blue water all around

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Post by cantfademel »

A MUST WATCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JD8pZiRIzs#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

a must die^

i think no one here likes you.. alt or not
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

This dude kills it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6oCscep ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i agree with carolla. there is one part where he essentially says:

back in the day a father and son would walk around the neighborhood and when they saw a rolls royce, the father would say to the son "look at that man, look up to him, that man worked hard to build an empire and now look at him." nowadays its more like "look at him driving his fancy car, who does he think he is? what gives him the right to drive a fancy car? lets throw rocks at the car!"

obviously circumstances are a little different and don't directly relate to whats going on today with corporate corruption, but thats kind of my mentality. im going to work my ass off to be successful rather than despise those that are.

and if more of the protesters were as well spoken and smart as that guy people may look at this protest differently. (not saying i agree or disagree with what he said, but hes saying it in the right way)
:evil5: TB>BB
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

the movement isn't against successful people. it's against people that manipulate politics to keep themselves in power. it's about greed and corruption and taking advantage of those who have nothing.

no one hates on apple. no one hates on hershey's. no one hates on Fat Mike from NOFX, who is actually in great support of the movement even though he's a part of the 1%.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

$lmjimy311 wrote:

back in the day a father and son would walk around the neighborhood and when they saw a rolls royce, the father would say to the son "look at that man, look up to him, that man worked hard to build an empire and now look at him." nowadays its more like "look at him driving his fancy car, who does he think he is? what gives him the right to drive a fancy car? lets throw rocks at the car!"

obviously circumstances are a little different and don't directly relate to whats going on today with corporate corruption, but thats kind of my mentality. im going to work my ass off to be successful rather than despise those that are.

and if more of the protesters were as well spoken and smart as that guy people may look at this protest differently. (not saying i agree or disagree with what he said, but hes saying it in the right way)

You're going to be a lawyer, but you can't understand what OWS is about. Notice I didn't say agree, but understand. Being able to think critically is kind of important to being a good attorney. But you plan on being a corporate whore anyway so it's good that you can't think critically.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

fatlip wrote:the movement isn't against successful people. it's against people that manipulate politics to keep themselves in power. it's about greed and corruption and taking advantage of those who have nothing.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Smoke wrote:
$lmjimy311 wrote:

You're going to be a lawyer, but you can't understand what OWS is about. Notice I didn't say agree, but understand. Being able to think critically is kind of important to being a good attorney. But you plan on being a corporate whore anyway so it's good that you can't think critically.
i've said it before and ill say it again, i've made no substantial step in trying to understand it. thats why i dont make many comments on it. i just said i agree with what corolla said because he does describe what i dont like about a lot of my generation. also hence why i stated that what he was saying doesnt directly relate to the circumstances in question.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

fatlip wrote:the movement isn't against successful people. it's against people that manipulate politics to keep themselves in power. it's about greed and corruption and taking advantage of those who have nothing.

no one hates on apple. no one hates on hershey's. no one hates on Fat Mike from NOFX, who is actually in great support of the movement even though he's a part of the 1%.
I get that, but I do feel that there are fair many people that do despise those that have made and my feelings regarding them are summed up in that little "quote" that i posted.
cantfademel
Cool as the blue water all around

Post by cantfademel »

no one hates on apple.
By keeping prices low, Walmart does more for poor people than any other corporation in the United States. Not to mention that they give more money to charity than any other company in the US. Apple on the other hand is the biggest piece of shit offender when it comes to driving excess consumerism down America's throat.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

it's you're own fucking fault if you feel the NEED to own an iphone. if you get your personal priorities straight, then you won't have an issue with the existence of a company that offers you an option. they're not a monopoly.

wal-mart i used to be suuuuuuuuuuper against.. wouldn't even walk into one. i've since changed my views because of what you stated. don't get me wrong, i don't like them by any means.. but i consider it a necessary evil. i avoid it when i can, but what can you do?

i stopped hating on it when i was on tour and broke. the good part is that everything is cheap and everywhere. the bad part is they are known to purposely drive out local business
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

fatlip wrote:it's you're own fucking fault if you feel the NEED to own an iphone. if you get your personal priorities straight, then you won't have an issue with the existence of a company that offers you an option. they're not a monopoly.

wal-mart i used to be suuuuuuuuuuper against.. wouldn't even walk into one. i've since changed my views because of what you stated. don't get me wrong, i don't like them by any means.. but i consider it a necessary evil. i avoid it when i can, but what can you do?

i stopped hating on it when i was on tour and broke. the good part is that everything is cheap and everywhere. the bad part is they are known to purposely drive out local business
there was a farmers market located walking distance from my apartment in undergrad it was awesome. the majority of the time shit i got from there was only slightly more expensive but for me it was worth it cause not only did it taste better but it did feel nice to give to the locals in some form.

i think one of the reasons he mentioned apple was because they're known, along with jobs, to not have been a really charitable organization considering the money they bring in.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Guys i might get a new jorb Monday.
Wish me luck.
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
:evil5:
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

It's almost like many of you have zero intellectual curiosity.

Wallmart is good for poor people, hahahahaha