Taiyed Brodel

Yo Jim

Post by CatCity »

how hard is the LSAT?
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Yo Jim

Post by $lmjimy311 »

its really difficult to tell. i know smart kids that havent done too well on it. if you study though the test is beatable. if you plan on studying for it, i highly recommend using the kaplan service, or at least their books. the tips and strategy they gave me really upped my score quite a bit.
:evil5: TB>BB
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Right on, I'm considering law school after this degree.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

good luck man. its a tough market out there. study hard for the lsat, you only get 2 chances at it.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

enjoy more debt and not getting a job after you graduate.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

My friends obese sister got her law degree from a fourth tier school (Northern Illinois U.) and passed the bar finally found job at a firm took her about a 1 year. To get it, at first she was working retail. So, I'm sure if she can do it you can. I was really down on the law school idea, thinking about something that's more in demand. But maybe WE do need more lawyers?!
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

it really just boils down to where you place in your class and/or who you know in terms of getting a job. at least for most people
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

who would want to be a tool for the machine, some kite blowing in the bureaucracy
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Element wrote:who would want to be a tool for the machine, some kite blowing in the bureaucracy
dude please, where do you work? Your question and rant sounds like some kind of bullshit defense mechanism.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Jordan311 wrote:enjoy more debt and not getting a job after you graduate.

Later

Anything better than your 20K bullshit job. Jordan this discussion is between two individuals who are exchanging distinctive assessments. No one mentioned anything about settling after a debilitated two year degree at a feeble college.

Go listen to 311...
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Sam, I will say one thing. If you end up not getting into a top 100 school...I dont know if its going to be worth it. The stats that most law schools give you about their employment percentages aren't just those that work in the legal field, but those that end up working retail jobs and such as well. Getting a job from a tier 3 and tier 4 school, even when you know people and made good grades, is damn hard and in many cases clients won't take you seriously until at least 5-6 years into your career when your degree stops mattering. Also, once you're in...prepare to have your life taken away from you. You change in law school man.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

$lmjimy311 wrote:You change in law school man.

Nigga ive been to war...
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

:lol:

word
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Sam wrote:
$lmjimy311 wrote:You change in law school man.

Nigga ive been to war...
no shit. i meant in your social life takes a hit, you start thinking about law 24/7 (i can't recall how many times now i see something and the first thing i think of is "i wonder if thats a tortious action" or something to that extent), your general free time takes a huge hit. Not the you're gonna change cause you've been to war change.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

Sam wrote:
Element wrote:who would want to be a tool for the machine, some kite blowing in the bureaucracy
dude please, where do you work? Your question and rant sounds like some kind of bullshit defense mechanism.
look at this serious guy being all serious and shit
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Element wrote:
Sam wrote:
look at this serious guy being all serious and shit

Your god damn right, I expect bullshit of that criteria from jordan. The perception being traded throughout this thread is vacuous. Jim you have over 50,000 posts, and you tell me you have a minuscule amount of time to yourself. Farcical matter. I'll just study to become an astronaut instead.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

Sam wrote:
Jordan311 wrote:enjoy more debt and not getting a job after you graduate.

Later

Anything better than your 20K bullshit job. Jordan this discussion is between two individuals who are exchanging distinctive assessments. No one mentioned anything about settling after a debilitated two year degree at a feeble college.

Go listen to 311...
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

My sister is doing lawschool...And Jim is right your social life takes a huge hit. I barely see/talk to her anymore at all. I'd say do it, she is loving it so far. These silly nags be trolling ya.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Sam wrote: Jim you have over 50,000 posts, and you tell me you have a minuscule amount of time to yourself. Farcical matter. I'll just study to become an astronaut instead.
The vast, and I mean VAST, majority of those came way before law school. And a quick look at TB, on my computer, where I do most of my work, does not at all show how much of a hit my social life has taken. If I didn't check my normal websites or take another form of small break between my work my mind just wouldn't function properly. You gotta get away from work somehow and this is how I do it.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

You are very well spoken Jim.