Occupy Wall Street

A place to say what you want.
cantfademel
Cool as the blue water all around

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Post by cantfademel »

Seriously though, is this clown for real? Banks don't foreclose on people who pay their mortgage. It's not the bank's problem that this knucklehead bit off more than he could chew.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

cantfademel wrote:Image
Seriously though, is this clown for real? Banks don't foreclose on people who pay their mortgage. It's not the bank's problem that this knucklehead bit off more than he could chew.
Because there is no way he lost his job and has been unemployed. That could never happen when it is such a good economy right now.

:evil5:
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

pnutwannabe wrote:
Because there is no way he lost his job and has been unemployed. That could never happen when it is such a good economy right now.
if that were the case he wouldn't be a "working" person..........
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

dj3stripes wrote:
pnutwannabe wrote:
if that were the case he wouldn't be a "working" person..........
:|

Doesn't change the fact that he was, and still wants to be. That also doesn't change the fact that he feels strongly about that stance.

cantfademel
Cool as the blue water all around

Post by cantfademel »

Doesn't change the fact that he paid $150 for pre-ripped jeans
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

cantfademel wrote:Doesn't change the fact that he paid $150 for pre-ripped jeans
Because you went to the guy and asked him brand, style, and price.

If you have nothing else to contribute to the conversation other than trying to drive a point home because it's apparently the only point your simple mind could come up with, stop talking. You'd be doing everyone, including your side, a favor.

fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

$lmjimy311 wrote:
Smoke wrote:
ps. im not exactly in favor of this occupy wallstreet bullshit. im not in the 1%, but god damn do i aspire to be. hopefully one day one of you hipster fucks will be protesting outside of my office. i might shed a tear at the beautiful image that will provide me.

What aren't you in favor of?
If you don't know much about OWS, why say it's bullshit
Why are you prelooking down on people for being economically challenged and trying to fight a system rigged against it.

My guess is you're going to be a corporate attorney. You sound like the type

that is actually exactly what im going into. and me referring it to bullshit is more of me just referring to it (like, park your shit overt here), the bull was added cause it was a protest about corporate greed which i personally dont think a protest is going to solve, hence my later comment about me saying i stopped digging into it once i read a little about it (the website).

ps. if you couldnt tell MOST of that quote was in a joking manner.

pps. plunged*
if you don't look into it fully, whether you agree with it or not, you cannot have a full, well-rounded, VALID opinion on the matter. that would be like me saying: "oh a plane hit the WTC? fuck that i don't believe it" and becoming a 'truther' based on the fact that i think planes are so safe that nothing can ever go wrong
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

Tehshewz wrote:
Sam wrote:didn't shoes just have a post about how he is having financial troubles...
Buying $60 video games every week and going out to eat everyday for lunch is not really considered financial troubles.
Just stupidity.
My post was more or less just me seeking help on how to control my wasteful spending habits.

In witch you guys have helped me out allot and i thank you all for that.

Now....i am going to voice my opinion.

These protesters(hipsters) are all crying about big company and all of there money that they have.
We live in a materialistic world were the more expensive things you own the better off you are.
All of these people are looking to blame there initial issues on someone else and not blame it on them selves.

You got all these idiots out there with there iPhones,MACs, Over priced cups of coffie from starbucks,$100 dollar hoodies from American Apparel and very very nice looking production cameras protesting on how they have no money and how this "corporate greed" has gotten out of hand.

This people that are in power are in power for a reason.....they succeeded were others haven't.
If i was rich and in power....i am not going to just stop what i am doing to a bunch of dirty hippies?....fuck no.
I EARNED my money and my right to power.
I WAS successful.

These people are not even TRYING.
Wanna stop corparte greed?
Cancel your TV account.
Stop using the internet.
Dont buy a cell phone.
Dont go out to eat.
Dont by name brand clothes.
Dont buy a car.
Protest were the protest will do damage.
THE CORPORATE GUYS WALLETS YOU MOTHER FUCKERS.
You don't buy there shit.They make no money.

Its in human nature to want power and control.
We are a country that best describes it.

These idiots are not trying to adjust there own lives, they just want someone to blame.
When i had money issues you know what i did?.....i asked you guys because that's what any normal smart adaptive human being would do.

ADAPT.
i feel like you're quoting the news.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

Tehshewz wrote:
pnutwannabe wrote:It's funny when the epitome of hipsters is calling everyone here hipsters, but I digress.

As for my educated response, as well as why I support it, I'll answer them both to make it easier for you to understand. Since deregulation of the banking system the banks have engaged in risky and toxic trading with bonds and loans due to there being no oversight. Combine that with increased lobbying and spending for lobbying, which in our current government amounts to bribes. Everything was fine until the housing market collapsed leading to toxic assets that helped no one, which lead to the recession. There has been no government intervention aside from bailouts which were funded by us to pay corporations back for them being greedy and screwing us over. That includes hidden fees, lack of information on interest rates, no interest rate cap, as well as less than reputable lending habits. They lent to people hoping and pushing people to default.

With the supreme court decision to make corporations essentially people with unlimited contributions to candidates, it reaks of corruption. It's obvious that the government and the corporations have no interest in what the masses want, or what is best for the people they represent. It's all about money. I support the Occupy movement because I believe government should actually represent and help the people instead of helping corporations leech the American people. When CEO to woker pay rate is 475:1, and that the 1% holds upwards of 90% of the nations wealth there is a problem. Occupy is the most that Americans have done in the face of injustices for years. It's not perfect, but you need to start small before there is a change. Look at the Arab Spring.

I'll fix any spelling issues when I'm off my iPhone. There is your educated response
You look to be the rare .01% of the "99%" that have an actual constructed educated reason.
Your Occupy Wall Street movement is useless with out order.
You might want to help educate the other 99% dirty hipster hippies that are jumping on this as a cool, edgy fad.
You cant just stand outside and randomly demand things.
No one is taking any of you seriously.
you *clearly* have not been to the protest at all if you truly think it's all hipsters and no one knows what they're protesting against.

but at the same time, i agree, unfortunately. i don't think the protest will do anything. anyone who does, was successfully brainwashed in school when learning about Gandhi and MLK Jr. and Rosa Parks. you're taught in school that you have the right to a peaceful protest; that's fine. but peaceful protests don't change anything, and they never have. schools teaching you that doing it peacefully will make change, say that because the people who create the curriculum wouldn't want to give others power.

i'm generally a pacifist, but unless they step up their game, nothing is gonna change. if it really was 99% vs 1%, don't you think the majority would have won already?

want something done? murder a few ~400:1 CEOs and some bankers, we'll see how fast things change thereafter.

name me ONE revolution/change that was peacefully accomplished...

aaaaaaaaand go!!

p.s. MLK JR doesn't count because he was assassinated (violence)
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

fatlip wrote:name me ONE revolution/change that was peacefully accomplished...
"WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, and IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH"
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

It doesn't really count if those being violent are against the peaceful protest. Which is one of the reasons why peaceful protest has power.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

india says hello
:evil5: TB>BB
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

whoops... *in america
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

ummm jimmy i'm pretty sure a lot of people died in that revolution.

but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the threat of violence was there but they were smart enough to just give up power. unlike most dictators or monarchs.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Element wrote:ummm jimmy i'm pretty sure a lot of people died in that revolution.

but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the threat of violence was there but they were smart enough to just give up power. unlike most dictators or monarchs.
the brits did that damage. the revolution occurred due to the ghandi's peaceful protests. a simple wiki search will tell you that.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

$lmjimy311 wrote:
Element wrote:ummm jimmy i'm pretty sure a lot of people died in that revolution.

the brits did that damage. the revolution occurred due to the ghandi's peaceful protests. a simple wiki search will tell you that.
there were plenty of violent clashes between muslims, sikhs and hindus after the partition of india. the following unification claimed many lives as well. was the cause of such unrest the cause of the british? yes.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Element wrote:
$lmjimy311 wrote:

there were plenty of violent clashes between muslims, sikhs and hindus after the partition of india. the following unification claimed many lives as well. was the cause of such unrest the cause of the british? yes.
i dont deny the aftermath, but im referring more to the independence from england was done through non-violent protests. the clashes afterwards is a whole nother battle
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
DynamicJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DynamicJ »

I'm about to occupy my bathroom. pics to come
Elmt...Image
Cerpin Taxt
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Cerpin Taxt »

$lmjimy311 wrote:

india says hello

Brazil from Portugal was 100% peaceful
Who brought me here..............?
Forsaken depraved and wrought with fear

ImageImage